What's new

Pak Breaks All Export Records $18.66 Billion

Australian exports are actually over $480 Billion and thats thanks to the mining industry that has appox 60% share.

View attachment 811156

International Tourism alone brought in A$44.6B (USD $31.92B) for Australia during 2018-19. ( after that due to covid it went down to almost 0%)

Forget Australia, Even Bangladesh has more exports than Pakistan

View attachment 811160

That was a different time and different people, Pakistanis then were newly independent and there wasn't this BS about Sindhi, Punjabi, Mahajir etc. Karachi was progressing because it was running on merit and not quota system. Now Pakistan has changed, people are lazy, corrupt, religiously & ethnically fanatic, you can actually get the glimpse of it on PDF.
Pakistani mining and minerals sector has only just started to get going. IMO, Bangladesh and India will struggle to have high energy sector growth....and this will start limiting them over the next 25 years. Pakistan has far more room to expand.

The figures you have quoted are Australian Dollars not USD. However still different websites still have different reported figure. The link I picked from reports 284 Billion USD for 2019. Whatever the amount be, we are way behind the world. And our people just don't understand.

You are right, my bad, the figures were in Aussie $$. However if converted to USD that would equate to $343.5 Billion. These are the official numbers from the Aussie govt.

Still no Paypal in Pakistan. No secure payment system. Asad Umer promised to bring Paypal for Pakistan. Then it was said that government is working on their own international payment system, still no progress? maybe it has something to do with FATF that we are having issues with international transactions. Without something like Paypal, we can never see an IT boom in Pakistan. Period.

I read somewhere that paypal refused the offer to come to Pakistan.

Pakistani mining and minerals sector has only just started to get going. IMO, Bangladesh and India will struggle to have high energy sector growth....and this will start limiting them over the next 25 years. Pakistan has far more room to expand.
But every year we delay the window on our demographic dividend shrinks, and our competitors build up their their advantages, while we lose by standing still or moving slowly. At least, thankfully, economic security has been elevated to the highest priority, and hopefully with agricultural modernization under Phase 2 of CPEC (because apparently our own internal dynamics undermine independent intitiatives), we can get the ball rolling in other sectors soon afterwards.

But honestly I see Pakistan as a much changed Pakistan compared with what I left decades ago, with the exception of more of pockets of fanatics like the TLP types. People tend to form queues more than before. And there are great highways. I see agriculture machinery which I had not seen before.

Many people tend to get surprised by the agriculture machinery in use, locals too, the urbanites. The highways(Motorways) are the best in the region and comparable to the best around.

Last edited:

Imran Khan Brings "Job Fair" Scheme To Empowering Youth Into Pakistan's Job Market​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom