What's new

One in four Americans 'doesn't know the Earth orbits the Sun' and only half believe in evolution

As per you England and Europe were scientifically and technologically advanced even before they landed in India, and you were going to write in detail about that. I am still waiting to get enlightened by you.

As per you England and Europe were scientifically and technologically advanced even before they landed in India, and you were going to write in detail about that. I am still waiting to get enlightened by you.
46788269.jpg

:D

LOL. It does not work that way. Being a Dalit was not all that bad in India. Just some parts they were marginalized, not enslaved mind you. Most of the time they lived in forests or where just floating population. No one tells them they have to "obey" upper caste.

The caste system was designed such that no group would appropriate all means of power.

Top most was Brahmin -- they had authority over religious scriptures and could work as teachers, priests, advisors. They were not to accumulate wealth or own land or own weapon. Only knowledge. Brahmins were meant to live off food given by general people like monks. Their survival depended on the goodwill of the people.

Second in line were Kshatriyas (warriors/administrators/rulers) --- They could wield weapon and administor but were not to own land or be the authority on knowledge. They were to seek advise from the Brahmins and never hurt a civilian. They lived off a salary paid by taxes.

Third were the Vaishnavas (traders) -- They had access to wealth but not weapons or knowledge.

Fourth were the Shudras (farmers, artisans, skilled workers) -- They owned land, did agriculture and all other assorted skilled works. Were guaranteed protection by the Kshatriyas.

Outside the caste system come the Dalits or non permanent population of a town, tribals, forest dwellers: Small traders or skilled workers. Free as a bird without any obligations to anyone. Could work or just wander about. They had their own villages, their own land whatever but outside the main societal structure.

@Joe Shearer

Last edited:
@Joe Shearer I think this post will give you a heart attack. :rofl: Caution advised before you read it. :D

I am a heart patient. Officially, as of the 23rd of November.

Do not do this again, please. Ever. @Hermione is beyond belief. She claims to be dalit. I doubt it strongly. This is typical Brahminical apology.

-5! You're doing good! :laugh:

As for the meme, you can do it yourself here.:-)
Meme Generator | Homepage

All given by Mock Turtles who have masterd a variety of unusual subjects, including Reeling and Writing, as well as Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.

Do not do this again, please. Ever. @Hermione is beyond belief. She claims to be dalit. I doubt it strongly. This is typical Brahminical apology.

Yeah yeah yeah everyone who does not agree to your view point are Brahminical apologists.

The more I have read of @Joe Shearer's arguments the more convinced I am that he is a sepoy of the West working in tandem with Breaking India forces.

If he raises his rantings against the evil Brahmins a decibel higher he may have a seat in Berkeley reserved for him.

Last edited:
@Joe Shearer I think this post will give you a heart attack. :rofl: Caution advised before you read it. :D

As attested by @Indischer our resident left-liberal even his family apart from refusing to eat with the Dalits or eat with the Dalits in the room, never did any harm to the Dalits.

Now while he may consider that a big insult to the Dalits, I doubt if it really mattered to the Dalits. I mean it is not like watching Brahmins eat is something one is dying for. Yet he carries the cross of having wronged the Dalits because of these eccentricities on the part of his family.

Last edited:
As attested by @Indischer our resident left-liberal even his family apart from refusing to eat with the Dalits or eat with the Dalits in the room, never did any harm to the Dalits.

Now while he may consider that a big insult to the Dalits, I doubt if it really mattered to the Dalits. I mean it is not like watching Brahmins eat is someone one is dying for. Yet he carries the cross of having wronged the Dalits because of these eccentricities on the part of his family.

The Dalits in our area are, to be frank, accustomed to this norm. But I feel very upset whenever they apologize to me if we come in contact, accidentally or otherwise. There is this guy who works in our farm and plantations. He runs away whenever I playfully threaten to touch him! :cry:

The Dalits in our area are, to be frank, accustomed to this norm. But I feel very upset whenever they apologize to me if we come in contact, accidentally or otherwise. There is this guy who works in our farm and plantations. He runs away whenever I playfully threaten to touch him! :cry:

Maybe he considers you an untouchable. It is nothing really and you should not beat yourself about it. We do that everywhere, if we accidentally brush against a stranger or a person senior to us, we do say sorry. It is common courtesy. If you guys were living in the same house, say next time ask him to do something for you, like massage or press your legs or something. I doubt he would refuse.

The same guy if he is taking a bus which is very crowded wont mind being in that press of people and wont be thinking if there is a higher caste around who he will pollute by his touch.

What we have is a culture of politeness and courtesy and humbleness. Cherish it and value it. The other alternative leads to haughtiness and arrogance.

Maybe he considers you an untouchable. It is nothing really and you should not beat yourself about it. We do that everywhere, if we accidentally brush against a stranger or a person senior to us, we do say sorry. It is common courtesy. If you guys were living in the same house, say next time ask him to do something for you, like massage or press your legs or something. I doubt he would refuse.

The same guy if he is taking a bus which is very crowded wont mind being in that press of people and wont be thinking if there is a higher caste around who he will pollute by his touch.

Even I apologize if I've accidentally brushed against someone. But they're literally mortified that I've touched them. And they take utmost care not to come in any sort of contact. And we're good friends and have known each other since I was a little kid.

Even I apologize if I've accidentally brushed against someone. But they're literally mortified that I've touched them. And they take utmost care not to come in any sort of contact. And we're good friends and have known each other since I was a little kid.

It is nothing to do with you being a Brahmin but rather him being poor and you being rich. Were circumstances to change, let us say he struck a pot of gold somewhere, the behavior will change. Not that he will become arrogant but he will feel more comfortable being on an equal footing.

My dad is a contractor and in general we were speaking about the people of Karnataka and Maharashtra. He told me Maharashtrians are so so very humble, the common poor folk he meant. Once at his work site, a dab of paint fell on his shoes and one of the workers got to cleaning it up. For all my father's refusal and asking him to let go, the man would not. He kept on cleaning the shoe, aare nahi saab kharab hojayega shoe. Now did he ask my father his caste? Or did it even matter there?

All given by Mock Turtles who have masterd a variety of unusual subjects, including Reeling and Writing, as well as Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.

Yeah yeah yeah everyone who does not agree to your view point are Brahminical apologists.

The more I have read of @Joe Shearer's arguments the more convinced I am that he is a sepoy of the West working in tandem with Breaking India forces.

If he raises his rantings against the evil Brahmins a decibel higher he may have a seat in Berkeley reserved for him.

Frankly, I don't believe you any longer.

Respect went a long time ago. Now it is your basic facts that I doubt.

It is nothing to do with you being a Brahmin but rather him being poor and you being rich. Were circumstances to change, let us say he struck a pot of gold somewhere, the behavior will change. Not that he will become arrogant but he will feel more comfortable being on an equal footing.

It may be partially true. Money is also a differentiator. But you know what, OUR position will not change with their financial position. There's no discrimination between a rich dalit and a poor dalit, but against EVERY dalit. They aren't to be touched, they aren't to be entertained beyond the first room of the house, and they obviously cannot dine with us.

I know that my personal experiences aren't some standard to measure Brahmins and their influences everywhere. But I'm not lying when I say that I didn't take my friends to our ancestral home in the fear that they may get insulted if anyone asked them their caste and proceeded to tell them where all they aren't allowed in the House. No economics here at least.

Sorry I will edit my post, I meant no offense.

Back
Top Bottom