What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

War time is different from peace time because priorities are different. HOWEVER weather does affect military operations even in a war, and not just in the air. On Land, air and in the sea aswell. This is not stupid, it's a fact of life. Also remember weather is the same for both sides in a war, if it affects you it also affects your enemy. Of course the affects may not have the same result for both sides depending on a lot of factors.
Point taken thanks

A few years back, a Battle of Britain flypast consisting of Second World War fighters and bombers and Eurofighter Typhoons was planned......on the actual day, there was a slight drizzle on......ironically, the WW 2 aircraft did the flypast but the Typhoon failed to appear.
No explanation was given except the rumours that RAF didn't want to unnecessary expose the system to adverse weather.
Reminds me of RAF Tornado missing the time slot for its flying display at Farnborough, and all of us laughed.
But that was due to low clouds.
J-10 will fly way above cloud cover forca ferry flight.
So I am not sols on this reason of delay.

Cloud reason is a bsT one if an airliner can fly in bad weather then 4.5 gen aircraft will also be unaffected by the weather....

Cant PAF pitch f16s against j10 in real time testing to see whats better ?
I only refer to the statement. I think if you were to hold this contest tomorrow the J10 will lose out. If you were to hold it 3-5 yrs from now the J10 will stand a chance to win . the experience of pilots on the platform is an important factor.

Ignore my lack of knowledge but aren't these all weather jets sounds stupid if a war breaks out and we say we can't fly because of weather
Both India and Pakistan employ "fair weather" air forces. During Red Flag exercises, both air forces opted not to fly when weather conditions were demanding.

Both India and Pakistan employ "fair weather" air forces. During Red Flag exercises, both air forces opted not to fly when weather conditions were demanding.
Here in UK, if the air force has similar policy, they will never fly.

Since PAF has inducted J-10Cs in her fleet, it is most appropriate to have a dedicated thread where members can share info or discuss their opinions, instead of doing the same in other irrelevant threads.

One of the hot issues which is under discussion is its engine and TOT. This topic is being aggressively discussed in JF-17 Block 3 thread.

Moderator @The Eagle and PDF Think Tank Consultant @araz are requested to transfer all posts concerning PAF J 10C for ease of other surfing members to gain valuable info about this aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom