What's new

Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force

this is a highly biased article , which in my opinion holds no credibility . how can the PAF with barely 80 fourth gen fighters be better than the IAF which currently has 280 + fourth gen fighter? not to mention the newer fighter which will be joining the AF in the next few years. .

no this is just another feel good article written for local consumption.

It appears as though the author has written this article with quantitative superiority in mind. By that factor alone, the VVS is technically superior to the PLAAF, even though the reality is that half the Russian combat aircraft are barely flight worthy. The Su-30MKI fleet alone surpasses the number of active modern aircraft with the PAF, squadron numbers be damned.

Besides, if said event should occur, it wouldn't be the PAF "achieving" superiority over the IAF so much as it would be India gifting superiority to the PAF, due to governmental inadequacies. And those damn MiG-21s.

Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force ~ ASIAN DEFENSE

The Indian media has expressed shock and dismay over the revelations that the IAF will lose its superiority to the PAF within the next one to two years. The crisis hit Indian Armed Forces, rocked by various scams, corruption allegations and infighting, seems to have overlooked the procurement of much needed fighter aircraft, which is needed to guard its skies. At present, the IAF is operating 34 fighter jet squadrons, as compared to the 26 operated by the PAF. However, the IAF needs to operate 39.5 squadrons to maintain its superiority over the PAF, due to a wide variety of issues like geographical disadvantage. The squadron strength of the IAF will drop to just 31 during the country’s 12th five year plan (2012-2017). The IAF also plans to phase out around 125 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 fighter jets during 2014-2017.

It plans to replace them with the HAL Tejas, whose induction is likely to get delayed. On the other hand, the PAF is moving forward with a number of high profile aircraft deals. Pakistan recently received 14 General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block-52) aircraft from the US. It is likely to acquire 14 more within a short time. PAF is also actively pursuing aircraft dealings with Chinese aerospace companies. It has finalized a deal to purchase 36 Chengdu J-10 multirole fighter aircraft, from the Chinese aircraft manufacturer Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation.

PAF is likely to induct these aircrafts in 2014. Sources within the PAF claim that as many as 150 of these fighter jets will be purchased from China in the long run. Recently India had finalized a defence deal with the French aerospace manufacturer Dassault Aviation for the delivery of 126 Dassault Rafale Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft. But the deal has come under increasing scrutiny after allegations of kickbacks being given to Indian defence officials. Even if the deal goes forward, the delivery of the fighter jet is expected to take a long time. Earlier the Dassault Rafale was rejected by nations such as Singapore, South Korea, Morocco and Switzerland, citing lack of advanced technology and cost.

Ever since the current Prime Minister Man Mohan Singh took his office for a second term in 2009, the defence scene has remained murky and problematic for the Indian government. The Army chief, Gen. VK Singh, who undertook a number of reforms within the armed forces, was asked to resign this month by the defence minister, citing an error in his officially reported date of birth. The opposition claims that the government terminated Gen. Singh’s service since he was opposed to the corruption in the Armed Forces. A loyalist of the ruling Indian National Congress party, Lt Gen. Bikram Singh will take over the leadership from Gen. VK Singh on June 1, 2012.

It's only half truth & completely biased article, according to wikipedia what PAF has in its inventory is as follows:
Chengdu F-7 Skybolt - 186 (these are the chinese version of mig-21 that means very old tech aircraft)
Dassault Mirage 5 - 82 (earlier versions of mirage, again old tech.)
Dassault Mirage III - 75 (even older than mirage 5's, purchased around late 60s)

total 343 (17 squadrons) of 3rd generation aircraft whereas all of IAF's jaguar, mig-29, mirage 2000, mig -27 are better.

Only 4th gen aircrafts which the PAF has are F-16s(63 in no.) & JF-17 (42 in no.), IAF's Su-30mki beat both of them not only in nos (around 160 inducted till now) but also in generation (4.5 gen aircraft) just imagine what the IAF will look when we induct Rafale, tejas, fgfa & 272 su30s!!

Also i have seen statements by MOD & IAF chief that the IAF squadron strength will not deplete further & can now only rise, so I don't see the squadron nos. come down to 31

It's only half truth & completely biased article, according to wikipedia what PAF has in its inventory is as follows:
Chengdu F-7 Skybolt - 186 (these are the chinese version of mig-21 that means very old tech aircraft)
Dassault Mirage 5 - 82 (earlier versions of mirage, again old tech.)
Dassault Mirage III - 75 (even older than mirage 5's, purchased around late 60s)

total 343 (17 squadrons) of 3rd generation aircraft whereas all of IAF's jaguar, mig-29, mirage 2000, mig -27 are better.

Only 4th gen aircrafts which the PAF has are F-16s(63 in no.) & JF-17 (42 in no.), IAF's Su-30mki beat both of them not only in nos (around 160 inducted till now) but also in generation (4.5 gen aircraft) just imagine what the IAF will look when we induct Rafale, tejas, fgfa & 272 su30s!!

Also i have seen statements by MOD & IAF chief that the IAF squadron strength will not deplete further & can now only rise, so I don't see the squadron nos. come down to 31

I think we should consider our MIG 29K squadrons too as pakistan sqaudrons includes the ones used by/for navy as well

what are HMS?? also are you serious when you say that JF-17s cannot even take mig21s??

I think we should consider our MIG 29K squadrons too as pakistan sqaudrons includes the ones used by/for navy as well

i don't think we should compete here in no. of squadron strength with PAF because even if they have more squadron (highly improbable) than also junk is a junk as seen in earlier posts no matter what there nos. are, what we should be worried about is the parity which we should achieve with the Chinese.

Correct me if wrong, but we have more AWACS then Bhaaaaarut, Right?

are you comparing this aircrafts:

250px-EMB-145_FAM.jpg

with these:

800px-Beriev_A-50EI_Mainstay2009.jpg

ok, ya then you have more AWACS!!

are you comparing this aircrafts:

250px-EMB-145_FAM.jpg

with these:

800px-Beriev_A-50EI_Mainstay2009.jpg

ok, ya then you have more AWACS!!
hahaaha i knew that at the end, it will all boil to ''We bhaarteez have superior technology'' :rofl:
BTW ignorant one, we also have this baby
Sino-Pakistan+PAF+ZDK-03+AWACS+Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

Let me give u a little piece of advice: Never Underestimate Your Enemy. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom