What's new

Pakistan Air Force

SPECIAL MISSION
Saab 2000 (AEW) 5

TANKER
Il-78 4

any ideas when the above items will be delivered to Pakistan?

deliveries start by mid-2009

execellent.....I hope there will be no disruptions. PAF needs this to make it a force reckoned with.:flame:

I was just wondering that in the light of the PAF allocated resources from the defence budget - is the PAF still embarking on a cost-effective strategy or is there room to be more effective with the limited resources at its disposal?

In view of the future trend that most air combat would be at beyond visual range (and a very low chance of actual 'dog fights' as in previous conflicts)....would it be better for the PAF to upgrade it's 'old' or 2nd/3rd generation aircraft with BVR capability and support it with AWAC/AEW and electronic warefare aircraft?

My point is that since Radar is a primary means of offensive detection, but as an emission it is easily detectable by an adversary, which can usually gauge the degree of threat from the mode used, and take appropriate countermeasures - electronic or maneuver. For this reason, the most appropriate radar mode for many situations is standby, activating it the last possible moment.

There is an alternative, which I think looks very attractive. This is remote targeting, in which missile launch data is provided from off-board sources, such as other fighters, AWACS, or ground control. The air combat equivalent of the discovered check in chess, this allows surprise attacks to be made from unexpected quarters.

So in a nutshell....A fighter using its radar to detect its prey at once reveals its presence, its position, and often its intent. The answer is remote targeting, in which ground radar and/ or AWACS provide target information via a secure data link. This allows missile launch without direct contact, and without the target being alerted.

Would it be feasible for the PAF to upgrade (on cheap basis) it's older aircraft (BVR capable) and cause a would be adversary some 'serious' problems in the event of a conflict?:azn:

I have some more pictures of Paf Mi-24's :-

Attachments

• DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 49
PAKISTAN

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE Type Active Stored Ordered

COMBAT AIRCRAFT
A-5 39
F- 6 30
F-7 144
F-16A/C 25 12
JF-17 8 142
Mirage IIIEL/EP/OF/RP 82
Mirage 5EF/F/PA 91

SPECIAL MISSION
Saab 2000 (AEW) 5

TANKER
Il-78 4

TRANSPORT
Citation Excel 1
C-130B/E/L-100 16 1
CN-235 3
F27 1
Falcon 20 3
Gulfstream IV 1
King Air 200 1

COMBAT HELICOPTER
AB205 5
IAR316 3
Mi-171 4
Mi-35 10

TRAINING AIRCRAFT/HELICOPTERS
F-16B/D 21 6
FT-5 25
FT-6 9
FT-7 9
K-8 24 10
Mirage IIIBE/BL/D/DP 19
Mirage 5DPA 2
SA316 7
T-37 18

PAKISTAN ARMY
Type Active Stored Ordered
TRANSPORT
Citation Bravo/V 2
Turbo Commander 840 2

COMBAT HELICOPTER
AH-1F/S 39
AS350 10
Bell 206 10
Bell 412 21
Mi-17 85
SA316 10
SA330 25
UH-1H 2

TRAINING AIRCRAFT/HELICOPTERS
Bell 206 9

PAKISTAN NAVY
Type Active Stored Ordered
SPECIAL MISSION
ATL-1 (MPA) 6
P-3C (MPA) 4 5

TRANSPORT
F27 5

COMBAT HELICOPTER
Lynx HAS3 3
SA316 6
Sea King 45 6
Z-9C 18 6

Source:Flight International.

sir g can you kindly shift F-16 B/D Mirage IIIBE/BL/D/DP Mirage 5DPA to COMBAT role section. just because they are twin seaters does not mean their role is restricted to "trainings".

execellent.....I hope there will be no disruptions. PAF needs this to make it a force reckoned with.:flame:

I was just wondering that in the light of the PAF allocated resources from the defence budget - is the PAF still embarking on a cost-effective strategy or is there room to be more effective with the limited resources at its disposal?

In view of the future trend that most air combat would be at beyond visual range (and a very low chance of actual 'dog fights' as in previous conflicts)....would it be better for the PAF to upgrade it's 'old' or 2nd/3rd generation aircraft with BVR capability and support it with AWAC/AEW and electronic warefare aircraft?

My point is that since Radar is a primary means of offensive detection, but as an emission it is easily detectable by an adversary, which can usually gauge the degree of threat from the mode used, and take appropriate countermeasures - electronic or maneuver. For this reason, the most appropriate radar mode for many situations is standby, activating it the last possible moment.

There is an alternative, which I think looks very attractive. This is remote targeting, in which missile launch data is provided from off-board sources, such as other fighters, AWACS, or ground control. The air combat equivalent of the discovered check in chess, this allows surprise attacks to be made from unexpected quarters.

So in a nutshell....A fighter using its radar to detect its prey at once reveals its presence, its position, and often its intent. The answer is remote targeting, in which ground radar and/ or AWACS provide target information via a secure data link. This allows missile launch without direct contact, and without the target being alerted.

Would it be feasible for the PAF to upgrade (on cheap basis) it's older aircraft (BVR capable) and cause a would be adversary some 'serious' problems in the event of a conflict?:azn:

But most of PAF's aeroplanes right now are really ancient. Why upgrade them when they can get a JF-17 for 12 million dollars a piece, including new radar, BVR weapons and data-links. I am certain that remote targeting would be incorporated at some point if not already, it has so many advantages and only needs a good data-link.

I read that the French have successfully tested it on their Rafale. Recently I found out that the British used it in the 1982 Falklands War to send radar data on incoming Argentinian aeroplanes from one ship to another.

Also used in Gulf War 1 & 2.It will be incorporated with MLU F16's, 52, JF-17 and Eriye..not sure about Chinese AWACS.

I think these Hind D’s are from DRA (Democratic Republic of Afghanistan) air force. During the 80’s two Mi- 24 Hind D defected to Pakistan flown by their afghan pilots on request of ISI. CIA was looking for some parts (armor plating, communication equipment etc.) from the wreckage of downed helicopters. ISI made arrangements to hand them a complete Hind but for their surprise two Hinds were landing on Miran shah’s air strip. Brigadier Mohammad Yousaf also mentioned it his book THE BEAR TRAP. If you Google it you can download it for free.

what is paf is doing with mi-24s
kindly repair them and store in paf museum

I think these Hind D’s are from DRA (Democratic Republic of Afghanistan) air force. During the 80’s two Mi- 24 Hind D defected to Pakistan flown by their afghan pilots on request of ISI. CIA was looking for some parts (armor plating, communication equipment etc.) from the wreckage of downed helicopters. ISI made arrangements to hand them a complete Hind but for their surprise two Hinds were landing on Miran shah’s air strip. Brigadier Mohammad Yousaf also mentioned it his book THE BEAR TRAP. If you Google it you can download it for free.

1.s.1. i L0ve yOu ... :smitten: :victory: :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom