What's new

Pak woman loses legal fight to stay in India with family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that is the exception, rather than the norm.... thats the only reason it made the news... yes occasionally these rules might be twisted in both countries for extenuating/special circumstances.... but usually both countries have citizenship laws which are next to impossible to crack for the other nation...

We had been granting on and of.

Dont know why India will not be granting her the same when you guys are willingly taking Hindus from Pakistan :) and activly supporting doing away with all laws of India to accomodate them

Dont know why India will not be granting her the same when you guys are willingly taking Hindus from Pakistan :) and activly supporting doing away with all laws of India to accomodate them

Hindus are welcome especially when they are try to seek asylum , some hindus from members still fighting for asylum in india.

Bangladesh writer seek asylum in india, which only given if life is under threat in his/her own country. Hindus facing life threat in PAK so they can easily seek asylum.

There are plenty of pakistani women living in places such as UP, Delhi and Rajasthan. I believe what he was trying to say, is that the reason why this made news was because it was out of the norm. Usually the law is lax to different nationalities (including pakistan) of getting visas if you are married to an Indian national. As for taking pakistani Hindus and Sikhs in, India has no policies on refugees seeking asylum. Therefore anyone can seek asylum, however that also doesn't mean that the person will be granted citisenship.

Not really, we would rather want them to stay in Pakistan, but they will become extinct in Pakistan like dinosaurs with all the systematic killing and raping of Hindus that goes on there everyday. What we do with Pak Hindus is similar to what Bangladeshis did with Rohingya muslims refugees of burma. I personally would want to exchange Indian Muslims for Pak Hindus, but that is a discussion for another day....

2ndly... i agree with our rules. India and Pakistan are seperate nations, and Pak is a nation that has always harmed us. If out of close to 3.5 billion women in this planet, some indian thinks its a good idea to marry a pakistani when there are many more choices... then he must also face the consequences of his/her poor choice...

I am old-fashioned patriot in that way... i personally am not a big fan of all this new found love and "aman ki asha" and all this indo-pak marriages and romances like Sania Mirza- Shoaib Malik or Ashmit Patel-Veena Malik etc... To me both (patel and sania) of them are traitors...

There are plenty of pakistani women living in places such as UP, Delhi and Rajasthan. I believe what he was trying to say, is that the reason why this made news was because it was out of the norm. Usually the law is lax to different nationalities (including pakistan) of getting visas if you are married to an Indian national. As for taking pakistani Hindus and Sikhs in, India has no policies on refugees seeking asylum. Therefore anyone can seek asylum, however that also doesn't mean that the person will be granted citisenship.

how it was out of the norm?

she is married to an Indian. lived in india for 30 years have kids and now you are expelling her?

Not really, we would rather want them to stay in Pakistan, but they will become extinct in Pakistan like dinosaurs with all the systematic killing and raping of Hindus that goes on there everyday. What we do with Pak Hindus is similar to what Bangladeshis did with Rohingya muslims refugees of burma. I personally would want to exchange Indian Muslims for Pak Hindus, but that is a discussion for another day....

2ndly... i agree with our rules. India and Pakistan are seperate nations, and Pak is a nation that has always harmed us. If out of close to 3.5 billion women in this planet, some indian thinks its a good idea to marry a pakistani when there are many more choices... then he must also face the consequences of his/her poor choice...

I am old-fashioned patriot in that way... i personally am not a big fan of all this new found love and "aman ki asha" and all this indo-pak marriages and romances like Sania Mirza- Shoaib Malik or Ashmit Patel-Veena Malik etc... To me both (patel and sania) of them are traitors...

And Rajiv Gandhi ? :laugh:

how it was out of the norm?

she is married to an Indian. lived in india for 30 years have kids and now you are expelling her?

And Rajiv Gandhi ? :laugh:

What I meant to say is that the court's ruling was out of the norm. Hence the reason why it made the news.

Law of land should prevail.Go back lady to your motherland.Illegal immigrants are burden for my already overpopulated country.
tell that to the children and the husband.
very easy to blare out nationalistic sentiments when its happening to others.
please have some compassion. it will not kill our country or increase our population by ten-folds.
and unlike the BD migrants , she is a singular (almost) case and has been staying for more than 30 years.

Any chance she can be allowed to stay with her family?

I don't see why not. There are literally hundreds of cases of pakistani women married to an Indian national living happily for years. Why should her case be any different?

Any chance she can be allowed to stay with her family?

Not much chance. Once the courts decide like this, intervention becomes difficult (not impossible). The woman overstayed her visa, once one goes down that route, most countries would force the person out. Overstaying a visa is a pretty reckless thing to do if one wishes to apply for a citizenship in a country. She assumed that the courts will look the other way, she was wrong. It is not about this particular case, the courts have ruled correctly here. Any leniency would open up a pandora's box & no one wants that. This should have been handled administratively earlier. People criticising the courts here have no real idea of how a judicial system works. What did they expect would happen? That a court would simply throw out the law & set a dangerous precedent simply because the women has been living illegally here for a long time?

This issue is only present for poor people, rich aristocrat don't face any issues. 2 such examples.

Vivek Narain - Hindu Indian and Sonya Jehan Rizvi Muslim Pakistani.... no issues, she stays comfortably in Mumbai now for the last 10-15 years and probably an Indian citizen now.

sonya-jehan-may04.JPG

Sania Mirza stays in Lahore now and probably soon will get Pakistan citizenship if she wants.

sania-mirza-Shoaib-Malik-wedding-reception-7.jpg

Sadly only the poor people faces these laws, court issues and stuff.

NO ! They follow the law it is simple. Nothing emotional. I can marry a Pakistani girl and then live in India I just have to provide all the forms and legal requirements. Medical exams(they also check if the girl is pregnant) Police clearence, properly filled forms. If all is done well then no issues. I have dealt with authorities all around the world India is no better and no worse. In fact I have got some of my fastest results in India.

PS: being pregnant affects some of the tests such as X-Ray cannot be done, this does not affect her application but may delay the process not usually for married couples.

Not much chance. Once the courts decide like this, intervention becomes difficult (not impossible). The woman overstayed her visa, once one goes down that route, most countries would force the person out. Overstaying a visa is a pretty reckless thing to do if one wishes to apply for a citizenship in a country. She assumed that the courts will look the other way, she was wrong. It is not about this particular case, the courts have ruled correctly here. Any leniency would open up a pandora's box & no one wants that. This should have been handled administratively earlier. People criticising the courts here have no real idea of how a judicial system works. What did they expect would happen? That a court would simply throw out the law & set a dangerous precedent simply because the women has been living illegally here for a long time?

The news said her husband claims they have all documents which show that they had applied for extention as well as citizenship but to no avail.

there are many illegals staying in India and they also vote in Indian elections. This is funny that the Indian law is only for Pakistanis and that too Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom