1st_(PAVO)_Punjab_Cavalry_1900.jpg

The legendary armoured corps "dungree"
faraz2.jpg

1.why is it black?
2.why is it called dungree?
@Xeric ?
Simple maroon boshdan!
601128_551831604836611_458779184_n.jpg

what are the names of the silver decorations on the boshdan?

Last edited by a moderator:
General_Harry_Lumsden_of_the_Guides.jpg

Cavalry officer without a Boshdan? :astagh:
{General Harry Lumsden of Guides Cavalry } potrait in 1886

@Xeric True that, but black also absorbs more heat, imagine wearing this in Bahawalpur during summer, are our tanks air conditioned?

@Xeric True that, but black also absorbs more heat, imagine wearing this in Bahawalpur during summer, are our tanks air conditioned?

Haha, correct. That was my reaction when i first saw a tanker working on a red hot tank in cholistan, but then do do aur choparian nahi militi is duniya mai.

To counter the heat issue, the Army spend quite an amount like providing the armour guys and SP gunners with special issue of ice and squash etc, whereas washing a khaki or other color dangree stained with grease and engine oil has no way out :lol:

And yes, the Al Khalid and AZ do have air conditioning capability, but it is not out to use, rather it was removed - cannot afford it.

I have heard somewhere that the internal temperature of a tank in Bahawalpur desert exceeds 55 Celsius....??:what: can anyone confirm??? Forgive me about my ignorance but can anyone tell me what sort of effects such extreme temperatures, and working environments can cause to the tank's crew?? Can't they lose there tempers too in war situation???

@Rahil khan there must be some primitive form of Air condition! Not a fancy one!
@Rahil khan there must be some primitive form of Air condition! Not a fancy one!

That's Brigadier (R) Nadir Mir, who has served for ages in Balochistan. Though he is new to writing defense-related articles, they are well attempted and you should read them.

As for other questions, I believe they are answered.

Another reason for wearing black dungaree uniform is for working in extreme conditions. During summer, although it would absorb more heat, it would release the heat at higher rate than any other material. Same goes for winter, it would absorb heat and keep your body warm.

The two corps with toughest life you'll ever come across are Artillery and Armour!

@Aeronaut yes thats why i love my knights in shining armour! Pakistan armoured corps!
@Last Hope no one explained why boshdan only to armour guys!

Back
Top Bottom