What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

The Russian economy is under a lot of stress due to the west's economic sanctions on one side and military pressure on the other. Right now Russia needs as much bis=iness as possible to support its military buildup against any possible American-led west's aggression, that is why Russians are getting closer to China and due to the past, many years of relationship normalization with Pakistan will sell anything for both financial as well as diplomatic support.

What about rd93ma? Is the jf17 fitted with the improved version? I am surprised j10 comes with Russian engine instead of Chinese!

In addition to local assembly of AESA, J10 comes with AL-31 ToT. We are looking towards a greater russian input in our NGFA program.

Good if true, but that means no TVC in our jets yet!

That’s not entirely true. I think that China in the early 2000s underestimated the pace of economic growth and military modernization that would ensue in the following two decades. Had the economy grown slower PLAAF would have remained a defensive Air Force, and JF-17 would have filled the niche as a bulk J-7 replacement.
No possible. PLAAF do not want complicate logistics. Therefore they have to choose best out of 2.
J-10 brainchild of PLAAF massive effort fitted with many advance technology during that time, like full digital FBW, composite, high thrust turbofan, glass cockpit.

JF-17 ,may excel in ground attack but its not gonna fill the role of J-7 as interceptor. Even without Su-27 flanker in PLAAF, PLAAF that time already equipped with JH-7A. Ground attack role are secondary for J-10.

That’s not entirely true. I think that China in the early 2000s underestimated the pace of economic growth and military modernization that would ensue in the following two decades. Had the economy grown slower PLAAF would have remained a defensive Air Force, and JF-17 would have filled the niche as a bulk J-7 replacement.
PLAAF hate any jet with low MAX-SPEED,they will not accept JF-17 unless they have no chioce.

Last edited:
In addition to local assembly of AESA, J10 comes with AL-31 ToT. We are looking towards a greater russian input in our NGFA program.
I don't want to challenge your sources but why would China let us go ahead with the Al-31 tot and not push it's WS-10 variants with even greater co-operation ? Does the Al-31 have super cruise abilities ?

This is a big news, PAF trust on Chinese engine is not yet achieved..

Secondly if AL31 is coming with ToT them RD93 will be part of package as well.

Third point then there higher chances that AZM NGFA will have Russian engine possibly AL 41

This is a big news, PAF trust on Chinese engine is not yet achieved..

Secondly if AL31 is coming with ToT them RD93 will be part of package as well.

Third point then there higher chances that AZM NGFA will have Russian engine possibly AL 41
Aside from @messiach word is there any confirmation that the engine is an AL31? It seems no one dares ask this question?

Aside from @messiach word is there any confirmation that the engine is an AL31? It seems no one dares ask this question?
You won't have the official confirmation until the fighters arrive in the PAF colors. But if the news turns out to be true, then indeed it is a big development.

While some members might say that the Pakistani trust in the Chinese engine may still not be there hence the AL-31, another way to look at it is well, the airforce is simply much more pleased with the Russian engines, which also puts some questions on the whole narrative of the RD-93 being under powered etc. Who knows :P

You won't have the official confirmation until the fighters arrive in the PAF colors. But if the news turns out to be true, then indeed it is a big development.

While some members might say that the Pakistani trust in the Chinese engine may still not be there hence the AL-31, another way to look at it is well, the airforce is simply much more pleased with the Russian engines, which also puts some questions on the whole narrative of the RD-93 being under powered etc. Who knows :P
So everything is on IF IF IF and rumours...
I remember someone saying f16 V70 were a guarantee and when I questioned it I was abused rotten here.

I think people make big claims and then go silent..this is sure sign its not true as there is no justification to the rumour. The chinese use their own engines why would we select a Russian engine? Doesn't make sense

Back
Top Bottom