What's new

Nowruz: Iranian New Year

Happy New Year my Iranian friends!
Commander-in-Chief greets and rants about nukes on Nowruz!

Last edited by a moderator:
@somebozo All this time I thought you're a religious extremist! Now it turns out that you're an Atheist (apparently!) Very interesting! :coffee:

Please let us know more about Atheism is Saudi Arabia!

Thank you!

@somebozo All this time I thought you're a religious extremist! Now it turns out that you're an Atheist (apparently!) Very interesting! :coffee:

Please let us know more about Atheism is Saudi Arabia!

Thank you!

bozo is a weird character

he used to be a huge wahabi, then did a 180 and became an atheist. From time to time he switches between the two. He also went on a massive anti-arab crusade for a while. Before that he was really in their pocket. In general he's super bipolar. I don't even know what his deal is lol

he used to be a huge wahabi, then did a 180 and became an atheist. From time to time he switches between the two. He also went on a massive anti-arab crusade for a while. Before that he was really in their pocket. In general he's super bipolar. I don't even know what his deal is lol

LOL @Abii

How you doing in Siberia bro?

Now ruz, In Urdu I think means:

Naya rohz.

Matlab New continuation.

In Pakistan rohz means every day.

Not sure about Now, but I think it means new, which in Urdu would be Naya.

So in my Pakistani mind Nowruz means new continuation.

Wow, He has a very interesting character! :D
Anti-Arab? Why, I thought he is an Arab himself?! :unsure:

LOL @Abii

How you doing in Siberia bro?

Now ruz, In Urdu I think means:

Naya rohz.

Matlab New continuation.

In Pakistan rohz means every day.

Not sure about Now, but I think it means new, which in Urdu would be Naya.

So in my Pakistani mind Nowruz means new continuation.

Man I'm freezing my tits off in Edmonton

Sunday was my first day and went to -17 and that's without the windchill. With windchill it was well in the -20's. It wouldn't be bad if my job wasn't outside, but having to work 12 hours in this weather is an experience you don't want to know about first hand. Anyway, first day on the job I get a mild frostbite in my left index finger. It's still completely numb. Boys at work say it's gonna take at least a month for the dead tissue to be recycled. It's such a weird feeling cuz it feels like the tip of my finger is dead.

Money is good though, and it'll even get better in the next 6-12 months. We also work a lot of hours so that adds up. Tonight we hustled and managed to finish early, but we're still billing for 12 hours lol. Some of the guys that have 2 years experience are making 100K every 6 months!! Lots of money to be made in the oil and gas industry up here in Alberta.

edit: I'm doing non destructive testing btw

and norouz means "new day."

no=new (pronounced "nough")
rouz=day

Wow, He has a very interesting character! :D
Anti-Arab? Why, I thought he is an Arab himself?! :unsure:

no he's from Pakistan.

Nowroze Mubarak!

I love this much-needed midweek holiday that Nowroze brings. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom