What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Yep, Mig 29s are extremely manoeuvrable with very high Thrust to Weight ratio. Good for dogfighting as well as gaining height to recommit in BVR.

It is difficult to compare the mobility of MIG29 and F16.
The best mobility of F16 should be F16block30 (except F16VISTA), and the best mobility of MIG29 should be MIG29A (except MIG29OVT).
Both should have the same level of mobility.

That's why I always said to buy J-31 AKA J-35 5th gen platform so that we can threaten the existence of India :rolleyes:
Will join eventually once inducted in Chinese navy and may be in air force, after that we may see them to order around 2025

Seems the main landing gear on the J-10CP are different to the other versions, the CP landing gear resembles that of the JF-17.

1645364621486.png

1645364741589.png

Will join eventually once inducted in Chinese navy and may be in air force, after that we may see them to order around 2025

Even 1000 J-35, F-22, F-35, Su-57, J-20 whatever used alone would not threaten the existence of any country let alone one the size of India.

It is simply a way to improve your airforce and so you can hold air superiority which in turn gives significant land and naval advantages (assuming navy is involved and air superiority is achieved over regional waters). That may help with such a war of conquest but even then there are millions of other factors to consider.

Okay, thanks. Could you link any post around it? Or page number of nearby.... I wasnt around when this was discussed.

You can use the search function

It is right on the top

Even 1000 J-35, F-22, F-35, Su-57, J-20 whatever used alone would not threaten the existence of any country let alone one the size of India.

It is simply a way to improve your airforce and so you can hold air superiority which in turn gives significant land and naval advantages (assuming navy is involved and air superiority is achieved over regional waters). That may help with such a war of conquest but even then there are millions of other factors to consider.
Offcouse whatever we have or will induct in future will be in context of our defensive doctorain, and enough power that enemies don't take as for granted and try re invade us

This is correct.

On topic: another added benefit of having the J-10Cs is that they'll give PAF a good chance to train with and against a fighter that's very similar in capabilities to the Rafale.

If India doesn't get more rafales soon, which this thread has established that it won't for year's to come, then they really will have no choice but to buy another fighter type, which will mean even more logistical nightmares for the IAF. They can't get the numbers advantage for the Rafales due to the long waiting list, and buying yet another fighter type is adding to costs for India.

IAF really is stuck in a rut.

I would not discount India buying 2nd hand Rafales from France directly from French Airforce with France backfilling later with new builds to build up the fleet.

I would not discount India convincing UAE to give to India her manufacturing slots in "line with better relations" or even off a price premium for those slots(unlikey but hey - If Indians get desperate - maybe they wont penny pinch/haggle as if they are buying oranges at the local market ).

I would not discount France settting up a new manufacturing line if India gets serious and orders those 114 MMRCA(or what ever they are calling it these days) aircraft - which will make it worth while for France.

So - dont rule out more Rafales coming quickly - "that quickly" if the India babu's ever get their act together.

Umm second best? J-10 hasn't even landed yet ( no evidence so far ) and is no where being operational and you have decided to call it better than an aircraft that has been backbone of the air force for few decades now?
Why are you so defensive? You mean PAF need this bird to land at Pakistan before they really know what these J-10C can do? You mean PAF do not even know capabilities of these bird before decide to buy for them? Do you know what is called testing or test trial? I am sure PAF pilot send to evaluate J-10C are ace pilot of F-16 Blk 52 who do professional assessment of J-10C including fighter to fighter evaluation.

If these J-10C cant even beat F-16 blk 52 hands down. I doubt PAF are willing to induct these birds.

For the first time PAF pilots will have another aircraft comparable to F16s. It would be interesting to see whether J10c is able to break the love affair of PAF pilots with F16s or not? I am sure we will see a shift where pilots will talk fondly about the J10s like they used to about F16s! Fondly going on and on telling its stories!
Old love dies hard..

Okay, thanks. Could you link any post around it? Or page number of nearby.... I wasnt around when this was discussed.
Link 17 will be installed, that is why it is missing. You would have to start at least 25 pages behind or even back. Try Search

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom