What's new

Pak to give India railway access to Central Asian states

Hi,
I think if Pakistan gives access to India it will be good for both countries, may be not in near future but in the long run yes, may be Russia will also realize the strategic importance of Pakistan then. It is a good move if it gets to be materialized, Pakistan need to stand on its feet first then think of any enmity, if i am not wrong that was the same suggestion given by China to Pakistan, if China wanted Taiwan it could have taken it easily, but China is concentrating on enhancing her economy at the moment, so should Pakistan.

Has anyone seen the monitory angle? Pakistan needs to transport goods. we indians would be investing of course with some of insurance from pakistan ,

Pakistan have the route we have the money as of now. so whats wrong lets use it temporarily

Agreed. I dont see any reason to give them access to our railways, other than their economic dependancy on us, when India undermines and attacks Pakistan both diplomatically and physically at every chance it gets.

I think Pakistan will charge a hefty amount if at all India uses it which i seriously doubt.

India is planning to bring its oil/gas pipeline underwater from Iran instead of making it run through Pakistan.This shows the level of mistrust.

NO route to india! we saw indias true intentions after the attack on mumbai! YOU stopped the peace process! YOU cannot have a route through pakistan until you solve kashmir,water,sir creek & siachen disputes!

if you got a way through iran please go via iran we don't care! lets see how feasible that is!

as for us selling good trust me for our size we have a pretty decent export variety of items!

OUR EXPORTS TO U.S ONLY ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Of the $3.7 billion in American imports from Pakistan in 2006, the following product categories had the highest values.

1. Cotton apparel & household furnishings …US$2.6 billion (70.6% of Pakistani to U.S. exports, up 18.6% from 2005)
2. Cotton cloth & fabrics (threads, cordage) … $351 million (9.6%, down 5.6%)
3. Other textiles apparel & household furnishings … $138.3 million (3.8%, down 11.6%)
4. Textile floor coverings including rugs … $122.1 million (3.3%, down 2.1%)
5. Non-textile apparel & household furnishings … $81.4 million (2.2%, up 7.2%)
6. Sporting & camping apparel, footwear & gear … $61.2 million (1.7%, up 4.7%)
7. Other scientific, medical & hospital equipment … $37.9 million (1%, up 10.4%)
8. Toys, bicycles and other sporting goods … $34.4 million (0.9%, up 16.5%)
9. Synthetic cloth & fabrics (threads, cordage) … $23.7 million (0.6%, down 39.1%)
10. Cookware, cutlery, house & garden wares including tools … $21.4 million (0.6%, up 10.2%).

Read more at Suite101: Top Pakistani Exports & Imports: Most Popular Products Traded Between Pakistan & America Top Pakistani Exports & Imports: Most Popular Products Traded Between Pakistan & America

ALL these are without the mention of our main exports

rice, furniture, cotton fiber, textiles, leather etc.

so as for india trying to tell us this railway route is good for us they can go shove it!!

india pulled out of the iran pakistan india gas pipeline too! now tell me how was that economically good for india???

No need to get excited.. Pakistan will do whats best in its interest? So ranting about all the issues we have is of no use.

BTW why I am surprised that this news appeared right after your politicians are in US discussing the Nuke deal? Does any body else see Iran angle here? Is it a ploy to distance India from using Iran's Chabahar port and getting access to CAR anyways?

On the side note, whether Pakistan gives Rail access or not India will in any case reach CAR region. Also Keep in mind its not that India is not trading with CAR countries,It is already there. so chill..

News not confirmed...and cyber war is on.......Pakistanis love to bask in the glory of the presumed importance they assume they enjoy when discussing such topics........and Indians just can't stop selling the idea to them.......are bhai Ganje ko kangha nahi chahiye.....to tum log zabardasti kaise bech loge.......

Pakistan's rail network is anyways in Pathetic condition ...it can't support the load that it already it has to handle.....so using that for Indian goods transport would be a waste of time ...no one knows when the rails go out of order and the whole arrangement goes bezerk.

Outdated system affecting train drivers | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Proposals submitted to resolve Railways crises | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

And this one is for Pakistanis who think that Pakistan Rail tracks are not being used for trade between India and Pakistan...
Lahore-Attari goods train thrice a day | Top News

Ah oh my god who is saying Pakistani rail tracks are not used for Indo-Pak trade.

We are talkingh about giving any land route to India through Pakistan.

And its better to stop the nonsense ideas before these are materialised.

I think Pakistan will charge a hefty amount if at all India uses it which i seriously doubt.

India is planning to bring its oil/gas pipeline underwater from Iran instead of making it run through Pakistan.This shows the level of mistrust.

That is to save your funded terrorism movement in Balochistan because if anyone is blowing oil, gaslines there that is BLA terrorists and in case Indian oil, gas line is going through Balochistan, your friends from BLA will be feeling crippled to blow it. It means that would be an end to BLA low level terrorism.

That was and is cheap publicity stunt nothing more than that. We have seen many lies and BS anti-Pak shi.t on ToI which doesnt sit well with this aman ka tamasha

Jana, just cool down and relax a bit and tell me how TOI came in discussion? Its not even reported in TOI its on Dailytimes your very own newspaper so why TOI obsession?

the best option would be transport via Iran and also have pakistan. in case of problems with pakistan we should be ready with the plan with IRAN. Along with that in the coming days when stability is established in Afghanistan we can setup devlopment and production centers their which would be exclusive for the overseas market.

Till then lets use Pakistan routes. Once we are done we can switch over...:cheers:

as far as i know we are already doing that......

we have been developing 1 deep sea port @ Chabahar Iran.....

India, Iran and Afghanistan have signed an agreement to give Indian goods, heading for Central Asia and Afghanistan, preferential treatment and tariff reductions at Chabahar

Work on the Chabahar - Milak - Zaranj - Dilaram route from Iran to Afghanistan is in progress. Iran is with Indian aid upgrading the Chabahar-Milak road and constructing a bridge on the route to Zaranj. India's BRO is laying the 213-kilometer Zaranj-Dilaram road. It is a part of aid package to Afghanistan.

Last edited:
very bad news and i am sure its not gonnai happen :P

Providing Access to CAS is like competition in your own markets

Pakistan's rail network is anyways in Pathetic condition ...it can't support the load that it already it has to handle.....so using that for Indian goods transport would be a waste of time ...no one knows when the rails go out of order and the whole arrangement goes bezerk.

Outdated system affecting train drivers | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Proposals submitted to resolve Railways crises | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

To the above add the following :

Minister advises passengers to recite Durood Sharif in trains

HYDERABAD: Minister of State for Railways Muhammad Jadam Mangrio advised the passengers to recite Durood Sharif while traveling by trains.

Speaking to newsmen here on Monday, he said railway track is outdated, while trains and railway lines are also in appalling state.

as far as i know we are already doing that......

we have been developing 1 deep sea port @ Chabahar Iran.....

India, Iran and Afghanistan have signed an agreement to give Indian goods, heading for Central Asia and Afghanistan, preferential treatment and tariff reductions at Chabahar

Work on the Chabahar - Milak - Zaranj - Dilaram route from Iran to Afghanistan is in progress. Iran is with Indian aid upgrading the Chabahar-Milak road and constructing a bridge on the route to Zaranj. India's BRO is laying the 213-kilometer Zaranj-Dilaram road. It is a part of aid package to Afghanistan.

good for you! you all are missing the point little boys getting all tangled up in excitement!

the point is your goods have to sail from bombay or whereever go around our sea route demarcation and then head into iran! that my friend increases your costs and time to destination!!

i know you guys are already trading with Central Asia its not like ancient world where there is no way to access central asia! BUT having said that making you waste resources and time is worth it until you solve all the outstanding issues! :coffee:

:wave:

YOU want to ease tensions! well let me tell you how to do that! stop blaming us for stuff!! stop telling us crazy immautre "warnings" like we will deal with you swiftly if someone touches us!
STOP doing those 'stuff' and we will stop blaming you.

solve kashmir,siachen & sir creek!
Yes. lets solve it our way. Give up your claim on kashmir, siachen and sir creek. Stop meddling in our affairs.

DON'T build dams on our water!
OK. We will build dams on 'our water':agree:

trust me NO tensions would remain!
:disagree:

then we will gladly give you your railway line! :coffee:
Actually I feel I don't think moving goods to Central Asia Via Pakistan is a good idea. People forget that Pakistan doesn't border central asian countries directly. There is Afghanistan in between. There is no railway line linking pakistan-afghanistan border with central asian countries. Afghanistan will not come out of the mess its in now for a long time, for any railway line to be built in near future.
For India, to access central asia, the best option will be via Iran. We have good relationship with Iran. We are developing a deep sea port in Chabar. Iran shares borders with most central asian countries. Chabar is well connected port to central asia. Its easy to transport goods by sea, rather than rail. All the ports in peninsular India can be used to transport the goods. This will not choke the Indian railways which is already over burdened. Using sea to evacuate goods from India is better.
Also, having only one country to pass through will make the goods cheaper when they reach central asia. Every country the goods pass through will make the goods more expensive because of customs duties and taxes every time they pass the borders.
So, even if Pakistan offers rail/road link to central asia, India should say 'Thanks, but no thanks'

I have never herd of any plans to put a pipeline under the ocean. This sounds like loony toon cartoon plan to me.

and secondly, land or sea. The pipeline will have to go through Pakistani territory. India was offered partnership for this pipeline but it opted out so now the pipeline is for Pakistan only and maybe China if it happens.

STOP doing those 'stuff' and we will stop blaming you.

Yes. lets solve it our way. Give up your claim on kashmir, siachen and sir creek. Stop meddling in our affairs.

OK. We will build dams on 'our water':agree:

:disagree:

doing "stuff" prove that PAKISTAN GOVERNMENT is involved in terrorism!! tried as you could to put everything on ISI and government of pakistan after mumbai attack and you failed misreably!! and nothing was proved about government or ISI involvement!

yes let's solve it our way why don't you great rising shinning india give up your claim to these territories?:chilli:

your water sure build dams on them then don't cry later when things go the way you plan! :coffee:

good for you! you all are missing the point little boys getting all tangled up in excitement!

the point is your goods have to sail from bombay or whereever go around our sea route demarcation and then head into iran! that my friend increases your costs and time to destination!!

i know you guys are already trading with Central Asia its not like ancient world where there is no way to access central asia! BUT having said that making you waste resources and time is worth it until you solve all the outstanding issues! :coffee:

:wave:

a lot of those land-locked Central Asian (former communist soviet states) are a lot more open to trade and commercial relations with other countries, especially Pakistan --- except maybe Uzbekistan which is a VERY VERY closed and self-isolated country, with ultra protectionist measures in place.

We have a lot to offer those countries, where other nearby rivals lack or fall behind. It'll just take leadership and being assertive.

india represents little threat if we can focus also more on value-added goods rather than raw textiles.....their goods wont magically appear at Chahbahar port, they still have to ship them over there. Their aircrafts, and their merchandise travelling our railways should no way be allowed near/in this country.

and in the (disturbingly likely) event that this unpatriotic administration allows such 'initiative' to go through, then we should definately not pay for the security of those trains; and it should be clear to indian that they are engaging in a lot of business risk.

There will be people who will keep their eyes out for those trains. Some of them, may be armed. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom