What's new

No Electricity since morning (Welcome PAKISTAN)

@Argus Panoptes; you should take that as a compliment! VCheng was one of the best posters here. Only his candour and articulation did not appeal to the taliban. So he finally exited.
However you are a good poster in your own right; so I will not offend or insult you by comparing you with anybody. :cheers:

VCheng was a great guy, but he riled up his fellow Pakistani members here so badly.

On topic: When there is a big blackout, can you still access the mobile internet on your smartphone?

Last edited by a moderator:
reading this thread I remember when I went in UP(in my native village) some years back in summers...and next day a powerful storm came and then no electricity for next 3 days....bhai cell phone ko tractor ki battery se charge karna pad raha tha..lols

i', curious--where did you plug it in? to get chraged i mean

Its a fact of life in pakistan they can't have electricity even in their top 3 cities. And if people are ok or justifying it by any means they are the one responsible for the load shedding and deserve it.

they are waiting for the storming of the bastille....

i', curious--where did you plug it in? to get chraged i mean

they are waiting for the storming of the bastille....

You connect the tractor battery to an inverter and use it to power/charge electronic device. Simples.

Power shortage? Power outage? Load shedding?

Welcome to Modi land, 24 hours electricity even in villages.

Or fight your eternal battle with corrupted leaders who dont care for their masses.

this summer power shortage could hit 7,000MW's

VCheng was a great guy, but he riled up his fellow Pakistani members here so badly.

On topic: When there is a big blackout, can you still access the mobile internet on your smartphone?

Unless it is a massive breakdown of the national grid, most cellphone towers have backup power and smartphone services remain available during routine loadshedding.

@Argus Panoptes; you should take that as a compliment! VCheng was one of the best posters here. Only his candour and articulation did not appeal to the taliban. So he finally exited.
However you are a good poster in your own right; so I will not offend or insult you by comparing you with anybody. :cheers:

To begin with, you are guys are making it sound like VC's funeral has taken place, and his gravestone put up - the old man is very much alive. We all will die, but let me assure you he will not!

As for riling up his fellow nationals or not appealing to the Taliban - hardly. He left of his own free will.

Oh please not AGAIN. I do not know who this VCheng is. Ask any Mod for ipchecks and whatever else you want, including my email address which ends in yahoo.CA as in Canada.

Next time someone says that, just press report post. We will deal with people who dare accuse you of being one of the the biggest self-professed drama queens in the forum world.

Since you are so adamant on telling the entire world that you are in Canada, why dont you change your current location flag accordingly. Will make life simple for you.

Ouch - it's April and so hot already!

Welcome back @Elmo. Have'nt seen any post by you here for a while.
ps: about VCheng; I'm sure that he is not dead :D He's younger than me, so he'll have a long innings to go yet. I just said that he "exited". :)

On topic @fatman17: 7000 MW shortage is a large gap. It will have an impact on the poll verdicts, apart from the discomfort to the population.

Welcome back @Elmo. Have'nt seen any post by you here for a while.
On topic @fatman17: 7000 MW shortage is a large gap. It will have an impact on the poll verdicts, apart from the discomfort to the population.

it surely will

That is a good point, since loadshedding can be used as a tool to manipulate public opinion against the just departed incumbents. Perhaps to benefit PTI?

That is a good point, since loadshedding can be used as a tool to manipulate public opinion against the just departed incumbents. Perhaps to benefit PTI?

It can be, for sure. It is used in India frequently to beef up the "anti-incumbency factor". And it works; as many politicos found out to their mortification.

It can be, for sure. It is used in India frequently to beef up the "anti-incumbency factor". And it works; as many politicos found out to their mortification.

Then I am quite sure it will be used as a tool to influence the election outcomes as much as is possible in Pakistan too.

This is the alternative model we're following in India - Solar Power.

solar_thermal-india.jpg

100-megawatt Solar power plant, Rajasthan

Under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (NSM) – an initiative unveiled by the Government of India in January 2010, India aims to have 2 gigawatts of installed solar power generation capacity by 2013, 10 gigawatts by 2017, and 20 gigawatts (20,000 megawatts) by 2022! And that's a lot of power from the sun! Lessening the dependence on non renewable energy sources like gas and coal is the way forward.

Back
Top Bottom