What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

There's hardly any mention of the once called Raptor of East in the headlines.....alas Raptor turned into Rabbit......The anticipation in Military aviation is who will be the first Rafale ripper......Israel or Pakistan.
Why would you see a Rafale shooted down by israel? Egypt is now a clear ally of Israel, mainly against the same enemy : the Erdogan's turkey.
I don’t understand the obsession with TVC.
You are right. It adds weight, and if the bird is well studied it's useless, specially with the new short range agile missile.

Well the Aviation circle were discussing of a possible conflict between Israel and Egypt, India and Pakistan and maybe even Qatar and KSA.

There is a very low probability of conflict in sinai, (as there is no obvious reason) whereas South asia is definitely more hot.
Why would you see a Rafale shooted down by israel? Egypt is now a clear ally of Israel, mainly against the same enemy : the Erdogan's turkey.

don't worry your wish will come true, if not one IAF than other IAF definitely will!

We already have 75 F16s, from them 18 are block 52s, we have Jf17s and now Jf17 Block 3s are coming. 250 Jf17s + 75 F16s + 75 Mirages. These 3 platforms should be enough to counter IAF until 2030 when a 5th generation J35/J20/TFX arrived, the billions spent on J10C could have been invested in to J35s.

I assume paf wanted an offensive platform and they had their eyes on f16s block 70s but since that is not possible and Jf17 is defensive jet (less payload, weapons, range etc) so J10C was the best available option. You can use it as a offensive asset and use it for the navy to replace the Mirage. Eurofighter Typhoon was my choice for a 4.5th generation offensive asset.

253 Jf17s
75 f16s
72 J10C

400 4th + 4.5th generation jets till 2035.

Pakistan Naval fighter jet range area.

View attachment 804556

Agreed. Only way I see J10CP numbers being reduced to 36 is if PAF decides to go for 36 J-31/J-35 as an initial order. Until 2025 focus will be on J10C, Project AZM, JF17B3, and upgrading all older JF17s to B3 standards. New AWAC/EW platforms also seems likely Pre-2025. In all the PAF is laying the infrastructural groundwork for the future intraduction of a 5th generation platform. I see the initial induction of atleast a squadron of 5th generations platforms by late the late 2020s

I have stated it before and will state it again. With the J10 procurement it becomes more likely now that the PAF will go full blown ahead with a delta canard designed 5th generation fighter, whether that will be CACs J20 or a redesigned version of the J20 (reduced weight/size) remains to be seen but the PAF has for decades had a close relationship with China's CAC (Producer of F7, JF17, J10, and now J20). The key requirement for the AZM program is a DEEP STRIKE STEALTH PLATFORM. The J20 fits that role far far more than the J31 would... just saying :D

It's not my wish but it was a discussion in some military circles since despite all the hot air, the Rafales apart from some ground strikes without any air opposition hasn't seen any actual combat. I think same applies for Mirage-2000.

Strange news.
I read on some other threads that JF17 was far enough to protect Pakistan from india....

to be seen.

Like MK2 reporting Radar issues during Operation Swift Retort.
It's not my wish but it was a discussion in some military circles since despite all the hot air, the Rafales apart from some ground strikes without any air opposition hasn't seen any actual combat. I think same applies for Mirage-2000.

Food for thought my friend. Let someone increase post numbers.

Strange news.
I read on some other threads that JF17 was far enough to protect Pakistan from india....

to be seen.

Ah, that's quite rich since I remember reading 15 years ago that the "Raptor of the East", MKI would decimate PAF and IAF would rule the skies within hours of the conflict starting. Funny how that turned out when the first punch landed.

"AMRAAM DODGERS" became an official tagline.

I'd stop projecting and maintain some dignity, if your ethos allows it

It probably is, but what's wrong with PAF buying both the J10C and JF-17B3 in a Hi Lo combo. Indian media is massively exaggerating the Rafale angle. Replacement for PAF current F-16 fleet is needed irrespective of IAF procurements. IMO, PAF's F-16's should be sold on the second hand market and replaced with 100 or so J-10C. 100 J-10C's are far more potent then 80 older block F-16's.

Last edited:
It probably is, but what's wrong with PAF buying both the J10C and JF-17B3 in a Hi Lo combo. IMO, Indian media is massively exaggerating the Rafale angle. Replacement for PAF current F-16 fleet is needed irrespective of IAF procurements.

Id much rather have 36 usable limitless J10Cs than 80 odd F16s which are constantly monitored by the US and limited by agreements/computer codes/spares. Numbers mean very little when it comes to usability/maintenance. During or before a conflict the US can easily sanction spare parts for the F16s.

Id much rather have 36 usable limitless J10Cs than 80 odd F16s which are constantly monitored by the US and limited by agreements/computer codes/spares. Numbers mean very little when it comes to usability/maintenance. During or before a conflict the US can easily sanction spare parts for the F16s.
Exactly, Not only are there no strings attached for using J-10C offensively against India, they can be used for naval strike.

Last edited:
PAF ka F16 ka junoon

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
Finally its put to rest. Recent geopolitical environment and Biden's hostile and unwelcoming attitude towards us has put liquid Nitrogen upon "viper wishers". So at last PAF getting the J-10s now.

Now they've realized that honeymoon period with US as seato cento Frontline partner is long gone. We would have to resort to China, Turkey, Ukraine and Russia mainly for defense cooperation. And some western countries who are still willing to cooperate with us in a more sane manner.

Pakistan, Qatar and Turkey should have an annual exercise to be hosted in Turkey. Rafale, S400, J-10c, and J-17 backed by Erieyes and DA-20s should all be on the menu.
They really did those exercises. They conducted trilateral military training in Turkey. Qatar has also deployed some of its Rafales in Turkey for further evaluation :cheesy::cheers:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom