What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

100% sure. There are no twin engine jets coming. Sorry but this is just a rumor by someone who doesn’t understand PAF.

Lol. Viper boys will be happy. :P

Jee Sir. It’s just that there’s no incoming 5th Gen… at least for a while.
I didn't say 5th Generation is coming Sir. I said eventually at one point we would have to go for twin engine. If that means after 20 years when we start going for fifth Generation. But it can happen even before that. But Tipu is referring to something else.

My intention was to point out that we shouldn't judge people like they don't understand PAF. I agree that there are people with good analytical skills even living in Canada but then, there are people living within the proximity but can't say a word. I have no other interest but lest not judge the people.

By the way, I missed that someone who said it before? Can you or @Zarvan point to the source.
Yaar. Kher when I say that point about PAF, it’s not a fan boy comment. If you’ve 10 RS. And have recently acquired capacity to interdict enemy at distance by spending 5, you won’t spend the next 5 Rs in an overlapping capacity but in one that augments the new buy. That’s all. There are after all finite resources they’re playing with.

The rest is all up for you folks to decide what’s coming or not.

No. I just prefer seeing where they’re spending money vs not. A twin engine jet comes with infrastructure costs that PAF can ill afford at present. They’ve to perform upgrades elsewhere. It’s simple maths.
Sir the number of weapons we have on order and we are inducting and more we are making and others which are rumored you still want to ask about costs.

Wrote this in 21’

I know it's a rumor, and I know Pakistan will not buy heavy fighters.

I just saw this rumor in Baidu Post Bar in China. I just think these Su-35 in China are more suitable for Pakistan than those in Egypt, and China's sale of Su-35 does not violate the agreement with Russia.

Who said anything about Flanker? twin engine? may be or may be not. How sure you are?

You mean this one?

64581B1D-CB67-4E7E-8790-D412C09672AC.jpeg

Sir the number of weapons we have on order and we are inducting and more we are making and others which are rumored you still want to ask about costs.
Sir, lines of credit, commercial loans - all add up to costs. The above systems are all being paid for and a timeline is being followed. Ofc, costs are a major consideration.

I’m not suggesting there’s not a need for a twin engine jet, just that PAF is following a timeline where they need updates elsewhere first, given their finite resources.

Don’t count them out. If surplus F16s with MLU are offered PAF will pick them up very fast. Even with the new JF17s and J10s, there are another 100+ obsolete aircraft mostly Mirages that need replacement. F16s might still be the best option.
F-16s are still the best option, not because they're better than the j-10, but because PAF has actual combat experience with the F-16s.

Of course, like you said, this all depends on if Pakistan is offered more F-16s in the first place.

If things goes ahead as planned; Pakistan is going full ballistic on this. A deterrence come offensive is about to be displayed making its rival to spend more & more and making it longer for them to even prepare. Conclusively, this is the repeat of checkmate to cold start doctrine way before the other side could start some maneuvers.
Any hint? Now I have an itch.

Please don’t start a flanker rumor after this. There are no twin engine jets coming. Period. :)

abhi tu party shru hui hai ... Flankers are not the only thing with twin engines na? i would never rule out twins especially when it comes to coastal and maritime role

F-16s are still the best option, not because they're better than the j-10, but because PAF has actual combat experience with the F-16s.

Of course, like you said, this all depends on if Pakistan is offered more F-16s in the first place.
Combat experience is one aspect - that platform is known in and out including every aspect of experience. I already wrote this elsewhere that the J-10s that land today will take 5 years to be fully integrated into the combat doctrine and 10 to have complete expertise of the system. Flying and taking it up into the air to fight is one thing but understanding availability rates, avionics and maintenance knowledge along with “nuances” takes a while.
Doesn’t mean they aren’t combat ready but it will only be the pilots from 15sq. A brand new block-72 landing in Pakistan can be taken up into the air by either 5sq, 9 or 11 sq pilots with relatively little training.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom