What's new

Pak woman loses legal fight to stay in India with family

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite sad, I hope the government looks into the case and let her stay on compassionate grounds.

This would become norm then since in courts during arguments ,previous rulings of courts are cited very regularly.You can't undermine the law of land to appease someone.

India is a country of emotional fools .

She or more so her parents should've thought of these things before marrying an Indian & vice versa for the ones who married a Pakistani & left for Pakistan !

Legally if shes an illegal immigrants after her visa expired then she should be kicked out !

She or more so her parents should've thought of these things before marrying an Indian & vice versa for the ones who married a Pakistani & left for Pakistan !

Legally if shes an illegal immigrants after her visa expired then she should be kicked out !

she might have married out of love, I dont think she was going around seeking an Indian to marry. There are others who have succeeded but she might have abused her visa norms.

Why didn't she applied for Indian citizenship.

I did not get the head or tail of the story. Why was she jailed. Why does she want to go back to pakistan instead of fighting. Why is the husband letting her go?

From what I can gather from the article she overstayed her visa initially. Once someone overstays then applies no matter which country their new application is weakened as they showed disdain for the law in the first place. She should have gone back to Pakistan before visa expiry then applied on grounds of marriage.

Secondary fact is when she was sentenced by the courts she professed a preference to return to Pakistan then submit to Indian law(in the eyes of the Law this is another blow to her case)

Basically she has been making wrong choices from day one. Either she gets huge sympathy here, or give respect to the law and return to Pakistan and apply from Pakistan on grounds of marriage to an Indian. As she should have done from day one.

But if the media wrote the article as I have done then no mirch masala :azn:

Wtf. After 30 years she is being deported ?? Something is fishy here. The ruling by the court that because she said that she would rather be deported to Pakistan than be sent to jail justifies its decision is also absurd. If I faced deportation to Pakistan or an Indian jail I would also choose Pakistan. The woman became a naturalised citizen by virtue of her children being Indian citizens

No. There are 2 possible scenarios.
1. Her complete family moves to Pakistan and provided Pakistani citizenship.
2. She stays in India with family and granted Indian citizenship.
Gop and Goi should take up the case and settle it.
Noway they should be separated and if they are it'll be shameful for both of our govts.

Sadly the husband cannot just up and go to Pakistan with her because Pakistan will give him the same hassles. This is one area where Pakistan and India need to acknowledge faults and rectify.

Wtf. After 30 years she is being deported ?? Something is fishy here. The ruling by the court that because she said that she would rather be deported to Pakistan than be sent to jail justifies its decision is also absurd. If I faced deportation to Pakistan or an Indian jail I would also choose Pakistan. The woman became a naturalised citizen by virtue of her children being Indian citizens

You seems to be knowing more about laws than sitting judge himself.:tup:

You seems to be knowing more about laws than sitting judge himself.:tup:

Umm sitting judges do make mistakes hence the appeal procedures available. And yes, I do hold qualifications in the Indian legal fratenity for your information :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom