What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

How would you compare the J-10C's dogfighting capabilities with the F-16?

F-16, especially A-variant, probably has superior thrust to weight, so in a sustained turning battle it probably holds an advantage. However, the J-10C, being a delta-canard, has superior instantaneous turn rate, and also has high off-bore IR missile like PL-10 which is better than the Sidewinder variant currently in service with the PAF. I think in a dog fight it really boils down to pilot skill and whether they can leverage the advantage of the respective platform.

Even Deino has started using Halal Dragon. It is official.
Well, we still could use an insert of the term in a news article somewhere :lol:

qwc4bwanmcm21.jpg
Looking forward to pictures of PAF flying together with PLAAF stealth jets in the future.
:china::pakistan:

Last edited:
Even Deino has started using Halal Dragon. It is official.
A ridiculous term, it's not something to be eaten!

Even the name "J-10CP" is only a fan made one so far. Nothing other than J-10C or CE exists officially on china side....and PAF obviously hasn't given anything official yet and won't until the day of the actual induction ceremony. Even then they may decide to simply call it J-10 without specifying anything.

Salaam

Why do airplanes dump fuel? (I'm assuming it's that since someone mentioned it in reference to the picture you posted). Thanks
Thanks

A ridiculous term, it's not something to be eaten!

Even the name "J-10CP" is only a fan made one so far. Nothing other than J-10C or CE exists officially on china side....and PAF obviously hasn't given anything official yet and won't until the day of the actual induction ceremony. Even then they may decide to simply call it J-10 without specifying anything.

I don't think anyone is claiming that J10 is a food item nor that the term halal dragon is an official term. It's just a term used as a fun nickname given by some. I don't see ehy it should be a problem.

Btw halal isn't restricted to food items. It encompasses all that is allowed including but not limited to food.

Some posters are indicating that a western Aircraft may be joining PAF and F-16 new or used is only logical option if things go good between US and Pakistan.
If I am PAF, I will not take that option. PAF are tired and wary of unreliable support. One day, they claim support you but next moment, they will turn another face.

Constantly living in the fear of sanction and threat of ending spares to your squadron is not pleasant.

Salaam

Why do airplanes dump fuel? (I'm assuming it's that since someone mentioned it in reference to the picture you posted). Thanks
Thanks

I don't think anyone is claiming that J10 is a food item nor that the term halal dragon is an official term. It's just a term used as a fun nickname given by some. I don't see ehy it should be a problem.

Btw halal isn't restricted to food items. It encompasses all that is allowed including but not limited to food.

Here is a google answer. :-)

"Because it lowers the weight of the plane, causing it less stress as it lands. Landing a plane is more stressful on the airplane than taking off is. Heavy fuel adds even more stress, so when the pilot feels it is necessary to lower the weight of the airplane, he may decide to get rid of some of that fuel before landing.

Getting rid of fuel immediately before landing is the fastest way to eliminate the fuel. When not enough fuel is consumed during a flight or there is an emergency situation, dumping the fuel makes for a lighter airplane and, therefore, less stress on the plane itself."

Salaam

Thanks

Maximum landing weight is set by aircraft as the strain on the landing gear due to impact of landing can break the gear.

Aircraft routinely carry more fuel on take off so they can fly further with the expectation that they would burn the fuel in flight reducing the weight on landing. If for one reason or another you need to land earlier than the landing weight has been met, you need to reduce the weight of the aircraft. It is generally frowned upon to throw passengers and their luggage out of a plane in flight so we usually dump fuel. When you qualify on an aircraft 20 hours of training you are thought the procedure to reduce landing weight.

I have the lowest level of a pilots License……

Second part about halal dragon 🐉, yes certainly j-10c is a halal as it can give sacrifice. But would it be halal for it to eat up a Rafael after killing it? Would it need to kill it in a Zabhia way ……..

We all know that dragons are fictional Charachters right….. so are unicorns …. Just wanted to get some things straightened out before going into law details

K

Back
Top Bottom