What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Apologies in advance for bringing the Lavi back into the discussion, but if anyone is interested in the design aspects of a close-coupled delta canard, and how the data from the Lavi influenced the design of the J-10C, this video is extremely informative about the design and engineering aspects. Please note, the J-10C IS NOT a copy of the Lavi, what I'm trying to do here is to demonstrate how a similar design and engineering philosophy was used in both aircraft to achieve similar performance characteristics. In summary, both the Lavi and J-10C adopt a close-coupled canard delta design for improved aerodynamic efficiency, along with a thick wing root chord for greater fuel and load capacity, primarily intended for the strike role, and secondarily for A2A.

Key points from the video:

• The Lavi was designed primarily as a light/medium weight strike fighter, and secondary A2A fighter.
  • Over 50% of total fuel volume is located in the wings, as apposed to around 20% in the F-16, allowing for more internal fuselage volume to be used for avionics and weapons.
  • Thicker wing root section allows the Lavi to carry more with less weight - 13% higher MTOW than Block-30 F-16C with 10% lower empty weight, 50% greater combat radius than Block-40 F-16C with 20% lower empty weight.
  • Close-coupled canard design improves aerodynamic efficiency and lift-to-drag ratio, for greater load carrying over longer ranges (similar to Gripen, Rafale, J-10C).

Lavi is not mass produced. It's a failed product. It is completely different from the J10.

So far the J-10 arrival/flypast has turned into F-16, EFT, Su-35, FC-31 etc. topic.
because of ever impatient Zarvan

anyways coming back to the topic, when will official induction ceremony gonna take place ? any guesses. Apart from PM of Pakistan, I am expecting Chinese Airforce chief and senior ranking Chinese Govt official to attend the ceremony as well.

1645535959635.png

Let them taste the Indian flavor. If they are willing to be in the bed with them let them be.
MBS is running to fast, not good for him. They were pissing last time when trump threaten to take back their security. He showed them their real worth.
When it comes to face the front whole peninsula is on their knees then what are they good at.
Politics is another field it keeps going whatever develops on other aspects, so let it be.
LEAVE THE SAUDIS TO THEIR OWN MECHINATIONS. What they do for their own country is their own business and they have not handed over their management to the Government of Pakistan and neither are we responsible for their foreign policy. Let us concentrate on the topic at hand

Please note, the J-10C IS NOT a copy of the Lavi, what I'm trying to do here is to demonstrate how a similar design and engineering philosophy was used in both aircraft to achieve similar performance characteristics. In summary, both the Lavi and J-10C adopt a close-coupled canard delta design for improved aerodynamic efficiency, along with a thick wing root chord for greater fuel and load capacity, primarily intended for the strike role, and secondarily for A2A.

Key points from the video:

• The Lavi was designed primarily as a light/medium weight strike fighter, and secondary A2A fighter.
  • Over 50% of total fuel volume is located in the wings, as apposed to around 20% in the F-16, allowing for more internal fuselage volume to be used for avionics and weapons.
  • Thicker wing root section allows the Lavi to carry more with less weight - 13% higher MTOW than Block-30 F-16C with 10% lower empty weight, 50% greater combat radius than Block-40 F-16C with 20% lower empty weight.
  • Close-coupled canard design improves aerodynamic efficiency and lift-to-drag ratio, for greater load carrying over longer ranges (similar to Gripen, Rafale, J-10C).

If copying were that easy a way to pass would any student have failed???

Feel sorry for the Indians though!!! When they were about to start bragging for the Rafaels PAF has again shot them down to the ground....

Feel sorry for the Indians though!!! When they were about to start bragging for the Rafaels PAF has again shot them down to the ground....
My dear, this in essence is called the difference between Quality Vs Quantity.
After India acquired the Rafales, did you read any Pakistani poster or otherwise criticising the aircraft.....now even after some two dozen have been delivered to the IAF....the general talk was that we will counter anything that India fields....both with weapons and tactics.....still showing no disrespect to the French machine....on the contrary, since first images of a J-10 in PAF colours have emerged, the Indians on social media have gone into a melt down.....even if their Mother was getting abused....these Twitter Twats would be spending their time and efforts in demeaning Pakistan and PAF in general and this time the J-10 in particular.

It was great reading all the pages over 100 😀. I was off for a week with family and this happened missed all the fun. When I came back to thread where I left it and saw all these huge page numbers I was laughing without even going through gutt feeling was telling what had happened.
I am not expert in aviation or consider myself a little bit knowledgeable in this field but know for sure it's a new weapon for my jawans to bring havoc to there enemies 😉.
To all my country men and our well wishers congratulations 🎊. And big hug to Sheda talli.
And many thanks to Almighty and our brothers in China 🇨🇳.

This Topic seems to have lost its path as its become the new New fighter for PAF Doctrine? - while that Topic is officially dead.

Mods would have their work cut out if they were to move all the comments on their respective Topics.

So far the J-10 arrival/flypast has turned into F-16, EFT, Su-35, FC-31 etc. topic.
@The Eagle

Everyone, please keep both topics separate from each other. Other options or possibilities or rumors be kindly be taken to New Fighter for PAF Doctrine thread.

Regards,

This Topic seems to have lost its path as its become the new New fighter for PAF Doctrine? - while that Topic is officially dead.

Mods would have their work cut out if they were to move all the comments on their respective Topics.

@The Eagle

Now that the J-10C purchase has been confirmed the New Fighter thread can be turned into a pure speculation thread where people can discuss induction of J-16, J-15, Su-35 with Chinese avionics, Big Foot, and the Loch Ness Monster into the PAF.

Just to spark an interesting conversation, do folks know that in the mid 90s PAF evaluated the Rafael and rejected it. I believe the French will sell us this aircraft, provided we pay with hard Chinese yaun sorry I mean American dollars. The French don’t care about either Pakistan or India they care about money and French jobs.

Remember they sold Pakistan the Augusta 90b and india the scorpion subs ….they recently sold Pakistan military transport helicopters which can be fitted with weapons. They support upgrades for mirages and help is source spares……..,

We all forget it we’re French systems in Pakistani blinder squadrons that blinded india on Feb 27

So 30 used and new Rafael’s with metior

I also disagree with folks who think that f-16s would stay in PAF inventory for long. Spare parts are hard to come by, moreover the Americans may disable our access to GPS systems rendering most of the aircraft and their ammunition useless

GPS for civilian use is different from GPS for military use

My view of the PAF by 2035 is as follows

30-45 project Azam with a lot of Turkish and Chinese support
150 j-10 rev 7-10 models (strike, nuclear strike, SEAD and air Superiority )
200-250 jf-17 block 3-4-5 ( GD multi role )
50 deep strike f-7pg drones
50deep strike mirage 5 drones
30 f-16 for point defense and defensive general duty

K

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom