What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

You would probably remember the old T series took a beating from the RPGs during WOT. I am talking about Musharraf era. In fact there is a whole documentry on that. I remember tank T 59 i believe went ahead and than all the sudden it came rushing back, the crew was like they saw hell and than Cobras were call to clear.
The threat level may not be same now but are we sure to still carry these old tanks. Why not the older Al-khalids? While the new ones and this V4 remains to kick Indian asses.
The tank crews were especially ordered by gen Tariq khan to avoid being hit as it would undermine the capabilities of Pakistani armoured Corps if they were destroyed by some rag tag terrorists in a greater number. More over tanks were used not as an armored punch but to close mobile provide fire support to the
infantry and also to strengthen the morale of jawans

Tanks getting hit by 300 m range RPGs is tactically a failure of the supporting Infantry which is responsible for denying enemy anti tank teams a tactically superior firing position.

WOT is like any other war. Casualties of not only tanks, but Infantry and other arms also occurred.

Casualties are part of war. Though not completely avoidable, but they can be minimized by superior tactics.

Effective range of RPG against static targets is 300 m. If an enemy RPG team manages to reach within 300 m of a tank, then either the enemy anti tank team or the tank deserves to be roasted.

It's a failure of tactics, not the equipment.

We were going through a learning phase at that time.

You can judge this from the fact that.... When was the last time you even heard that we lost a tank to terrorists.

These older tanks, however, still possess some characteristics which even the latest tanks don't have even now....... Simplicity, maintenance and ease of operating being the first.
Tanks getting hit by 300 m range RPGs is tactically a failure of the supporting Infantry which is responsible for denying enemy anti tank teams a tactically superior firing position.

WOT is like any other war. Casualties of not only tanks, but Infantry and other arms also occurred.

Casualties are part of war. Though not completely avoidable, but they can be minimized by superior tactics.

Effective range of RPG against static targets is 300 m. If an enemy RPG team manages to reach within 300 m of a tank, then either the enemy anti tank team or the tank deserves to be roasted.

You can judge this from the fact that.... When was the last time you even heard that we lost a tank to terrorists.

These older tanks, however, still possess some characteristics which even the latest tanks don't have even now....... Simplicity, maintenance and ease of operating being the first.

Yes thats my point

VT-4 will be great induction but more important is to induct more anti-tank weapon systems.
AFT-10

Red%2BArrow%2B10%2Banti-tank%2Bguided%2Bmissiles%2Bon%2BVN-1%2B8%2Bx%2B8%2BAPC.jpg

AFT-10.jpg

LX144.jpg

Ummm.....perhaps you could give modp the same few billion $ that will be used tho buy the off the shelf equipment??

At least try to make sense by giving proper reasoning.
HIT has been retooled and brought to the latest standard. It is working on max capacity to produce AK 1.
a major over haul of t80 ud. In addition to the m113/ Saad project . work on t85.
Plus the m109 sp etc etc.
That's a lot of work id say.

Like I stated earlier we are facing a very clear n present danger. So we needed to place tanks urgently and a lot of them, thats where vt4 comes in.

Now friend if this does not meet ur fancy than let's leave it at that.

To our friends who blame HIT or modp for the slow production, during the ppp times the than govt dried the funding for the al khalid production, production had slowed down to single figures. There even came a stage when it stopped all together.
So lots of factors in the mix

Again, their tanks or armored corps doesn't have to face the varied nature of threats or terrain which we are facing simultaneously.

Otherwise, back in c Cold War days, once these countries did have multifarious threats in different terrains, these countries also resorted to multiple tank types.
I don't agree PA and IAF have similar problem , too many tank types i think this is piss poor planning . I think PA should just adopt this tank or a new 4th gen tank and just mass produce it for next 10 years and replace all legacy numbers

Even with the concept of Jiahd Fi sabilillah and Martyrdom, i still feel this to be cold janab. Men like you put your lives at stake, you Sir deserve better.
Yes you are right dear.

However, this harsh reality does, mostly, affect doctrines and conduct of operations of the countries in our region.

PA VT-4s have uniform dark green colour. Hopefully You'll get the Gilmpse of it soon enough. Within Days. The machines a beast. They are here and kicking!
Regards
Won't they have camouflage
PA VT-4s have uniform dark green colour. Hopefully You'll get the Gilmpse of it soon enough. Within Days. The machines a beast. They are here and kicking!
Regards
Like this?
IMG_20200922_101834.jpg

Even though we remain in US camp some how our policies are more Red Hammer ones .States doesn't do all things by them selves ,States provides environment and funding's to development of local industry .
Our lack of understanding coupled with unskilled labor on top of that no sense of business and economics have lead to disaster in these type of home grown projects .
A classical example being 1990 to 2020 we have 400 Al Khalid tanks means we are capable to produce 1.1 Tank per month (Irrespective of fact) you killed the project here .
Second example is JF17 with almost no exports to its belt even though we have a wonderful product and Chinese partner just bcas i said it i know doesn't mean i know actually every thing . Alas a sad day

Back
Top Bottom