What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Pakistan, Qatar and Turkey should have an annual exercise to be hosted in Turkey. Rafale, S400, J-10c, and J-17 backed by Erieyes and DA-20s should all be on the menu.

Does Qatar operate the meteor missile? If so then PAF could figure out the envelope and that would be a major boon during actual combat.

25 Planes are an odd figure would be interesting to know if the figure for March 23rd is 18 , 25 or 36 Jets

36 Seems more logical
  • 18 x First Squadron
  • 18 x Second Squadron
I think he means pilots from 25th squadron will drive some J-10C(maybe 5) to flypast on 23th,March.

I think he means pilots from 25th squadron will drive some J-10C(maybe 5) to flypast on 23th,March.
Question is why do people like sheikh Rasheed break such news when he has the capacity of a wart in these matters. Talk about Savour foods and he should be given the platform.

Last edited:
25 Planes are an odd figure would be interesting to know if the figure for March 23rd is 18 , 25 or 36 Jets

36 Seems more logical
  • 18 x First Squadron
  • 18 x Second Squadron

I was wondering that as well, then I thought maybe PAF classification for a squadron is 10 jets (10+10 regular and 5 dual-seat trainer/strike attack variants). Thanks for raising the same question.

Also, isn't 3 months too aggressive a timeline? That would mean assembling the jets at lightning speed, prioritizing PAF's delivery.

I was wondering that as well, then I thought maybe PAF classification for a squadron is 10 jets (10+10 regular and 5 dual-seat trainer/strike attack variants). Thanks for raising the same question.

Also, isn't 3 months too aggressive a timeline? That would mean assembling the jets at lightning speed, prioritizing PAF's delivery.
The contract was signed in July 2021 probably,AVIC had released a video about one J-10C with painting national flags of both two countries.
QQ图片20220101094604.png

And half a year is quite enough to produce 15~25 J-10C for CAC,As long as the money is in place.

Last edited:
The contract was signed in July 2021 probably,AVIC had released a video about one J-10C with painting national flags of both two countries.

Indeed. The aircraft have been under construction all year. I recall reading a report by scramble.nl earlier this year of around 40 J-10C parked outside of the CAC facility in January. Considering that they only park aircraft outside when there is no room in the hangers/factory, it is safe to say that at least a portion of the batch were bound for PAF.

I was referring to the number of jets ordered and not questioning the authenticity of the deal per se, since it means that the PAF is ordering one squadron i.e. of single-seater jets and the remaining 7 units would be dual-seater/trainer/conversion/strike versions.

Like these:

18 of these:
1641001829080.png

Twin-seater:
1641001780970.png

I was referring to the number of jets ordered and not questioning the authenticity of the deal per se, since it means that the PAF is ordering one squadron i.e. of single-seater jets and the remaining 7 units would be dual-seater/trainer/conversion/strike versions.

Like these:

18 of these:
View attachment 804995

Twin-seater:
View attachment 804994
PAF don't need J-10S,they have JF-17B.

I think some members have discussed that if Jet availability is high then 12+12 for 2 squardons. Else 18+18 for two squardons.
PAF uses 12 aircraft / squadron for aircraft types with higher rate of availability, 18 aircraft / squadron for aircraft types with lower rate of availability, my understanding is that F-6 and A-5 squadrons in past used to have 18 aircrafts and Mirages were somewhere in between 12 - 18. Let's see how J-10 is distributed.

Last edited:
So it is confirmed that Pakistan is getting J-10C, have I heard correctly?
Great news to start the morning too. J-10C in PAF confirmed.
So it is confirmed. Mash'Allah great news.
Its always better to work with the Chinese on basically everything, because they are not duplicitious like the West are.

Does the Pakistani J-10 come with a Chinese or Russian AL-31 engine? Does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom