What's new

PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad.

I have a question and it may sound a bit crazy. Has there ever been a case where there is a twined engine fighter jet flying and due to a technical fault one engine fails and the other is running to manage the aircraft to be still airborne ?

I have a question and it may sound a bit crazy. Has there ever been a case where there is a twined engine fighter jet flying and due to a technical fault one engine fails and the other is running to manage the aircraft to be still airborne ?
dont know about fighter aircrafts but in commercial jet liners such events have taken place,however lets give u something even more crazy
F-15 survival with one wing completely torn off
F-15 Landing With One Wing
sorry for going off topic...

We don't have any issue regarding twin engine. Amount money - Maintenance cost... check out the corruption money of Pakistan per year and then talk about Funds issue! Pakistan have triple digit $$ corruption of our every small big govt and other organizations.

When we come to threads about strengths of Indian and Pakistani missiles you can try to scare us with your missile threats ...the thread here is "PAF Single engined Doctrine Good or Bad" !!!

i know discussing missiles here is going off topic but when u discuss tactics n strategies u keep all ur options open.pakistan is not a rich country so its sensible to set priorities.if we have missiles for deep strike in enemy territory then y to go for longer ranged air crafts.it will be an additional benefit if we get our hands on long range jets but in present situation when we dont have that much funds so its better to use our available resources sensibly i.e.surface to surface missiles for indian but*s n single engined 4th gen aircraft to chop off the head.off course we cant handle the indian tail as bangaldesh got separated in 71.in 65 we chop of the indian tail as well.hats of to "TAIL CHOPPERS"

you should not waste time on PAF dear we have already some very nice brains in Institute of Strategic Studies, Research and Analysis they are taking salary for think and plan . as i know they think 100000000 times better then you .:D

yes ofcourse they are thinking an planning on how to fill their pockets an their leaders banks. there is no reality in the pakistan armforces. there is racial and cultural, ethnic differences. then you have
religion differences. there are no merits in position nor selection of cadets nor officers only direct connections so i really dont know why we worry to much really there are people who are getting paid to manage an keep all these differences......

yes ofcourse they are thinking an planning on how to fill their pockets an their leaders banks. there is no reality in the pakistan armforces. there is racial and cultural, ethnic differences. then you have
religion differences. there are no merits in position nor selection so i really dont know why we worry to much really there are people who are getting paid to manage all these differences......

That may be the case with your ground-forces. However, i don't believe that your air-force will let themselves be plagued by such trivial issues.

All the time----till it lands---.

"ON 24 Aug 09, Sqn Ldr SV Saharan(25065-T) F(P) was authorised to fly a two
aircraft PI mission on a MiG-29 aircraft. During rejoin, the pilot realised that
the left engine RPM did not reduce below 84% with throttle at idle. He decided to
switch off the engine and carry out a single engine recovery. While switching off
the HP ccock of the engine, RPM dropped to idle and the engine did not switch off.
Despite this, Sqn Ldr Saharan carried out a single engine landing with the RH engine
(LH engine producing idle power). Subsequently, the pilot cleared off the runway
and switched off the right engine. The afflicted engine was switched off by Sqn Ldr
P Bajpai AE(M) SEO manually on ground once the aircraft came to a stop."

Source: Indian Airforce official Website - http://indianairforce.nic.in/fsmagazines/Jun10.pdf

single or twin depends on whats available.
F-6, A-5, B-57 are some examples of twin-engine a/c operated by the PAF. the preference may be single but the history says otherwise. so doctrine may be too hard a word to use. there is no hard and fast rule. like i said, depends on whats available.

Hi,

The argument of the thread--single tail or twin tail----when the originator of the thread started this----the question was regarding aircraft similiar to the F15, su30, mig29, etc----and not the wonders of obsolete technology the F6's and A5's----it was about the right in your face air superiority air dominance fighters. The example of B57---god almighty---what a joke----. Is there a limit to one's stupidity----.

Can someone yank the handles on the ejector seat-----

While IAF has the luxury of spending more money on military equipment, PAF does not. Pakistan Armed Forces have always been defensive. They have never invested too much to make the military a true power or an impressive offensive force. Considering this, It is unlikely that PAF would want a very expensive highly advanced twin engine aircraft. The current F-16s and ordered of j-10 will be good at least for that matter. Because India has to compete with both neighbors (Pakistan and China),It needs such advanced aircraft.

This single engine & light weight fighters by PAF is bad they should stop & now they should look at heavy weight & twin engine fighters.

This single engine & light weight fighters by PAF is bad they should stop & now they should look at heavy weight & twin engine fighters.

and why should they do it ? single engine jets with low cost low maintain cost and low flying cost with 4000KG - 4500kg loaded with BVRs WWRs ANTISHIP ATG missiles working well for every operation we need to use them so why we buy some heavy fighter ?

As JF17 is big success and step forward in right direction, we desperatly need J11 flankers, i think we should go for atleat 100, we dont have any cover for navy than again from east to west we are surrounded by enemies so we must not take any chance
Let's finish corruption, utilize resources properly and be bold

how deep indian sukhois can penetrate into pakistan with their twin engines n large sizes without detection by pakisani radars and awacs???twin engines jets with their huge RCS can't be at thier full potential till suppresion of enemy radars.having twin engines doesnt mean that the sukhois have got a ticket of free ride into pak.the moment they will be detected they will be fired upon by SAMs n BVRAAM from our fighters.same will be the situation if our "twin" engines jets cross the border,if we get any.so its gud for PAF continue its policy of single engined jets n let ballistic missiles do deep penetration "ejaculation" inside india.

Back
Top Bottom