What's new

One in four Americans 'doesn't know the Earth orbits the Sun' and only half believe in evolution

I give up..u just absolutely haven't read anything about renaissance,the printing press or the scientific revolution.These along with demise of feudalism led to foundations of europe's greatness that lasted 3 centuries and gave it hegemony over the planet.it ended with world wars and rise of worlwide nationalism.These are well known facts,if u have limited knowledge its not my fault.Go and make a search in google about the comparative strength of the artillery of the subcontinent and the ships.IF tech was so good why were tiny portugese laughing at mughals from goa.Why every ruler had europenas in charge of their artillery.U have made some pre-concieved notions and i feel its increasingly impossible to make u see anything else than what u want to believe.Ur no better than a religious fanatic.Replace god with nation.

India was a war torn subcontinent by then with its universities and cities burnt and destroyed. Europeans before coming to India were not technologically or scientifically superior to India. That was the bone of contention. What they did after they came in India and how much knowledge they gathered by traveling across India or how they ingratiated themselves to the various kingdoms is a different thing. They came in 1500s. If their ships and artillery were so superior then apart from small areas like Goa and Daman or Mangalore they got no foothold in the entire coastal region of India. How do you explain that? Even East India Company which landed in the first decade of 1600 took until 1757 to start ruling a part of India. A good 150 years later.

It is your theories of technologically superior Europe marching and overtaking primitive India in one fell swoop which reads like comic book stories of martian invasion of Earth.

India was a war torn subcontinent by then with its universities and cities burnt and destroyed. Europeans before coming to India were not technologically or scientifically superior to India. That was the bone of contention. What they did after they came in India and how much knowledge they gathered by traveling across India or how they ingratiated themselves to the various kingdoms is a different thing. They came in 1500s. If their ships and artillery were so superior then apart from small areas like Goa and Daman or Mangalore they got no foothold in the entire coastal region of India. How do you explain that? Even East India Company which landed in the first decade of 1600 took until 1757 to start ruling a part of India. A good 150 years later.

It is your theories of technologically superior Europe marching and overtaking primitive India in one fell swoop which reads like comic book stories of martian invasion of Earth.

I never said one fell swoop,i asked u to read about renaissance,scientific revolution and printing press impact.But u ignored all of it and again went back to ur normal routine rant.

I never said one fell swoop,i asked u to read about renaissance,scientific revolution and printing press impact.But u ignored all of it and again went back to ur normal routine rant.

I did not ignore anything. Renaissance or Europe's quest for knowledge after that period is well known. It is your blind assertion that Europe became the prodigious continent without input from India anywhere else that reads like blind worship.

Also your original assertion was India never gave the world anything but zero.

I did not ignore anything. Renaissance or Europe's quest for knowledge after that period is well known. It is your blind assertion that Europe became the prodigious continent without input from India anywhere else that reads like blind worship.

Also your original assertion was India never gave the world anything but zero.

Nope,i never said that.I said 'before' the 17th century our 'primary' contribution was zero.Which is no doubt one of the most imp discoveries in human history,but u went too far and then started ur ridiculous claims about landing and 'learning' from us.I replied not because of worship as u claim,but because one should posses a minimal amount of self-respect and ur uninformed rants deriding legitimate achievements of others only makes our country look bad in an intl forum.And u persist with it continously deriding everyone else making it worse.

Nope,i never said that.I said 'before' the 17th century our 'primary' contribution was zero.Which is no doubt one of the most imp discoveries in human history,but u went too far and then started ur ridiculous claims about landing and 'learning' from us.I replied not because of worship as u claim,but because one should posses a minimal amount of self-respect and ur uninformed rants deriding legitimate achievements of others only makes our country look bad in an intl forum.And u persist with it continously deriding everyone else making it worse.

Our contribution the zero numerical system was transmitted via arabic traders to europe a millanium ago,thats the only 'knowledge system' that was taken.Albeit a very vital one,but they didn't drop ship here on 17th century,stole knowledge and learnt science.

They dropped anchor here in 16th century and not 17th century. I doubt you possessing any self-respect at all considering you think after inventing zero India sat still until 17th century and did nothing and no one learnt anything from us. This points to an acute lack of self worth. Your entire locus of control is external, too worried what Westerners will think of you.

Last edited:
here is one more.......:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

1 in 10 Americans believe HTML is a sex disease: Study

LOS ANGELES: One in 10 Americans believe that HTML is a sexually transmitted disease, while 23% think an MP3 is a 'Star Wars' robot, according to a new study.

In a study of 2,392 American men and women, all of whom were 18 years of age or older, 11% said that HyperText Markup Language (HTML) — a language that is used to create websites — is an STD. Also, 15% said "software" is a comfortable type of clothing and 12% said 'USB' is the acronym for a European country.

Around 77% of respondents could not identify what SEO means. SEO stands for 'Search-Engine Optimisation'. The study said 27% of respondents said "gigabyte" was a South American insect, 'Los Angeles Times' reported.

A gigabyte is a measurement unit for the storage capacity of an electronic device. The study conducted by Vouchercloud .net, a coupons website, found that 23% of Americans thought an MP3, which is an audio file, was a " Star Wars" robot. Also, 42% said they believed a "motherboard" was "the deck of a cruise ship."

1 in 10 Americans believe HTML is a sex disease: Study - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom