What's new

PAF takes air space control over Lahore, Rawalpindi & Islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems clear, reading this thread, that Pakistan is ready to go to war with India given the slightest, teeniest, excuse to do so. Don't you guys realize it's 1971 all over again, where your country is going to war where thousands must die just to protect a handful of guilty men from scrutiny? I'm a history buff, but I don't want to write a new chapter about yet another Indus civilization that suffered and was destroyed through the stubbornness of its leaders and the complacency of its people.

It seems clear, reading this thread, that Pakistan is ready to go to war with India given the slightest, teeniest, excuse to do so. Don't you guys realize it's 1971 all over again, where your country is going to war where thousands must die just to protect a handful of guilty men from scrutiny? I'm a history buff, but I don't want to write a new chapter about yet another Indus civilization that suffered and was destroyed through the stubbornness of its leaders and the complacency of its people.

You are right, not just based on this thread but also based on statements by GoP PM Gilani. He issued a statement that we are ready for war in the event it happens while Indian ministers categorically said we will not go to war.

I think you should keep your history lessons to yourself, we have seen how much history lessons have progressed regular American minds. And learn about 1971 and the geographical differences of the two Pakistans' and the internal problems. And sorry to burst your bubble, but after the Mumbai attacks orchestrated by Indians themselves, our tribal elders have said they will put aside their differences and help the Armed Forces fight our common enemy India by forming a Lashkar, its happened before and it will happen again. If you were such a history buff you would have read up on that before opening you mouth.

And the last but least, you should worry about American civilization and the complete **** the economy is in, before you focus on others problems which doesn't concern the US in any way shape or forum, and stick your noses out of others problems.

And most of all you should learn to read both sides and what they have been saying, and who's been threatening who since those Mumbai attacks.

Last edited:
You are right, not just based on this thread but also based on statements by GoP PM Gilani. He issued a statement that we are ready for war in the event it happens while Indian ministers categorically said we will not go to war.

I think you should open more internet browsers and read what the Pakistan leadership has been saying, "We don't want war, but if thrust upon us we are ready to defend". Unless you can't comprehend simple English I'm sorry. So don't twist things around to suite your needs.

You should tell your leadership and the countrys' #1 whore Gandhi to keep her mouth shut.

well 1971 was totally different. our own ppl were against us and india took advantage from the situation to fulfill her old desires. also it was almost impossible to support the troops in east pakistan bec of more than 1000km of indian territory in between.
also when indian leaders give statements in which they threaten pakistan everyday, what do u expect pakistanis to do. not say anything and sit???????
if u wanna see who is ready to go to war then read the statements of the leaders from both countries. and look at who is violating whose air space.

if there is war between PAKISTAN and INDIA now or in coming 3 to 4 years ,it will turn into WW3 ........

I think you should open more internet browsers and read what the Pakistan leadership has been saying, "We don't want war, but if thrust upon us we are ready to defend". Unless you can't comprehend simple English I'm sorry. So don't twist things around to suite your needs.

While India categorically said we are not going for War, then where does thrusting war upon Pakistan comes or your PM is hallucinating that India is going for war and making such statements.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's air force on Monday scrambled fighter jets over several major cities in a sign of increased 'vigilance,' following last month's deadly attacks on Mumbai.

'In the current environment, PAF has enhanced its vigilance,' chief air force spokesman Air Commodore Humaun Viqar Zephyr told AFP.

Residents in the capital Islamabad, the nearby garrison city of Rawalpindi and the eastern city of Lahore made panicked telephone calls to media outlets to ask about the low-flying fighter jets.

Two civilian flights were delayed due to the air force's exercise, an airline official said.

'Two of our flights were delayed for some time because the PAF was conducting some exercises but now everything is back on normal,' said Muhammad Latif, a spokesman for Pakistan International Airlines, referring to the air force (PAF).

The flights were delayed at the airport in Lahore, near the Indian border, Latif said, while dismissing television news channel reports of a high alert at Pakistani airports.

Pakistan last week summoned a senior Indian diplomat in Islamabad to protest against recent alleged airspace violations by Indian warplanes.

Indian fighter jets had crossed into Pakistani airspace over Kashmir and Punjab province, the government said on Dec 13.

Pakistan said its own fighter jets were scrambled to chase off the intruders, but it also played down the incident by describing the violations as 'technical' and 'inadvertent.'

India denied any violation of Pakistani airspace.

Pakistan wants peace, not war but if war is imposed then we know how to defend the country. War is not in the interest of both Pakistan and India, however, Pakistan has the capability to defend itself and the armed forces of Pakistan are fully alert.

Pakistan wants peace, not war but if war is imposed then we know how to defend the country. War is not in the interest of both Pakistan and India, however, Pakistan has the capability to defend itself and the armed forces of Pakistan are fully alert.

There is no problem in being alert and PA is doing the right thing by being alert to defend its country.

While India categorically said we are not going for War, then where does thrusting war upon Pakistan comes or your PM is hallucinating that India is going for war and making such statements.

Linkinpark,

The PM is alluding to "in case of strikes against Pakistani territory". As long as that does not happen, there is no war.

1971 was totally different. our own ppl were against us

Who are the terrorists in FATA if not "our own people"?

while Indian ministers categorically said we will not go to war.

I don't trust what Indian ministers say. I prefer to look at what they do. I also remember 1971 as an occasion when India asserted itself and even hinted at conquering Pakistan. Nixon sent a fleet into the Bay of Bengal as a deterrent.

Yet NOTHING could have stopped Pakistan from breaking apart once its army began committing large-scale crimes against its own population - crimes ordered by higher-ups who were never called to account. In despair that justice would be done, Bangladeshis were compelled to strike out on their own. They knew that Pakistan wasn't for them.

our tribal elders have said they will put aside their differences and help the Armed Forces fight our common enemy India by forming a Lashkar, its happened before and it will happen again. If you were such a history buff you would have red up on that

I know of lashkars, but how does that change things?

when indian leaders give statements in which they threaten pakistan everyday, what do u expect pakistanis to do. not say anything and sit?

No, I expect you to call India's bluff if Pakistan is innocent, and to apologize and cease supporting terrorist evil if not. If India then ramps up its demands, then you can call on the world for sympathy, not before. There is EVERY sign to this observer that the ISI wants war in order to protect its own skin and rob the civilian government of its authority - pity that Zardari doesn't see this clearly and call upon his constituency for support in the the streets. If he could make the same leap the Philippines' Aquino did, all would be well.

Everybody dies what's your point.

I think government should serve the people, not the other way 'round. This war is necessary only to protect the guilty from justice, not to protect the people of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom