What's new

Over 1.3 million Tibetan farmers out of poverty in 10 years

When rest of the China is improving then why shouldn't Tibet. And what is so remarkable when rest of the civilized globe is eradicating poverty and improving on food and social security exponentially. Having said that I would still like to be glad on this development and the pictures of happy faces are very nice.

PS: The Chinese attempt to sell that exhibitionism on peaceful liberation of Tibet was clownish and a product to be bought by only minion state diplomats.

Income inequality is a part of any society. Tibet is really hard to develop and each unit of money spent in Tibet could have been put to better use elsewhere. Thankfully, we're China. Maybe if we were another nation, we would just put less effort into developing Tibet.

So you don't believe the actual human skin drums?

LHASA - The population of impoverished farmers in southwest China's Tibet autonomous region was reduced from about 1.48 million in 2001 to 168,000 by the end of 2010.

With the efforts of the central and local governments, over 1.3 million Tibetan farmers, whose annual per capita income was under the poverty line of 1,300 yuan ($205), have overcome poverty, said Cewang Dobgye, head of the region's Aid-the Poor Projects office on Thursday.

Over the past 10 years, an accumulative investment of 3.675 billion yuan was allotted for 4,000 projects designed to meet the needs of locals and alleviate poverty for farmers, he said.

Theses projects include labor skills training, integral moving of the peasant families living in the regions with serious endemic, and improvement of infrastructures.

With the implementation of these poverty-reduction projects, the annual per capital income of farmers in Tibet increased from 1,404 in 2001 to 4,138 in 2010.

"The poverty-reduction projects have accelerated the growth of farmers' incomes and improved the living and working conditions, which all contribute to social stability in the farm regions of Tibet," he said.

In the 2011-2015 period, the regional government will allot over 300 million yuan annually to help 122,000 households of low-income families out of poverty.

Over 1.3 million Tibetan farmers out of poverty in 10 years|Society|chinadaily.com.cn

When you keep the poverty line well be the world level, whatever you claim is going to be true. And its relally funny when you fabricate the poverty levels while pointing figures to other countries.

BEIJING — Even with its booming economy, China now has more poor people — at least officially.

A sharp upward revision in the official poverty line, announced by the government Tuesday, means that 128 million Chinese in rural areas now qualify as poor, 100 million more than under the previous standard.

The new threshold of about $1 a day nearly doubles the previous amount. While the revised poverty line is still below the World Bank threshold of $1.25 a day, the change brings China closer to international norms and better reflects the country’s overall higher standards of living after three decades of buoyant growth.

The old limit, first set in the 1990s and notched up periodically thereafter, focused on the bedrock poor at a time China was still largely rural and impoverished. As the country has climbed toward middle income status, experts from the World Bank and Chinese think tanks have urged the government to raise the threshold to capture more poor Chinese.

“The previous poverty line underestimated the number of poor people in rural China,” the official newspaper China Daily quoted Wang Sangui, a rural development expert at Renmin University, as saying. “Only 2.8 percent of the rural population was officially considered poor, which was lower than in many developed countries such as the United States, which has a poverty rate of about 15 percent.”

With the higher threshold, more people qualify for government assistance. Funding for poverty relief is also being raised more than 20 percent this year to 27 billion yuan, or $4.2 billion, the China Daily reported.

China raises poverty line, increasing number of official poor by 100 million - The Washington Post

This is another one

Grinding poverty defies China's boom - The New York Times

Even though this article was written in 2008, I think it makes sense as I see many poverty related threads started by Chines members based on old articles.

When you keep the poverty line well be the world level, whatever you claim is going to be true. And its relally funny when you fabricate the poverty levels while pointing figures to other countries.

BEIJING — Even with its booming economy, China now has more poor people — at least officially.

A sharp upward revision in the official poverty line, announced by the government Tuesday, means that 128 million Chinese in rural areas now qualify as poor, 100 million more than under the previous standard.

The new threshold of about $1 a day nearly doubles the previous amount. While the revised poverty line is still below the World Bank threshold of $1.25 a day, the change brings China closer to international norms and better reflects the country’s overall higher standards of living after three decades of buoyant growth.

The old limit, first set in the 1990s and notched up periodically thereafter, focused on the bedrock poor at a time China was still largely rural and impoverished. As the country has climbed toward middle income status, experts from the World Bank and Chinese think tanks have urged the government to raise the threshold to capture more poor Chinese.

“The previous poverty line underestimated the number of poor people in rural China,” the official newspaper China Daily quoted Wang Sangui, a rural development expert at Renmin University, as saying. “Only 2.8 percent of the rural population was officially considered poor, which was lower than in many developed countries such as the United States, which has a poverty rate of about 15 percent.”

With the higher threshold, more people qualify for government assistance. Funding for poverty relief is also being raised more than 20 percent this year to 27 billion yuan, or $4.2 billion, the China Daily reported.

China raises poverty line, increasing number of official poor by 100 million - The Washington Post

This is another one

Even though this article was written in 2008, I think it makes sense as I see many poverty related threads started by Chines members based on old articles.

You should care about your own fellow homeless countrymen on Wall Street first before pointing at China. :coffee:

This is another one

lol fabricated poverty line is for western superier properganda machine to deny any prograss made by China```but in terms of fabrication no one can second america, they fabricated so many things to give an excuse to wage a war and killing innocents in millions```

I guess america must have learnt this 'strategy' from Hitler

You should care about your fellow homeless countrymen on Wall Street first before pointing at China. :coffee:

Thanks for the Advice, can you please put these advice to your country men who are the masters in posting poverty thread. I remember seeing one 1/2 days ago posted by your poverty less country men.

And for your knowledge, Our poverty line is defined as income below less than $30/day, not as $1/day and we don't fabricate our poverty level. Our Cost of living and inflation is not growing like bamboo.

Thanks for the Advice, can you please put these advice to your country men who are the masters in posting poverty thread. I remember seeing one 1/2 days ago posted by your poverty less country men.

And for your knowledge, Our poverty line is defined as income below less than $30/day, not as $1/day and we don't fabricate our poverty level. Our Cost of living and inflation is not growing like bamboo.

Actually, food prices in the US have been increasing at over 20% per year. I'm in LA and food prices have been skyrocketing.

Soaring Food, Oil Prices Still Don't Indicate Real Inflation, Economists Say

What's America's real inflation rate?

lol fabricated poverty line is for western superier properganda machine to deny any prograss made by China```but in terms of fabrication no one can second america, they fabricated so many things to give an excuse to wage a war and killing innocents in millions```

I guess america must have learnt this 'strategy' from Hitler

I am not saying that China didn't made progress. Everybody knows that China had made progress. I really appreciate that, even though I wont agree with some of the ways that was used to achieve that. The point is the poverty is hidden whereas progress is publicized by the Chinese propaganda machines. The sad part in this is, nobody except the Chinese government knows the real data on the poverty level, its a state secret. May be this helps you to decide about the term fabricated.

LoL, May be you can start to poll asking whether Washington Post/NY Times or People Daily/China Daily fabricate things? The results will speak for themselves.

Just a kind request, when you mention a country by name, next time please Start with Capital letter like America.

I am not saying that China didn't made progress. Everybody knows that China had made progress. I really appreciate that, even though I wont agree with some of the ways that was used to achieve that. The point is the poverty is hidden whereas progress is publicized by the Chinese propaganda machines. The sad part in this is, nobody except the Chinese government knows the real data on the poverty level, its a state secret. May be this helps you to decide about the term fabricated.

LoL, May be you can start to poll asking whether Washington Post/NY Times or People Daily/China Daily fabricate things? The results will speak for themselves.

Just a kind request, when you mention a country by name, next time please Start with Capital letter like America.
then you like other brainwashed western people know nothing about Chinese 'propaganda' machine,

if western media could make people believe Iraq had WMD and Al-Qaeda and China block google, BBC and CNN then there is nothing creditability about western media``and the funnier part is most western people buying those $hit from them, but ask any Chinese that really read CCTV news?

kid``there are over 6000 news agencies in China regarless hunderd of thousands of privat on-line news blogs. watching or listening to private and local news in China are much more funy than watching western news agencies because they all speaking in one ideaology but with different tones, you will only find this out if you stayed China for 10 years like I did in the U.K

Actually, food prices in the US have been increasing at over 20% per year. I'm in LA and food prices have been skyrocketing.

Soaring Food, Oil Prices Still Don't Indicate Real Inflation, Economists Say

From your link

The strongest evidence counteracting inflationary fears, however, lies in the core inflation level, which does not include volatile food and energy prices and is widely considered to be a more accurate inflationary predictor. According to that BLS measurement, inflation only inched up 0.1 percent in March -- the smallest increase this year -- suggesting core inflation is on track to rise 1.2 percent overall in 2011.

Inflation is calculated for whole country, and in LA prices are usually high and taxes are the highest in the country. The place I live is a place where buying a house is cheaper than renting. If I live in my the house for 5 years, I will be good than renting. Only milk prices have gone up in the last one year, others remain the same.

For your kind info, this article was published in

Posted: March 19, 2008
9:44 pm Eastern

please wake up and don't use the same technique of posting some old threads that are related to poverty as your country men do.

Here is the inflation info

Current Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) 226.421
Current Inflation Rate
3.53%
Released November 16, 2011 for October 2011
Provided by InflationData.com

Monthly Inflation Rate Table
Month Monthly Inflation
January 2010 0.34%
February 2010 0.02%
March 2010 0.41%
April 2010 0.17%
May 2010 0.08%
June 2010 -0.10%
July 2010 0.02%
August 2009 0.14%
September 2010 0.06%
October 2010 0.12%
November 2010 0.04%
December 2010 0.17%
January 2011 0.48%
February 2011 0.49%
March 2011 0.98%
April 2011 0.64%
May 2011 0.47%
June 2011 -0.11%
July 2011 0.09%
August 2010 0.28%
September 2011 0.15%
October 2011 -0.21%

May be you can change your name to NotSoFairAndBiased.

then you like other brainwashed western people know nothing about Chinese 'propaganda' machine,

if western media could make people believe Iraq had WMD and Al-Qaeda and China block google, BBC and CNN then there is nothing creditability about western media``and the funnier part is most western people buying those $hit from them, but ask any Chinese that really read CCTV news?

kid``there are over 6000 news agencies in China regarless hunderd of thousands of privat on-line news blogs. watching or listening to private and local news in China are much more funy than watching western news agencies because they all speaking in one ideaology but with different tones, you will only find this out if you stayed China for 10 years like I did in the U.K

Mr senior citizen,
The pity thing about your 6k news agencies, for then the Egypt/Tunisia/Libya uprising is not a news. you have forced me to talk about issues that are not related to the thread.

just check here

Test if any website is Blocked in China in real-time

just for your knowledge, I am not a stranger to China, I have been traveling to China and other South Asian countries for the past 13 years and have lived in China for quite some time. My company has offices in most of the Asian countries.

May be you could have thanked me for appreciating the progress of China and thanks for correcting the mistake, I see China in your post.

What's the point to compare U.S to China? why not start after ww2? Americans should roll back the video tape to see their standard living in 1950s to 1970S and see at the same time how was China at that time? and now fast forward to compare the two nowaday,you will see a striking different and progress that China has been achieved. As Chinese, even we haven't yet reach Americans living standard, we still satisfy with our gorvernment effort

now enjoy some tibetan music

Last edited by a moderator:
this article is fabricted by chinese government for just a cover up to recent tibetian monk self immolation .Nothing genuine about it.
Instead the chinese should concentrate on addressing the concerns of tibetian people & freedom:D

this article is fabricted by chinese government for just a cover up to recent tibetian monk self immolation .Nothing genuine about it.
Instead the chinese should concentrate on addressing the concerns of tibetian people & freedom:D
just like how Lie Lie Lama fabricated he is a pure religious man? but in fact he is just a cute puppet fed by the west money and indian food

Back
Top Bottom