What's new

Our friendship with Bangladesh

Is Our Friendship with Bangladesh justified at all?

• Total voters
On a serius Note.

they are part of the OIC which is going through some heavy reforms.

they have some problems with india in regards to land and have a LOT of gorrilla activitys in eastern india. they as a nation believe its their land and are migrating in their masses.

the indians are stopping them using a fence. which the bangladeshi forces try their best to sabotage by shooting at their engineers.

china is a big player in the future for all nations. and ALL nations have a interest with china.

bangladesh is already regarded as a muslim nation by the world and the WORLD is older then you who i am estimating are <15. and if older then your mind is that of <15.

we all understand what propoganda victory raw achaieved against us in 71 in the east.

and NO they are not indian allys&#33;

From Allama Iqbal&#39;s Baang-e-Dara

Lab pe aati hai dua banke tamanna meri
Zindagi shamma ki surat ho khuda ya meri

Dur duniya ke mere dam se andhera ho jaaye
Har jagha merey chamakne se ojala ho jaye

Ho mere dum se yun hi mere watan ki zeenat
Jis tarah phool se hoti hai chaman ki zeenat

Zindagi ho meri parwaane ki surat ya rab
Ilm ki shamma se ho mujhko mohabbat ya rab

Ho mera kaam garibon ki himaayat karna
Dard mando se zaeefon se mohabbat karna

Mere allah buraayee se bachchana mujko
nek jo raah ho uss reh pe chalaana mujko

Not so perfect translation:

On my lips, appears my heart&#39;s cry as a prayer
like a candle, may I shine, my lord&#33;

May I help undo the darkness in the world
and may the light within me brighten every place

May I bring dignity to my country
Just as a flower brings beauty to the garden

May I be in my life, like a night-moth, my lord&#33;
and revolve in love around the candle of knowledge

May I be dedicated to helping the poor
and may I love the sick and the old

Please, Allah&#33; protect me from all evil
and guide my steps on the Right Path (SIRATAL-MUSTAQIM).

http://www.cybermurid.com/ubbthreads/showf...sb=8&o=&fpart=1

I is reffering to Pakistan. not I as in ME&#33;&#33;

but you wont know signifcence of this because:

A) your not a Pakistani&#33;

B.) if you are a Pakistani by blood then you are not a Pakistani&#33;

C) i doubt that your a muslim judging by your stupid and insane comments.

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 5 2005, 09:42 PM
I is reffering to Pakistan. not I as in ME&#33;&#33;
but you wont know signifcence of this because:

A) your not a Pakistani&#33;

B.) if you are a Pakistani by blood then you are not a Pakistani&#33;

C) i doubt that your a muslim judging by your stupid and insane comments.
[post=2323]Quoted post[/post]​
Yeh hindu-muslim sirf bolne ke liye hota hay. it&#39;s all bloody politics. people want to hang onto power, so they use reasons like religion, langauge, culture bla bla.

In the end of the day, the politicians will change their colors just to hold onto power, and it will be people who suffer. always&#33;

Proof? Congress party wanted power, so it started freedom from british in the name of culture. Muslim league wanted power so it started movement under reliigon. Then Mujabir Rehman (founder of bangladesh) wanted power so he started movement in the name of language.

What was the end result? These politicians divided people. We people lost our family members, while these politicians got power, became corrupt and earned a lot of money.

Life is sad. The quality of leadership in sub continent is very bad. Japan was nuked in 1945. We became free in 1947. Now see where Japan has reached in 60 years. And look at the level we folks are at. We are developing, while Japan is one of the most hi tech countries in the world.

Look at the level of Germany today. All German cities where seiged by the Red Army in the WWII. Totally destroyed urban and rural areas in Germany. Country divided into east and west germany. Reunited in 1989. Stuck in the middle of coldwar. Yet they are so much developed.

What we do is blame each other, while we should all blame our govt and leaderships for not developing us even after 60 years.

I&#39;m getting pissed, I&#39;ll end this post now.

Originally posted by Srirangan@Nov 5 2005, 06:00 PM
Yeh hindu-muslim sirf bolne ke liye hota hay. it&#39;s all bloody politics. people want to hang onto power, so they use reasons like religion, langauge, culture bla bla.

In the end of the day, the politicians will change their colors just to hold onto power, and it will be people who suffer. always&#33;

Proof? Congress party wanted power, so it started freedom from british in the name of culture. Muslim league wanted power so it started movement under reliigon. Then Mujabir Rehman (founder of bangladesh) wanted power so he started movement in the name of language.

What was the end result? These politicians divided people. We people lost our family members, while these politicians got power, became corrupt and earned a lot of money.

Life is sad. The quality of leadership in sub continent is very bad. Japan was nuked in 1945. We became free in 1947. Now see where Japan has reached in 60 years. And look at the level we folks are at. We are developing, while Japan is one of the most hi tech countries in the world.

Look at the level of Germany today. All German cities where seiged by the Red Army in the WWII. Totally destroyed urban and rural areas in Germany. Country divided into east and west germany. Reunited in 1989. Stuck in the middle of coldwar. Yet they are so much developed.

What we do is blame each other, while we should all blame our govt and leaderships for not developing us even after 60 years.

I&#39;m getting pissed, I&#39;ll end this post now. 
[post=2330]Quoted post[/post]​
exactly.

and the scary thing is that Democracy rellies on this greed of the politician to change to the will of the people.

You know, we should forget all the non-sense and find ways to be united for our own sake...

Originally posted by Hawk@Nov 9 2005, 02:04 AM
You know, we should forget all the non-sense and find ways to be united for our own sake...
[post=2548]Quoted post[/post]​

Unition wouldn&#39;t work however, strong ties for military developments and as well as free trade will sure be best for both countries. Even if we are united we will be doing the same thing. Strong military ties and Trade. It would be almost the same thing wouldn&#39;t it?

>>Unition wouldn&#39;t work <<

YOu took the words literaly. I didn&#39;t mean united as United States. I said we should co oparate in areas such as economy, military, science and technology etc.

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 9 2005, 02:53 AM
Unition wouldn&#39;t work however, strong ties for military developments and as well as free trade will sure be best for both countries. Even if we are united we will be doing the same thing. Strong military ties and Trade. It would be almost the same thing wouldn&#39;t it?
[post=2551]Quoted post[/post]​
ok

elaborate.

explain how it wont work.

Originally posted by Hawk@Nov 9 2005, 11:00 PM
>>Unition wouldn&#39;t work <<

YOu took the words literaly. I didn&#39;t mean united as United States. I said we should co oparate in areas such as economy, military, science and technology etc.
[post=2612]Quoted post[/post]​
who would want to attack a nation which controls

all of the worlds major shipping lanes.

most of the worlds oil

most of the worlds gas

has the largest army in the word.

has the largest population on earth

has the most mony on earth

controls all of other nations economys in a multitude of ways (oil prices, gas prices, imports exports)

controls 80% of the worlds shipping.&#33;

has nueclear weopens.

has a robhust weopens industry

has a multitude of missiles

has all its people as one.

and what benefits will this nation have?

and who doesnt want this to happen??

why if it isnt the guys who loot induvidual states whome know their *** would be obliterated under the enw system&#33;

we are one... but the people we pay in return for our geneorus respect rape us.

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 9 2005, 11:35 PM
ok

elaborate.

explain how it wont work.
[post=2613]Quoted post[/post]​

Well why? Because..

1) Most of the Bangladeshi dont like us. If we unite we will be trouble inside our country. We can&#39;t handle the Mullahs how are we going to handle those who will curse our country? I can&#39;t tolerate it. Whoever says it gets a punch on his face.

2) Unification is no needed, because i we have strong military and economy ties we will be getting same benefits. We will have two markets, each market working for another, no tarrifs, no tax, no restrictions, we can get almost anything same as we would get during unification.

About Military Ties.
If we are united what will be the advantage? They will go on a war with us, thats whats the only advantage is right? If we have strong military relations its even better. When two economies will work together for one economy GDP will be increased thus more budget for the military, first goal will be to neutralize Indian threat of naval pressures, with two strong related countries will work together. Navy will increase significantly thus more trade between both countries, and strong foriegn policy.

Now you tell me what will be the things we will not have avaliable if we dont get united. It mostly will depend on the relations in different fields for both countries. Strong relations will create successfull ties (economic, military, foriegn)

Well why? Because..

1) Most of the Bangladeshi dont like us. If we unite we will be trouble inside our country. We can&#39;t handle the Mullahs how are we going to handle those who will curse our country? I can&#39;t tolerate it. Whoever says it gets a punch on his face.
as a matter of fact the majority population is PRO unification&#33; it is not even minoritys just a few loners who get their arse serviced by the raw who are anti unification

2) Unification is no needed, because i we have strong military and economy ties we will be getting same benefits. We will have two markets, each market working for another, no tarrifs, no tax, no restrictions, we can get almost anything same as we would get during unification.
your right but still wrong. two goverments will become harder to manage and a united policy will be harder to attain. there will be difrent laws in two countrys and a new leadership can EASILY destroy the pact because it is possible for the people who get serviced by raw to attain power...

About Military Ties.
If we are united what will be the advantage? They will go on a war with us, thats whats the only advantage is right? If we have strong military relations its even better. When two economies will work together for one economy GDP will be increased thus more budget for the military, first goal will be to neutralize Indian threat of naval pressures, with two strong related countries will work together. Navy will increase significantly thus more trade between both countries, and strong foriegn policy.
there will be less budget for the militry because a lot of it will be wasted in the ineficient 2 gov system...each gov will take its own mony&#33;&#33;&#33; thus reducing the efficieny of spending te tax payers mony.

Now you tell me what will be the things we will not have avaliable if we dont get united. It mostly will depend on the relations in different fields for both countries. Strong relations will create successfull ties (economic, military, foriegn)
we wont have one rule...we wont have one militry they will be like UK and USA but wont be one..there is a KEY difrence beween one and UK USA...if United states was a little difrent and each state had its own militry government etc etc and was only binded with other states via a pact would USA militry power be as good as it is today? what about their economy??? lets look at europe for example&#33;

First of all this isnt the golden days of our eceonomy you should have seen our growth in the 60&#39;s. Secondly we werent backstabbed by bangladesh..We treated them like second class citizens... When someone in bangladesh won the election bhutto didnt step down and then they started rioting..Then the army raped their women for 9 painful months until we lost half our country and half our pride...

We still have not apolagized to bangladesh for the events that took place during the 71 war and i feel relation wont inprove much until we publically apolagize to them

I am a proud pakistani who is very loyal and i feel ashamed of those fellow pakistanis who comitted those war crimes during the 71 war

-isa

Originally posted by Imran@Oct 29 2005, 09:09 PM
I think the title tells everything. So friends what&#39;s your opinion.

( mod pls don&#39;t regard it as for flaming bait, I want to have it for a clear discussion)
[post=1660]Quoted post[/post]​

Interresting issue&#33;
In my opinion we should not live in the past but focus on the future. There&#39;s much to gain from a good and warm relationship.

First of all, East pakistan should never have been a part of Pakistan but should have been given a souvereign status right from the biginning.
Unfortunately, the British didn&#39;t allow that, it was either join Pakistan or remain part of India. No place for a third country.
The only thing we had in common is the religion, thefore it could aswell be &#39;a part of much richer Kuwait&#39; as Mujeeb quoted once. And he had a point&#33;
East Pakistan was more densly populated than the west wing, but much poorer and to some extent neglected by Islamabad as largerst part of development took place in West Pakistan during the first two decades angering local political parties.

But we&#39;re in a different era and century now, its time to forget the past that we can&#39;t change anyway.
Its in our national interest to have good relationship and a possible military alliance in future with Banglasesh to curb growing Indian military influece in the region.
GoP has a very active policy when it comes to encircling India&#33;

Bangladesh, even poor, is a competitive market for Pakistani goods. Micro economic reforms have contributed to eccelerated growth of the economy lifting their PPP and attracting FDI.
There&#39;s a promising potential in bilateral trade, so we should take advantage of that.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Nov 9 2005, 03:53 AM
Indeed&#33;
Thats all we need, trade and military ties

Firstly I noticed that Yahya was saying that another persons post was not correct because the person was not "muslim". Yahyah the technique that ur using is very old. There are two ways to invalidate a statement. One is to actually judge the merits of the statement. The Second way is to claim that because the person who said it is so and so that their statement must obviousely be false.

I believe discussions will be much more fruitful if we "attack" statements in order to invalidate it rather than "attack" the person to invalidate their statements.

Secondly the person who questions whether our friendship with Bangladesh is justified or not must explain what is the alternative to friendship. Pakistan will benefit economically from peace with India but between the friendship is the Kashmir issue. Pakistan will obviousely benefit from friendship with Bangladesh because of the trade and co-operation that currently exists. If Pakistan were to declare war on Bangladesh Pakistan would lose all the trade and not gain anthing. If Pakistan declares war on India it will also loose trade but at least the remote possiblity of Militarily liberating Kashmir will exist. There is still big losses but there is that one mitigating factor.

What gain is there for Pakistan in war with Bangladesh????? Only the very foolish or the very brave can argue for war with Bangladesh because there is no benefit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom