What's new

PAF to roll out 2nd squadron of JF-17 fighter jets

air marshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PAF to roll out 2nd squadron of JF-17 fighter jets by end of month
March 8, 2011

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Airforce enhancing its production capacity of JF_17 thunder fighter jets would roll out second squadron of the fighter jets by the end of this month.

Pakistani JF-17 Thunder aircraft is an advanced multi-role light combat aircraft jointly developed by Chengdu and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex under a strategic collaboration project. The aircraft is designed to be cost-effective and can meet the tactical and strategic needs of the Pakistan Air Force, and various other air forces.

According to defense sources quoted by a private TV channel, the production capacity of these fighter jets would be enhanced by the PAF and 50 such fighter jets would be produced in Pakistan by the end of this year.

The sources also told that the JF-17 thunder fighter jets would replace the A-5 fighter jet bombers Pakistan has invested US $600 million in this project to induct a new generation of multiple-role jet fighters in the PAF’s inventory.

ONLINE - International News Network

PAF to roll out 2nd squadron of JF-17 fighter jets by end of month
March 8, 2011

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Airforce enhancing its production capacity of JF_17 thunder fighter jets would roll out second squadron of the fighter jets by the end of this month.

Pakistani JF-17 Thunder aircraft is an advanced multi-role light combat aircraft jointly developed by Chengdu and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex under a strategic collaboration project. The aircraft is designed to be cost-effective and can meet the tactical and strategic needs of the Pakistan Air Force, and various other air forces.

According to defense sources quoted by a private TV channel, the production capacity of these fighter jets would be enhanced by the PAF and 50 such fighter jets would be produced in Pakistan by the end of this year.

The sources also told that the JF-17 thunder fighter jets would replace the A-5 fighter jet bombers Pakistan has invested US $600 million in this project to induct a new generation of multiple-role jet fighters in the PAF’s inventory.

ONLINE - International News Network

i really do wish our media learns to report correctly!

i really do wish our media learns to report correctly!

Sir Ji, I did learn somewhere to this effect and also the No.5 Squadron will be converting and standing up with the new Block-52s around the same time.

very good news indeed . congratulation to Pakistani on their success .:pakistan:

'By the end of this month'

Is it gonna be the jet or just prototype for testing?

Well PAF does operate 30 JF17 , My guess is that 2nd Sqd will be raised when fighter available for this sqd reach 14(currently they have 12) , there after the number would be increased to 18 aircraft for the sqd in the next few months

Well PAF does operate 30 JF17 , My guess is that 2nd Sqd will be raised when fighter available for this sqd reach 14(currently they have 12) , there after the number would be increased to 18 aircraft for the sqd in the next few months

Who said we had 12 jets? they just rolled out 4 jets few weeks or months back.Thts 16 jets......... Now they will roll out 20 jets( according to Chief of air staff) thts 2 sqds.......18+18.

Il take the word of COAS over urs anytime.

great news.

bt the year end 50?

hmm it means that 2011 is the last year of JFT block I production

i think announcement made by paf is late they are already working on last 20 for 50 blk1 cuz new facility is being built they are doing it bcoz of secrecy ...

Mashallah these days seems to be all news from the defence sector of our armed forces are bringing nothing but music to my ears not to include joy awsome keep bringing it lolz ;) :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom