What's new

Pakistan Army conducts successful test launch of Babur 1B Cruise Missile

Possibly a new type of version.
If it was same system with enhanced range, image or video would have been released by now.

When Babur had a disclsoed range of 600KM, it was already much much more than that.
Agreed. Surprise bhe rakhna hota hai.
me too but we must have upper hand in at least one section here . we are lacjing behind in sub sonic and then ballistic missiles too . its very bad sign .

sala ji why its bothering you ? :lol:
Allah karesi changian. Canadian citizenship mil jae gi phir itni tension ni hoya kre gi.
Pakistan tests home-grown missile with additional range

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan’s military test-fired a home-grown Babur cruise missile on Tuesday that has a range of more than 900 kilometers (560 miles), twice the distance of an earlier missile of the same model, a statement said.

The missile’s extended range further enhances nuclear-armed Pakistan’s military capability.

Pakistan and neighbor India, which also has a nuclear arsenal, have a volatile relationship, having fought three wars against each other. The military buildup of both countries is closely watched by a nervous international community as India and Pakistan have come dangerously close to a fourth war at least twice over the last two decades.

The missile, dubbed the Babur Cruise Missile 1B, is domestically developed, said the military statement. An earlier version had the limited capacity to travel just 450 kilometers (280 miles).

Pakistan tests home-grown missile with additional range | AP News
1B has more capabilities than original babur. 900kms is quite good. Especially if naval version can match it

Possibly a new type of version.
If it was same system with enhanced range, image or video would have been released by now.
Only God knows the logic behind not revealing the pictures and videos, don’t know when we will stop this nonsense behavior , jubky koi Gernail pehly he sara kuch reveal kar chuka hoga apny bap Americans ko regarding this test

@JamD
Any comment? if range is increased, then due to what? large size, good engine, weight reduction or something else?
And why not 1500km? to limit the size so as to be used by ships, subs, etc?

Any method to increase speed using the same engine at terminal stage? so that S400/Ship defences cannot counter it? what about very small rockets (like C130 rockets)?

Babur cruise missile have almost same weight and dims if you compare with Tomahawk.......

And Tomahawk range is 1500 Kms.....

:enjoy:
Ours has a bit less fuel to cater for the increasing fuel prices here. 25 percent of the fuel is consumed by the TEL itself.
Where is @PanzerKiel need his comments?
Lurking around, as usual.

Ours has a bit less fuel to cater for the increasing fuel prices here. 25 percent of the fuel is consumed by the TEL itself.

Lurking around, as usual.
Sir we will fuel up TEL by contribution, please fuel up the missile for the said range.

Or is it that you are ... pointing at the range as much as tomahawk?

Tomahawk range is 1500 Kms
I think its 1500 miles i.e 2400KMS.

On another note it has been more than two decades since Tomahawk fell inside Pakistan, it's a shame we could not replicate the finesse of Tomahawk in terms of motor efficiency.

Last edited:
@JamD
Any comment? if range is increased, then due to what? large size, good engine, weight reduction or something else?
And why not 1500km? to limit the size so as to be used by ships, subs, etc?
Really hard to say anything really. Increased range could be due to all of the things that you mentioned and:
1. Better fuel
2. Improved aerodynamic design
3. Improved guidance and navigation - you need to accurately hit a target at max range, not just get to some point max range km away.
4. Messing around with revealing inaccurate ranges
5. Some combination of above and what you listed.

@JamD
Any method to increase speed using the same engine at terminal stage? so that S400/Ship defences cannot counter it? what about very small rockets (like C130 rockets)?
You could do a study on this but would probably be a bad idea. I would think that you would need a prohibitively heavy rocket motor to bring a cruise missile to any decent speed. Besides the design is subsonic so the aerodynamics would have to be completely different. The aerodynamics are optimized for subsonic cruise so it will be a brick if you try to accelerate it to supersonic speeds. It won't cruise half as efficiently (massively reduced range) if its designed with supersonic speeds in mind. Just my opinion.

3. Improved guidance and navigation - you need to accurately hit a target at max range, not just get to some point max range km away.
4. Messing around with revealing inaccurate ranges
Yup valid points as there couldn't be taht much deficiencies in previous design whther it was aerodynamic, fuel, engine, etc that cd lead 30% more range now.
The aerodynamics are optimized for subsonic cruise so it will be a brick if you try to accelerate it to supersonic speeds.
I meant a litlle bit. Sure, its wings/other control surfaces wd break at 50% more speed. I mean that safety factor wd be maximum 15% (normal is 5-7%) (considering local velocities).

I meant a litlle bit. Sure, its wings/other control surfaces wd break at 50% more speed. I mean that safety factor wd be maximum 15% (normal is 5-7%) (considering local velocities).
A "little bit" would serve no real purpose. You could just "overclock" your turbojet since you're about to destroy yourself anyway. Maybe cruise missiles do that already.

For any decent speed increase, a subsonic design will encounter the "sound barrier". That is, it's Cd would shoot up dramatically at transonic speeds preventing any decent acceleration. You need aerodynamics to be designed with the ability to punch through the "sound barrier" by using things like a Sears-Haack area distribution (if you recall from AVD).

I believe there was a NOTAM issued. We can get a general idea of the range via that.

Back
Top Bottom