What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

That's a lot of prototypes, godspeed!

I'm not sure about how fast SAC J-35 (FC-31) is proceeding, but I'm sure it's a carrier-based jet only at least till this moment, no PLAAF involvement at all. Hence it remains a future option for PAF/PAC to become a co-developer for a land-based variant of the jet, say after J-35 gets FOC on PLAN's carriers. In fact that could be like how SK and Indonesia co-develop the KFX/IFX, or we all know CAC-PAC on JF-17.

What I mean current finished prototypes are 4 ( 1,2,3,and 4), but the total prototypes to be build would be 8 ( 6 flying ).

Yup, if China allows Pakistan to do that, then it will be perfect

If you are willing to wait another half decade you might get F-16Vs.

Apparently, the plan was to keep awaiting and had to go like this. But, there are changes now. Opportunities knocked on the door.

I am not claiming that the message could such straight but it should have been like if you think you are the Only option then you must know that we have options. The reason why I see COAS visiting US before PM departure to Russia. This is more like a courtesy call for the old times sake, before making any OTHER decision.

Pakistan US relations will be balanced unlike past. However, it will just foolish to call it like Pakistan being in totally opposite camp. Pakistan maintains the relations in east and west both a time. At-least east has no issues with it at all.

View attachment 816133
is this the WS10 engine?

Yes.

Apparently, the plan was to keep awaiting and had to go like this. But, there are changes now. Opportunities knocked on the door.

I am not claiming that the message could such straight but it should have been like if you think you are the Only option then you must know that we have options. The reason why I see COAS visiting US before PM departure to Russia. This is more like a courtesy call for the old times sake, before making any OTHER decision.

Pakistan US relations will be balanced unlike past. However, it will just foolish to call it like Pakistan being in totally opposite camp. Pakistan maintains the relations in east and west both a time. At-least east has no issues with it at all.

What I suggested has little to do with US Pakistanis relations. The real question is whether Pakistan will bold enough to accept the F-16Vs when the time comes.

That said, nothing is for certain. We will know when the time comes, if at all.

The real question is whether Pakistan will bold enough to accept the F-16Vs when the time comes.
The question outta be, at what cost?*
*Not hinting towards finance.

Does the F-16 bring anything new to the table in terms of capability compared to the upgraded JF-17 Block III or the newly (soon-to-be) inducted J-10's?

Ans. NO!

Both the Block III & J-10's have AESA. They both have BVR (PL-15), which by numbers is superior to the AMRAAM (Aim-120C).

F-16's come with a lotta baggage. You gotta deal with Congress/Senate & strong Indian lobbying that goes with it. Even if you bypass all that b.s., you have to deal with their End-User Agreement that F-16's can only be used for Defense and not against anyone.

Fine. I think we took care of that loophole during our skirmish in 2019 by not using them as Strike.

Its a fair assessment that the US (now) know that Pakistan has called their bluff, opted for the J-10's and now they're feeling the pinch.

They know full well that Pakistan is not in any position to cough up hard cash for brand new Block 70/72's and would wanna off-load some of their older inventory by keeping us as one of their infamous non-NATO ally & make a lil' money off something that is collecting dust in Arizona and/or Nevada.

Like it or not - and this is to address some of our Members that aren't fans of the F-16...

...your opinion/feelings towards the F-16 means d!ck to the PAF leadership 'cause they love the F-16's because its the one jet which has always come through.

Your precious Ops Swift Retort piggybacked on the presence of the Viper.

Do I (personally) think PAF will get additional F-16? Honestly, I don't know. What I do know is if it did happen, it won't be one of those shinny new ones off the assembly line. It'll be one of those that have seen their share of flights and might require some serious oiling.

-T23

Does the F-16 bring anything new to the table in terms of capability compared to the upgraded JF-17 Block III or the newly (soon-to-be) inducted J-10's?

Ans. NO!

Both the Block III & J-10's have AESA. They both have BVR (PL-15), which by numbers is superior to the AMRAAM (Aim-120C).

F-16's come with a lotta baggage. You gotta deal with Congress/Senate & strong Indian lobbying that goes with it. Even if you bypass all that b.s., you have to deal with their End-User Agreement that F-16's can only be used for Defense and not against anyone.

Fine. I think we took care of that loophole during our skirmish in 2019 by not using them as Strike.

Its a fair assessment that the US (now) know that Pakistan has called their bluff, opted for the J-10's and now they're feeling the pinch.

They know full well that Pakistan is not in any position to cough up hard cash for brand new Block 70/72's and would wanna off-load some of their older inventory by keeping us as one of their infamous non-NATO ally & make a lil' money off something that is collecting dust in Arizona and/or Nevada.

Like it or not - and this is to address some of our Members that aren't fans of the F-16...

...your opinion/feelings towards the F-16 means d!ck to the PAF leadership 'cause they love the F-16's because its the one jet which has always come through.

Do I (personally) think PAF will get additional F-16? Honestly, I don't know. What I do know is if it did happen, it won't be one of those shinny new ones off the assembly line. It'll be one of those that have seen their share of flights and might require some serious oiling.

-T23

Well said

Ans. NO!

-T23

New and refurbished F-16s at zero cost other than maybe some political points. Maybe some Mirage 2000s too. I hope you get what I mean.

If I'm not mistaken, the NSA Dr. Moeed Yusuf has already said that Pakistan has other options and that no one is waiting on hands & foot for anything from the u.s.

Going forward, Pakistan's approach is going to be very self-centered and (bluntly put) selfish when it comes to the united states. basically that what can they do for us FIRST. if they one one thing, they'll have to "do more" on 10 others things FIRST. Pakistani and american relations are going to be very tricky in the near future.

How do you know? and is this the WS-10 with TVC?

Back
Top Bottom