What's new

Pakistan and India...Why can't we be friends?

d
Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and to some extent even Sri Lanka are young nations or as I like to call them: bastard nations (this is not to offend anyone more like an analogy). The main problem arises because of the fact that these nations did not evolve, same as with the the rest of the post-colonial nations. They were demarcated by a bunch of bureaucrats from their illegitimate parents (Imperialists).

Thus, these nations have not resolved their existentialist crises which often spill over to one another. The traditional (philosophically), the modern and as G. Spivak states the sub-altern are in conflict and these fissures are the base of the regional and local conflicts we have and would continue to do so unless we evolve.

In many aspects our development mirrors Europe's after the evolution of nationalism where people gained an identity based on their nation-states. However, we have the West brooding over us to ensure we remain divided and actually aggravates our fissures to keep us on a ledge to ensure their hegemonic hold.

Just imagine China and India have resolved their problems, are working on an economic treaty. India and Pakistan have resolved their conflicts are also being included in the defence and economic cooperation with India and China with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka looking to come in. That puts near about 2/7 of humanity with their economic power against the West, to challenge and lead the world.

I keep saying it again and agian: Asians need to wake up.

Truth. Its 2013 people need to move past their religious hangups. At the end of the day thats really where it starts. South Asia is the least unified region in the world- and unfortunately this why we are lagging behind in development. Most south asians living abroad are quite successful.. so whats the reason why ouor home countries are in such shitty conditions?

d

Truth. Its 2013 people need to move past their religious hangups. At the end of the day thats really where it starts. South Asia is the least unified region in the world- and unfortunately this why we are lagging behind in development. Most south asians living abroad are quite successful.. so whats the reason why ouor home countries are in such shitty conditions?
due to corruption

our leaders are corrupt

west exploits this region a lot, we're like goldmine for them

it sucks up economy of every country in the world that faces certain level of threat. Why do you think we are special.
Instead of eradicating common problems like poverty we use our money to buy fancy weapons. for what?

Instead of eradicating common problems like poverty we use our money to buy fancy weapons. for what?
if you are asking general question 'why spend money on defence', please open a thread and lot of people will contribute. This question applies to whole of humanity not south asia only.

if you are asking general question 'why spend money on defence', please open a thread and lot of people will contribute. This question applies to whole of humanity not south asia only.
Religion and Kashmir is also a cause of tension

Eating cow is not mandatory. If using paper is part of my religion , can i use holy book papers for that ?
I agree Cow slaughter is not mandatory; but unfortunately it has become the symbol of minority freedom in Indian in the same ways Wine in Pakistan. In India there are several religions so Indian should learn to accommodate each other-which has been hall mark of India since thousand or years.
Regarding someone's Point of view that Pakistan should not raise her voice for Indians Muslims, Why India raises voice when, anywhere in world, Hindo/Sikh are maltreated? Why west cries for Christian maltreatment in he world?
Regarding Peace between India and Pakistan; its not only Hatred that dominates on the both sides but it is multibillion industry and over 5 million peoples jobs at he stack(Believe me these people are power both in India and in Pakistan).
Pakistani people have changed of hearts recently towards India but Indians have gone a mile ahead in hate euphoria against Pakistan and Pakistanis.

In short there will be a long and difficult road to traverse before we have any meaningful peace.

Back
Top Bottom