What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

After they lost a Mirage 2000 in a flypast in late 80's,they stopped aerobatics and haven't suffered a loss atleast during rehearsals/national day parades.

the only lesson one can draw is be like the Indian airforce and do a simple flypast.

That's not a bad lesson to learn IMHO. Imagine for a minute that this plane could have fallen on the civilian population and then what would have happened?

Crashes happen but it has consequences remember the Pak army aviation plane that crashed on houses last year in Rawalpindi and more than 15 people were burnt while in sleep with no dead bodies left to bury even. If incident like that can be avoided then it should be avoided

Honing skills is one thing but showboating should not be encouraged.

65319A49-72DF-41A9-A7C0-5BF75D47D6A2.jpeg

After they lost a Mirage 2000 in a flypast in late 80's,they stopped aerobatics and haven't suffered a loss atleast during rehearsals/national day parades.
And last year couple of their Hawks collided while rehearsing for an airshow.
I agree PAF is doing the aerobatics too often, perhaps they should do the rehearsals for them elsewhere.

It’s so good to see the deceased Pilot trending everywhere, everyone is posting, Government, Private organizations, cricketers, celebrities

Not sure if the F-16 hit the high tension cables in the area or crashed into a pylon as this image suggests.

ES0qlTiUwAAA3-3

And last year couple of their Hawks collided while rehearsing for an airshow.
I agree PAF is doing the aerobatics too often, perhaps they should do the rehearsals for them elsewhere.

I knew you'd talk about the hawks but if you could just read my post again i specifically talked about national day flypasts.

To be honest,the airforce needs to stop putting the lives of it's pilots in danger by unnecessary airshows.
Peace

That's not a bad lesson to learn IMHO. Imagine for a minute that this plane could have fallen on the civilian population and then what would have happened?

Crashes happen but it has consequences remember the Pak army aviation plane that crashed on houses last year in Rawalpindi and more than 15 people were burnt while in sleep with no dead bodies left to bury even. If incident like that can be avoided then it should be avoided

Honing skills is one thing but showboating should not be encouraged.

Based on that logic most air forces should stop aerobatics because of the inherent risk that it carries. Yet most go on in spite similar tragedies. On that logic PAF should also cut down on combat pilot training because there's a risk of an accident at such high speed and altitude. Noman Akram was PAF's cream of the crop so there was no "showboating" going on. Every maneuver is carefully calibrated and planned. We still do not know what happened. But everyone on PDF is either a military expert or appears to have foresight of everything even before the details are out..this is apparent from the ludicrous comments on "no lessons learnt". Every thread goes into hundreds of pages but there are only a small proportion of comments or insights worth reading. The army aviation aircraft that crashed last year has absolutely nothing to do with today's tragedy. Strange you are even comparing the two as if the aviation pilots were performing aerobatics that day.

What happened today was a tragedy that is hard to express. Its the sort of news you do not want to hear. We lost a crucial aircraft but that loss will be made up in due course. The loss of our best pilot will be hard to fill. Stopping F-16 aerobatics after this accident because we are too afraid of losing an aircraft only reflects fear and lack of confidence in your pilots, technicians and equipment.

I am so sad for the lost of brave pilot.. We can buy a new jet but we will never get back our brave pilot again

It looks like he miscalculated the altitude and speed. He was too speedy with minimum altitude. No altitude to recover at such high speed.

I knew you'd talk about the hawks but if you could just read my post again i specifically talked about national day flypasts.

To be honest,the airforce needs to stop putting the lives of it's pilots in danger by unnecessary airshows.
Peace
But then again, the Mirage wasn't lost on their national day flypast....it failed to come out of a loop during airforce day aerobatics over a base.
But yes i agree, a simple flypast is sufficient for Pakistan day parade.

this soul had to depart, time is the deciding factor, انا لله وانا اليه راجعون we will have discussions for a long since pages have been consumed so far, our men matter to us and we owe them big for their services, we salute.

he will be remembered forever like others that we always remember. to this prominent and humble soul and those heroes, our sons we do not forget them who stay alert for the safety of this holy land and its people.

Based on that logic most air forces should stop aerobatics because of the inherent risk that it carries. Yet most go on in spite similar tragedies. On that logic PAF should also cut down on combat pilot training because there's a risk of an accident at such high speed and altitude. Noman Akram was PAF's cream of the crop so there was no "showboating" going on. Every maneuver is carefully calibrated and planned. We still do not know what happened. But everyone on PDF is either a military expert or appears to have foresight of everything even before the details are out..this is apparent from the ludicrous comments on "no lessons learnt". Every thread goes into hundreds of pages but there are only a small proportion of comments or insights worth reading. The army aviation aircraft that crashed last year has absolutely nothing to do with today's tragedy. Strange you are even comparing the two as if the aviation pilots were performing aerobatics that day.

What happened today was a tragedy that is hard to express. Its the sort of news you do not want to hear. We lost a crucial aircraft but that loss will be made up in due course. The loss of our best pilot will be hard to fill. Stopping F-16 aerobatics after this accident because we are too afraid of losing an aircraft only reflects fear and lack of confidence in your pilots, technicians and equipment.

Well said.

A piece of somewhat better news is that the body has been recovered intact Alhamdullilah.

The aircraft didn't hit in a complete nose dive. It was a belly hit.

Janaza of Wg. Cmdr Nauman Akram is to be held at AHQ, Islamabad at Maghrib.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom