What's new

Pakistan and India...Why can't we be friends?

m15t3r7

Reaction score
I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION WHY CAN'T INDIA AND PAKISTAN BE FRIENDS WHAT IS THE PROBLEM I MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND INDIA EXCEPT FOR RELIGION

I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION WHY CAN'T INDIA AND PAKISTAN BE FRIENDS WHAT IS THE PROBLEM I MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND INDIA EXCEPT FOR RELIGION

Why do you think our elders gave their lives for an Islamic state? If we didn't had any "Difference" we never would've sacrificed EVERYTHING for the sake of our own homeland.

We can never be the same. And we never were. It's like comparing an apple with an orange. I'm actually amazed that you don't see a difference between your countrymen and India.

*sigh*

Last edited:
Pakistan and India can be good neighbours but unfortunately the problem is that India doesn't like Pakistan.

Pakistan and India can be good neighbours

I doubt Mr. Munshi feels the same way about it!!!! Have you not read his latest book on Indian doctrine. ;)

We can be friends when there is a mutual respect for each other as sovereign and distinct nations - which means all this hooey about 'being the same' is shoved out the door.

Friendship and relationships are not built with non-stop mantra's of 'we are the same', but with cooperation, trust and mutually acceptable resolutions of disputes.

Unfortunately, the most oft repeated reason heard from the Indian side in support of 'friendship' is about 'being the same', rather than any concrete movement on tangible issues that allow for a friendship to be built on cooperation, compromise and shared interests.

Having similar recipes and similar street lingo in some parts of each country does not a 'friendship' make.

m15t3r7,

Please do not use all caps - it is against posting etiquette and indicates yelling.

Unfortunately, the most oft repeated reason heard from the Indian side in support of 'friendship' is about 'being the same',

I doubt that Indians are asking for being the same. It is in reality a quetion of trust. Neither side does and neither side will ever. The indicators of trust i believe will not even happen after i am gone, and certanily not in future generations. Unlike the belif of north and south Korean will be united some day, that is the general sence of the population. Likewise for India and Pakistan to be good neighbors does not eminante from the populations at all. It will stay status quo for a very long time.

My two cents.

We , India and Pakistan , can be good friends infact very good friends. If Germans can break the wall, we* can too.(*we referred to common people of both counteries not fanatics and brain washed irrotic guys)Unless we leave the theory of "my penis is bigger than yours" nothing going to change.
@KB commenting on harmony of India without knowing it, may be you'll never come to know what real India is.

Both India and Pakistan politicians are very narrow minded. Both used the rivalry for their politics. Pakistan projected India as its enemy and vice versa too. The military aids went on high. Because of India, Pakistan had to invest so much money on military and it changed the whole country’s economy and focus. In fact Mr. Vajpayee started major step towards Indo-Pak relations but kargil failed the relations. It’s an election time in India and this Mumbai incident is getting more and more political. Next is Kashmir issue. Both countries won’t loose there. Because this is a very emotional issue to both the countries.

India has more MUSLIMS than Pakistan. India expects Pakistan not to project as Islamic leader. Any comments officially from Pakistan towards Indians minority are not in good favor of India.

India has more MUSLIMS than Pakistan. India expects Pakistan not to project as Islamic leader. Any comments officially from Pakistan towards Indians minority are not in good favor of India.

Where do you get your figures from? Post a source or don't bother with the fact farts.

http://www.asoon.org/a-world.htm

Pakistan: 160,829,453
India: 153,349,279

Figures have changed my friend. Stop living in the past.

Where do you get your figures from? Post a source or don't bother with the fact farts.

Muslim Population in World Population Ranking

Pakistan: 160,829,453
India: 153,349,279

Figures have changed my friend. Stop living in the past.

OK. I didnt know this! Thanks.
My view on the topic is from Indian point of view is pakistan bringing Islam related issues to india; any communal violations is very difficult to control. Its not so easy; For the same reason even muslim terrors target masids in their attack in india. I think this also could be one reason why they are preventing good relation with pakistan. Its just my view. I welcome ur comments

There are many issues and problems that need to be erased. First step would be to treat each other as equals. Also Indians must learn to abandon their double standards and biases and stop denying the truth like the terrible treatment of minorities in India just like we Pakistanis must stop living in delusion and trying to promote tehreek e taliban (actually tehreek e kafireen) as some muslim saviors. It is also extremely annoying when I hear some stupid comments from illiterate Indians. I have lost people in our family because of indian terrorist organizations and truth is it is with great difficulty that i control my anger sometimes when some terrorist indians are on a rampage with their stupid comments and idiotic death threats.

Examples of bias and denial:
1) Government sponsered terrorism like gujrat genocide and mumbai genocide and even recent Mumbai attacks to kill karkare and lead his investigations into disarray.

Some examples of double standards are:
1) JUD is terror organization even with its 160 schools and 40000 students ands aid and help to victems of earthquake and disasters but Shiv Sena RSS and Bajrang Dal aren't? Modi is'nt who killed over 10000 muslim civilians and sits in government? Bal Thakerey is'nt who killed over 4000 muslim civilians?
2) Pakistan should not interfere about kashmir where over 90% population wants freedom from Indian torture rape murder etc but Indian action in Bangladesh was alright?

As far as friendship is concerned we can definately be friends. UAE, Malaysia, Canada US everywhere I have lived I haven't had trouble getting along and making some Indian friends. I just keep politics out and they do same. If they raise politics i usually cant resist retorting and i represent my country in every way.

Some examples of double standards are:
1) JUD is terror organization even with its 160 schools and 40000 students ands aid and help to victems of earthquake and disasters but Shiv Sena RSS and Bajrang Dal aren't? Modi is'nt who killed over 10000 muslim civilians and sits in government? Bal Thakerey is'nt who killed over 4000 muslim civilians?
2) Pakistan should not interfere about kashmir where over 90% population wants freedom from Indian torture rape murder etc but Indian action in Bangladesh was alright? .

How come our leaders Modi and Bal Thakerey related to Pakistan. Pakistan has to talk as a pakistan. Not a muslim on the first place. We have our own muslim leaders to address the community first. Its nothing to do with Pakistan.

On JUD, JUD agreed it supported LET. Now LET leaders are roaming around the city. India demanded the enquiry of those leaders. But pakistan clearly didnt say anything. They said the JUD cheif under house arrest...later No...nothing clear.

As far as friendship is concerned we can definately be friends. UAE, Malaysia, Canada US everywhere I have lived I haven't had trouble getting along and making some Indian friends. I just keep politics out and they do same. If they raise politics i usually cant resist retorting and i represent my country in every way.

I have good pak friends. I dont see any diff in culture or behaviour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom