What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

The tank crews were especially ordered by gen Tariq khan to avoid being hit as it would undermine the capabilities of Pakistani armoured Corps if they were destroyed by some rag tag terrorists in a greater number. More over tanks were used not as an armored punch but to close mobile provide fire support to the
infantry and also to strengthen the morale of jawans
I don't think gen Tariq would make such a statement or issue such an order, knowing fully well that he has to clear built up area...even if u reduce bult up areas to rubble it would make more ambush friendly and provide excellent cover for opposing forces. In addition to that they had to clear passes and valleys where ttp held the heights.
Plus our forces held very little ground and to capture it all back tooth and nail.
Gen tariq was at it at the very start when it was the toughest and the bloodiest. Casualties and loss of material was a given.

I don't agree PA and IAF have similar problem , too many tank types i think this is piss poor planning . I think PA should just adopt this tank or a new 4th gen tank and just mass produce it for next 10 years and replace all legacy numbers
The only reason we have "too many" tanks is the simply fact that we don't have the luxury to replace them all when they become obsolete or old, due to our financial situation.
PA would love to replace them as soon as new once become available but alas our financial woes hold them back.
So the only option that remain (other than committing suicide as some friends here suggest) is to make the best use of wt u got and that wt our three services are doing.

So VT4 is coming ????????????
j.PNG

Back
Top Bottom