What's new

Otokar reveils several new products (Incl 30ton IFV)

What was the coast guard vessel based on?

Turkey does create products via transfer of technology, but that is to solidify the foundations of know-how and move on from there. In my opinion, Turkey has a good strategy in this regard.

When it comes to basing new developments to existing products in the military industry, this happens everywhere. It shouldn't be considered a surprise if a particular product is based on an already existing product. And I definitely wouldn't be surprised if a new product ends up looking like an existent product.
Compare SAR project OPV to
Sirio class, previously known as Nuove Unità Pattugliatori d'Altura (NUPA): OPV

NUPA is a half sister of NUMC a.k.a. Commandante Fulgosi class
Further development of that is Mosaic family of modular combat ships.

Please take note that I've neither said nor suggested that basing on a foreign design is a BAD thing.....

Dude, It is clearly reported by Otokar that Tulpar is the result of Altay Design/Development engineering activities. Both have lots of similar subsystems in chassis but If you pay attention, The distance among 7 wheels of Tulpar are more narrow than Altay. It makes Tulpar looks smaller than Altay chassis.

Quite! It makes good sense for a heavier ICV to either use an MBT chassis or components of the MBT (since it would be accompanying those MBT: eases the logistics load).

Only the Design again ,T-155 is very different from K-9 Thunder and T-129 is very different from A-129.

In T-129 you can change the Role from Pilot to Gunner and from Gunner to Pilot.

T-129 has many different systems and technology from A-129.

Same for T-155 & K-9 Thunder.

Where exactly did I say they were IDENTICAL? Why so offended by the idea that one thing might be based on another?

Where exactly did I say they were IDENTICAL? Why so offended by the idea that one thing might be based on another?

Sry ,but here are many Trolls who will say always that Turkey makes License Production and not their Own.

Namer is a beefed up tank hull that has 20-30 tons over Tulpar. “The weight saved by eliminating the turret was ‘reinvested’ in beefing up the armor... ". I think it provides greater protection levels, if at the cost of size and weight and speed. Given how big it is, it may not be suited for all scenario's.

Back
Top Bottom