What's new

PAF Heroes Who Surprised India !

At this stage, would it be correct to state that, apparently, one of our AMRAAM missed the target and no SU30 has been hit?
Yes it missed but it still did it's job because it put a whole formation of MKI's on the defensive which couldn't fire a missile in return so to me it's mission accomplished.

PAF has a pilot to Aircraft ratio of 2:1.

i.e. they have 2 pilots for a single aircraft.

Also a twin seater is designed specifically for operational reason that require 2 pilots. Even a commercial aircraft can be flown using just one pilot. But no airline in the world will every send up a flight with no co-pilot.

Only a fool will agree that during stressful combat operations, a twin seater will have only one pilot.
Be careful of what you post.

First...I am USAF veteran, F-111 Cold War, then F-16 Desert Storm.

Now...On the F-111, can the jet be flown by one pilot, specifically the left seater? Yes, but he would not be able to accomplish a combat sortie because the F-111 was designed to be flown by EITHER seat but need both pilots to operate the jet in a combat sortie. Other than the EF-111 which have no controls for the right seater, the right seat pilot can actually fly the jet, albeit with some difficulty, by himself. But for the 'regular' F-111, to accomplish a combat sortie, the left seater flies the jet and the right seater operate the weapons systems. Left = Pilot. Right = Weapons Systems Officer (WSO).

Next...The F-16 two-seater B/D models cannot be compared to the F-111. The B/D models are trainers but literally everything regarding accomplishing a combat sortie can be done by the front cockpit. In other words, IF NECESSARY, a B/D jet can be sent into combat with only the front cockpit pilot.

The F-14 can be flown only by the front cockpit -- the pilot. The rear cockpit is for the Naval Flight Officer who is not a pilot. For a combat sortie, the F-14 must have a pilot and an NFO.

The F-15 Strike Eagle usually flies with both rated pilots, but the rear cockpit's primary responsibility is weapons, not flight. If the front cockpit becomes inop for any reason, the rear cockpit can take over flight duties but would not be able to accomplish a combat sortie. For combat, the Strike Eagle requires two pilots. The USAF do not an NFO equivalent. Either a pilot or not.

In an airliner, the jet was literally designed with task partitioning in mind, meaning one pilot does one set of tasks and the other pilot does the another set of tasks.

The F-16 was not designed that way. In theory, for the F-16B/D models, the rear cockpit (GIB), should be able to fly a combat sortie but I have not heard of such. The B/D models are usually reserved for training and familiarity. For the new F-16 pilot, he would get an intro flight from the rear cockpit, then as his training progresses, he would transition to the front cockpit and the IP to the rear. But F-16 two-seaters do not need two pilots to fly a combat sortie.

Please avoid making generalizations like this.

Yes it missed but it still did it's job because it put a whole formation of MKI's on the defensive which couldn't fire a missile in return so to me it's mission accomplished.

Thanks. But, then we should not have officially claimed a second hit?

At this stage, would it be correct to state that, apparently, one of our AMRAAM missed the target and no SU30 has been hit?
Are you an eye witness to the fact that the AMRAAM never hit the target.
You think that piece of AMRAAM the Indians were waving grows on trees, remember this missile travels at close to Mach-6 and the only place the Indians could have found the wreckage is stuck in it's victim.

All the radar readings and other data says otherwise.

Are you an eye witness to the fact that the AMRAAM never hit the target.
You think that piece of AMRAAM the Indians were waving grows on trees, remember this missile travels at close to Mach-6 and the only place the Indians could have found the wreckage is stuck in it's victim.
Lol
Your own Kaiser Tufail accepted this:
or the aircrew had been able to kinetically defeat the missile, or the missile had simply timed-out and self-destructed, remains moot.
https://kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.co...21PrxMPvpxTkDmKavLVsh_ynL_fvPptkhDBtEO_qY&m=1

Recognize the Aircraft ? its 606.

D-El_IQUYAADrL4.jpg

So?? This is few years old pic

I already said that F16B can be fly by a single pilot too

What is the proof here?

It seems that F-16B can be operated by a single pilot unless the mission profile specifically needs two pilots. We do not have concrete proof that on 27th the above 606 had one or two pilots, and who the 2nd guy is.

India has no solid proof for anything

Hell India doesn't even have blackbox of their own MI17 that they shot down in their own territory

You cherry picking again stray....let me spoon feed you.

The very long range at which the adversary aircraft appeared on the F-16 radar scopes suggested that these were big targets, most likely Su-30MKI. After sampling the target data and confirming valid firing parameters, Hasan let go an AIM-120C (AMRAAM)[8] at 0936 hours, and promptly announced ‘Fox Three,’ the brevity code for an active radar-guided missile launch. Missile flight data fed back to the F-16 fire control computer in real-time, seemed to indicate that the missile had made its mark.

taking things out of context are we?

Missile flight data fed back to the F-16 fire control computer in real-time, seemed to indicate that the missile had made its mark. Whether the Su-30 had met a violent end, or the aircrew had been able to kinetically defeat the missile, or the missile had simply timed-out and self-destructed, remains moot.

The debris of AMRAAM shown by YOUR forces indicates it made it's mark, by the way official word of your forces on "downing" F-16 was? blip disappearing from radar? being hypocrite are we?

You cherry picking again stray....let me spoon feed you.

The very long range at which the adversary aircraft appeared on the F-16 radar scopes suggested that these were big targets, most likely Su-30MKI. After sampling the target data and confirming valid firing parameters, Hasan let go an AIM-120C (AMRAAM)[8] at 0936 hours, and promptly announced ‘Fox Three,’ the brevity code for an active radar-guided missile launch. Missile flight data fed back to the F-16 fire control computer in real-time, seemed to indicate that the missile had made its mark.
If Nouman & HAssan are in F-16s than
who shoot down 2 indian jets
especially the mig-21
than Who is the mig hunter?

Too bad that the engagement is going to render the remaining AIM-120C-5's useless with the new acquisition by IAF; since IAF is now well aware of the parameters of an AIM-120-C5, they know that they currently have nothing that can better the range and speed of AIM-120C-5, IAF will acquire a better, faster and longer ranged AMRAAM or VLRAAM.

I hope that the SD series, the newer ones, are faring better than the AIM-120D variants and anything that is available to IAF for acquisition, including on their RAFALE.

I am also very keen to know the performance of our AWACS v's IAF Phalcons and other early warning and EW Assets, any literature on that anywhere, anyone?

Indiot,

first answer

2 R-77 recovered
1 R-73 with tail section attached to pylon recovered
1 R-73 with serial number recovered

so then what missile was used to shoot down F-16?

Lowlife Indians are claiming that the missiles recovered are from Ebay [emoji23]

Too bad that the engagement is going to render the remaining AIM-120C-5's useless with the new acquisition by IAF; since IAF is now well aware of the parameters of an AIM-120-C5, they know that they currently have nothing that can better the range and speed of AIM-120C-5, IAF will acquire a better, faster and longer ranged AMRAAM or VLRAAM.

I hope that the SD series, the newer ones, are faring better than the AIM-120D variants and anything that is available to IAF for acquisition, including on their RAFALE.

I am also very keen to know the performance of our AWACS v's IAF Phalcons and other early warning and EW Assets, any literature on that anywhere, anyone?
I don't agree that the Aim 120 is now useless. Just because a missile has been fired at you doesn't mean you have figured out all the parameters. And since they were all busy "Dodging" They were not able to do anything useful. They will spend years and lots of money looking how to counter the aim120. By that time the PAF will have already moved on...

The IAF apparently sent up a AWACS but have been very tight lipped about its performance. Which is not surprisingly considering they lost comms with 2 planes and 1-2(?) Getting shot down.

india already has access to agm 84 and aim series missiles from friendly countries and still failed to achieve anything...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom