What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Why are you so defensive? You mean PAF need this bird to land at Pakistan before they really know what these J-10C can do? You mean PAF do not even know capabilities of these bird before decide to buy for them? Do you know what is called testing or test trial? I am sure PAF pilot send to evaluate J-10C are ace pilot of F-16 Blk 52 who do professional assessment of J-10C including fighter to fighter evaluation.

If these J-10C cant even beat F-16 blk 52 hands down. I doubt PAF are willing to induct these birds.

Considering the advantages of AESA and missiles, I also believe that J10C air combat can win F16b52.

However, the fact that J10C can win F16b52 in air combat does not mean that its ability is stronger than F16b52.

The role of fighters is not just air combat.

In PLAAF's golden helmet competition, J10C often wins J16. Why do we still think J16 is a better fighter?

Considering the advantages of AESA and missiles, I also believe that J10C air combat can win F16b52.

However, the fact that J10C can win F16b52 in air combat does not mean that its ability is stronger than F16b52.

The role of fighters is not just air combat.

In PLAAF's golden helmet competition, J10C often wins J16. Why do we still think J16 is a better fighter?
Yes, I can agree but air superiority is always the top priority especially for PAF which can only inducted limited type of aircraft. The ground role of PAF can be handed to mostly JF-17 to handle.

Umm second best? J-10 hasn't even landed yet ( no evidence so far ) and is no where being operational and you have decided to call it better than an aircraft that has been backbone of the air force for few decades now?

View attachment 817009

On a serious note, please support your claim with facts instead of making illogical comments of 100 J-10s > 10 F-16s.

People need to realise that be it an F-7 or an F-16, all these aircrafts have and are serving the air force for so many years. And these all aircrafts are YOURS so why the constant hate towards specific platforms? I am sure after certain years you would be bullying JF-17 and J-10s as well without any proper logic.

Why does the service years of an aircraft matter to you if that particular aircraft is still performing much better than your enemy's latest fighters? Do not forget, it was viper that saved your a**** in 2019.

Why this debate anyways? Professionals at PAF don't engage in these useless talks so why us? This is totally waste of time and nothing else.

Most experts here agree that F-16 and J-10 are at par with eachother. Both have their Perks and they are here to compliment eachother not go against eachother.

If you want to engage in these debates, please stay with F-16 v Su30 or J-10 v Rafale.
In addition to your post I would reiterate that the 4 decades of experience on the 16s, the scores of pilots who have had 100s of hours on the platform, the technical expertise for repairs and maintenance means the 16s are still the spearhead of our attack. This might change in 3-5 years but as of now the 16s are our top dogs. Iagree that J10s are a more recent acquisition but getting used to the platform, its quirks, its/weaknesses and strengths, vetting to know its hardware and developing repair and maintenance infrastructure will take a lot of time.

A

You should have replied that we are paying for the Jets but China is throwing in these weapons for free.

View attachment 817038
But China giving them to indian a** so hard absolutly free free free...😆
download (1).jpeg

One added advantage of J-10 is the sheer number of AC that the Chinese operate, They have grilled the plane and it will be updated as the mainstay single engine for PLAAF.
Second advantage is in case of combat, PAF can always loan a few to boost number and establish deterrence and plan aggression.
This flexibility is not available for any other AC. Even JF-17 does not provide that option. So a very sensible and calculated buy. 60 is a good enough number to train and establish the tactics and keep enough pilots that can fly this plane in combat at any given time.
Integration with the chinese sub-system is another advantage. These are the things that IAF cannot do even after spending 10+ billion $
Bhai
No one loans/anybody anything without money or vested interests. Please rememeber that war in the Indo Pak context will nullify all these acquisitions. The lack of trust between the two will result in either no war or a terrifying Nuke exchange within days of initiation of hostilities.
A

Last edited:
Yes, I can agree but air superiority is always the top priority especially for PAF which can only inducted limited type of aircraft. The ground role of PAF can be handed to mostly JF-17 to handle.
I don't agree with you. I think the opposite is true.
For PAF, F16b52 is certainly more useful than J10C. Under the condition of limited budget, if I am the decision-maker of PAF, I will give priority to multifunctional medium fighter, that is F16.

I don't agree with you. I think the opposite is true.
For PAF, F16b52 is certainly more useful than J10C. Under the condition of limited budget, if I am the decision-maker of PAF, I will give priority to multifunctional medium fighter, that is F16.
Without air superiority, you can forget about other task.. Priority shall not be given to F-16, can PAF has a stable supple of spare from American given current situation? Why waste effort on something you will have more and more difficult or more expensive to maintain?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom