What's new

No cenral asian migration to Bengal and Timur was not a mongol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the reference. You see when mongols went west for conquest, they also took their families and some settle in different parts of the world. In the same way Timur Lane was born of a mongol parents who settle I presume summercand. Timur lane was very talented. He was very good in chess.

I have always wanted to say this and now that i am eating an idli, the timing feels right. :P

We are bangladesh. We are the continuator of the great dravidian kingdom of bangladesh. I along with fellow dravidians of bangladesh will crush the treacherous aryans and claim the vengence for heir trechery. We have our own faith about our Nationality from the ancient time. We have made our Bangladesh six thousand years ago, We are the Wari Bateswarian( Old Bangladeshian , Dravidian Nation). . I never like to hear anything from anyone about my identity. We know ourselves :D

You are a Bangladeshi HINDU. You do not represent all Bangladeshis ( Bangladesh has less than 10% Hindus ).

I think Al Zakir would be offended that you have the audacity to speak for him as would many other Bangladeshi Muslims.

Now tell us which one do you look like??

781px-Asiatiska_folk%2C_Nordisk_familjebok.jpg

which one is bangali, I look like that.

Bro, his name is Timur but in bengali we call him ' toimur lòng ' or something! He was like a conqueror! War killing looting plundering just like Alexander! He had vast kingdom in central asia... All of his descendants then ruled central asia like Samarkhand was ruled by one son, farghöna ruled by another! Mughal Babur was his descendant and was heavily influenced by him! He wanted to imitate Timur, thats why he came to delhi like Timur.

Alexander never looted or plundered, even if some of his soldiers did, it was certainly not comparable to what Timur or the Mongols did to the lands they conquered. In fact, Alexander established hundreds of cities in his conquered territories, most of them having the name "Alexandria". I think the "Hellenistic age" started due to his conquests.

You are a Bangladeshi HINDU. You do not represent all Bangladeshis ( Bangladesh has less than 10% Hindus ).

I think Al Zakir would be offended that you have the audacity to speak for him as would many other Bangladeshi Muslims.

What makes you say that he is a Hindu :confused: Not everyone likes having borrowed Arab names!

I think you are not familiar with sheik baba :D .

I can't understand how even those "Muslims" who claim to care about Muslim history don't know the havoc and destruction Timur laid waste to different Muslim empires from Iraq to India. Remeber it was the Tughlaq dynasty that had a vast empire in India that was sacked by Timur. He attacked most of presentday Pakistan ending his campaing witht he sacking of Delhi. He invaded the Ottoman empire and the Mamluks in the west sackling Aleppo and Damascus. He infact, was even more destructive in his campaigns in West Asia than even India. In any case, Timur doesn't have any relation with Bengal so his link doesn't arise here.

Its the height of stupidity to say that Timur was a "great muslim conquerer" when the vat majority of those he attacked and killed were infact Muslims themselves.

His only redeeming factor is that he was able to create a renaisance of sorts in Central Asia as the wealth poured in from most of his conqured territories - which were in any case being ruled by Muslims anyways. The fact is that though they were nominal Muslims, he was just like their non-Muslim forefathers under Chengis Khan and Halaku Khan who created a massive wave of destruction across the Muslim ruled territories.

The correct way to look at it is a geopolitics of the region and the fact that until the invetion of the Gun and artillery, nomads who were expert horsemen and archers had an enduring advantage in military combat against settled societies and empires who did not have this advantage. With the invetion of the gun and artillery around the 18th century this changed in the favour of the settled people and the "nomadic advantage" in miliary combat was lost.

The correct way to look at it is a geopolitics of the region and the fact that until the invetion of the Gun and artillery, nomads who were expert horsemen and archers had an enduring advantage in military combat against settled societies and empires who did not have this advantage. With the invetion of the gun and artillery around the 18th century this changed in the favour of the settled people and the "nomadic advantage" in miliary combat was lost.

Couldn't have said it better myself :tup:

This is because you are tagore loving and may be Islamic name holding " ". I bet you know more about Ramayona than alif laila.
ramayan is more relevant to BD than alif laila which is a foreign theme to this land

Is this identity crisis local or imported from Pakistan?

And if Bangladeshis are Mongoloid, then so are Rohingyas, so someone pls ask the Mongoloid Myanmarese to go easy on them.

Al Zakir has his own identity crisis, he's not bangali and hates bengali culture. Since the topic is about genetics and not religion, your bigoted comment can be ignored.

You are right in saying that Timur was Turkic. However, since most of these people cannot tell a difference between TURKIC and TURKISH, let me give a definition of TURKIC:

TURKIC : a family of closely related languages of southwest, central, and northern Asia and eastern Europe, including Turkish, Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Uzbek, Kirghiz, Kazakh and Yakut.

Turkish people are also Turkic and they originate from Central Asia, also.

Now lets talk about the connection of Mongols and Turkic tribes. Historically many tribes are described as Turko-Mongols because many Mongol tribes became Turkofied as the moved West, conquering lands of Central Asia. This use to occur quite frequently as armies conquered new territories and settled in their conquered lands and married local girls their future generations were mixed heritage. Timur who was Turkic had such mixed ancestary as well.

Let me further clarify why the Indian Mughals who were descendents of Turkic tribes ( Babar was a descendent of Timur ) had Persian mothers and this mixed ancestary softened their features. In other words, Mughals were Persianized Turks and spoke Persian as their first language ( Babar spoke persian ). The reason for this change was that persians conquered Central Asian cities like Samarkand and Bukhara in the middle ages and the whole area was Persianized.

I know this is too much of a history lesson for most South Asians , especially form India where their successive Hindu Fundamentalist political parties like BJP have totally erased Mughal History from their curriculum during their reign. I just hope that this sets up the perspective so that they can debate intelligently.
i had respect for you until the last para. inidian history teaches mughal in detail and in good light, when it was actually a mixd bag

great-great-grandfather of Babur and off course a great muslim conquerer who freed West, South and Central Asia from oppression.

Any muslims who contributed to the spread of ISLAM is a hero to all muslims. Its very simple really.:)

Timur killed 17 million people during his military campaigns...that is a great way to free people..

Nonetheless a great hero for muslims.....not surprising...

Timur killed 17 million people during his military campaigns...that is a great way to free people..

Nonetheless a great hero for muslims...not surprising.....

that is insulting...... ! don't you think??

Nonetheless a great hero for muslims...not surprising.....

that is insulting...... ! don't you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom