What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

It says there on the menu - pork pepperoni.

Change city to Hyderabad and pork is missing.

Well sir,

As vsdoc pointed out, any food joint in india which has a beef/pork ingredient in its product when sold abroad, offer the same product in india by always replacing the beef/pork ingredient with mutton/chicken. This is true for Macdonalds, Pizza Hut, Dominoes. A tiny smearing of beef/pork fat in a rifle catridge very nearly decimated the Britsh rule in India in 1857, and i am sure these MNC food joints have taken due note of this history.

Well bro, get ready for the surprise of the season..Pizza hut offers Pork Pepperoni toppings in some cities.

Well sir,

As vsdoc pointed out, any food joint in india which has a beef/pork ingredient in its product when sold abroad, offer the same product in india by always replacing the beef/pork ingredient with mutton/chicken. This is true for Macdonalds, Pizza Hut, Dominoes. A tiny smearing of beef/pork fat in a rifle catridge very nearly decimated the Britsh rule in India in 1857, and i am sure these MNC food joints have taken due note of this history.

It says Pork Pepperoni.

Apparently the campaign against them has already started in India:

See Pepperoni Pizza....its written clearly 100% pork

Change city to Hyderabad and pork is missing.

Hyderabad ka hi dharam brasht hota hai pork se? :D

My favorite Pizza place also serves Pork

Papa Johns: Non-Veg Pizzas

Do Indian restaurants even use Halal Zabiha mutton/chicken?

It says Pork Pepperoni.

Apparently the campaign against them has already started in India:

See Pepperoni Pizza....its written clearly 100% pork

Hyderabad ka hi dharam brasht hota hai pork se? :D

My favorite Pizza place also serves Pork

Papa Johns: Non-Veg Pizzas

I dont think so.Mutton perhaps is Halal because most butchers are Muslims,but in villages Mutton is mostly Jhatka.

Mani Shankar Aiyar was a student in cambridge/oxford in 1962 and so heavily influenced by Communism that he took active part in rallies orgainsed by local comunist groups in London, in support of Communist China in its then ongoing 1962 border clash with India.

Mani Shankar Aiyar is a washed up guy and a slave of the Gandhi family for having made him an IFS/Minister etc etc and for all his mouth shooting, he cant even speak in Tamizh to win elections from his constituency.

Him,Shashi Tharoor belong to the extraordinary league of Stephenian, weak *** verbose Dalaals who cant save their skin on the street with their bullshit talk.

you know if Indians living in India weren't so damn conservative i bet the poverty and hunger rates would decline theres plenty of cows in India but of course noone will eat them which pisses me off thats like having a table full of food but not eating it....

So Sharad Pawar wasting PDS food grains in rat infested godowns is not responsible for poverty but a choice of diet is,wow.

Thats quite a first.

I dont think so.Mutton perhaps is Halal because most butchers are Muslims,but in villages Mutton is mostly Jhatka.

Jhatka requires more technology than Halal. Considering you need to stun the animal before doing so.

In Islam, the stunning alone makes an animal non halal as it involved hitting the animal with a bolt gun type thing that cracks the animals skull open, rendering it with some brain damage.

Reminds me of a quote by Anthony Bourdain.

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It’s healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I’ve worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold. Oh, I’ll accommodate them, I’ll rummage around for something to feed them, for a ‘vegetarian plate’, if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.”

I dont know about AB here but my nine two year old vegetarian grandfather can still wake up at 4 o clock,walk to the river and take a holy dip in the cold waters of the river.

AB,

Come to India,we ll make your taste buds come alive.what an excuse of a human being?

Hyderabad ka hi dharam brasht hota hai pork se?

Add also Lucknow to the list.There may be more. I think it also depends on the clientele. Cochin has a lot of foreign tourists staying and visiting there.

Not sure. In my place (Kerala) both burcheries and restaurants are run by people of all religions. So not sure who is serving what. I remember eating in a famous dhaba near my home, when a group of North Indian Muslims came in and asked whether the meat served here is Halal for which the dhabba owner said "Don't know" and they stormed out.

So Sharad Pawar wasting PDS food grains in rat infested godowns is not responsible for poverty but a choice of diet is,wow.

Thats quite a first.

:tup::tup:

Sharad Power should be arrested for this.

Thats quite a first.

I do understand the Sharad wasting food grains which could be distributed to poor can alleviate some of the poverty. But care to explain how PunjabiSidhu is wrong about the choice of diet?

AB,

Come to India,we ll make your taste buds come alive.what an excuse of a human being?

To tell you the truth, you have to try the Pakistani variants of all the sabzi foods.

For example, compare Indian Saagh with Pakistani Saagh or ****** or mixed sabzi, heck even daal chawal.

The only South Indian dish I can consume is Masala Dosa with Coconut Chutney.

To tell you the truth, you have to try the Pakistani variants of all the sabzi foods.

For example, compare Indian Saagh with Pakistani Saagh or ****** or mixed sabzi, heck even daal chawal.

Why dont u spend a "little" time on controlling the troll fest in agni thread.

This debate can continue, we have plenty of time.

Please.:D

This means eating in India is as cumbersome as eating in any western country. You can understand why the local population would protest.

Why dont u spend a "little" time on controlling the troll fest in agni thread.

This debate can continue, we have plenty of time.

Please.:D

lol... This is new...

Yeah cause as I the other gentleman pointed out, none of the major fast food chains go near beef.

Well Asim, I cannot generalise that..
What I can say is any business majorly cater to its business interests than pseudo nationalistic jingoism...

In some areas of Ghatkopar in Mumbai Mcdonalds did not have a single non veg item in the menu..
My firend who is a Gujarati Jain lives there and the area around it is dominated by Gujaratis/Jains

Come to Bngal or Kolkata !!!!
There is no dearth of meat..
You can get beef here more easily than other major Indian metros..
I have not tasted beef here but genmirajborgza can confirm to that..

It is very wrong to identify India with one thought or culture..
Same with Hinduism..
That is why tolerance, mutual respect and inclusiveness is so imprtant

Also I as a Hindu can hate rat temples or urine drinking as some Pakistani members mentioned

But be sure I won;t laugh at someone who practises it. I might keep my feeling in check

I have my own version of Hinduism , you have yours..
But we will respect each others sentiment..
live and let live

In some areas of Ghatkopar in Mumbai Mcdonalds did not have a single non veg item in the menu..

Well sir Macdonalds have opened exclusively vegetarian outlets in many parts of the country, and the ghatkopar joint is one such joint.Most Gujarati/North Indian Vaishnavs and Jains strictly avoid eating at any place that serves any non veg alongside veg.

And just for information of vegetarians, most hotels/dhabas that serve both veg and non veg use the same tandoor for tandoori chicken etc and tandoori roti. Personally verified.

We are seeing a trend here, the wives seem to be the main source of vegetarianism and keeping the men away from their manly rights to chew down a nice juicy steak.

LOL.
I can't pass the buck here. I've been vegetarian for twenty-five years before I got married.

Mani Shankar Aiyar was a student in cambridge/oxford in 1962 and so heavily influenced by Communism that he took active part in rallies orgainsed by local comunist groups in London, in support of Communist China in its then ongoing 1962 border clash with India.

His manners remain superior.

There are many world-wide who believe that India was grossly in the wrong in this dispute; that is quite independent of any Communist persuasion.

Incidentally, have you any knowledge about the issue, or is it a question of "My country, right or wrong"?

Sir,

You have missed the intent of my words. At one place he says that the cow is not worshipped which is another way of saying the cow is not a god, and at another place he says the cow is a god.

Yes, you are right. I misread it wholly.

My apologies.

I do understand the Sharad wasting food grains which could be distributed to poor can alleviate some of the poverty. But care to explain how PunjabiSidhu is wrong about the choice of diet?

He is saying that the choice of diet is causing hunger,is it so?

I dont think so.

I eat Pakistani food regularly here,both Pathan and Punjabi.I find no difference.

It is all the same for me,it is not a matter of veg,non veg.

North Indian Cuisine and Pakistani Punjabi cuisine are largely same,except for the presence or absence of meat.

There is so much good South Indian food,i would love to host you back home in Kanyakumari.

I love south Indian food man.

Rice plate with rice balls swimming deep in sambar and rassam, with the traditional dry sabzi, papad, and dahi, with mor mirkoi - nice! Best plate had in Vellore.

Andhra is nice too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom