What's new

Pakistan begins submarine procurement talks with China

chines ships could be a great help but we must have gone for U214 to add the power punch....
ALAS!!

As reported from March 2010, the Pakistan Navy intends to buy seven submarines from China at an "economical price" of around $230 million for each It seems that the procurement process has entered its negotiation phase.

By Farhan Bokhari
11 June 2010

China's vice-president, Zheng Dejiang, met with civil and military leaders in Pakistan on 9-10 June in a visit surrounded by reports of a major new defence deal under discussion that would see Pakistan buying at least three Chinese submarines.

Speaking to Jane's on 9 June, a senior Pakistani government official said the Pakistan Navy began discussions with "the Chinese authorities last month for an eventual submarine deal" for up to three or four boats, but declined to specify the types or terms under discussion.

China has a long history of helping Pakistan overcome shortages of key military hardware, notably the hardware it was denied by the Western world following sanctions imposed from 1990 in response to Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme.

The Pakistani government official who spoke to Jane's on 9 June said that it was vital for the navy to acquire more submarines to offset "the pressure we will definitely come under" due to the rapid expansion of India's naval capability. "Our Chinese brothers have always come to our help and we are asking them for assistance once again," he said.

Although neither China nor Pakistan have ever publicly revealed the terms of their past financial arrangements, defence analysts say that China continues to offer long-term loans to Pakistan on concessional terms, allowing the country to continue with its military hardware purchases.

Good news a start somewhere tired of hearing of dead deals for the navy.. can anyshare the possible news subs pic's thx ?

sir , calm down relax pics wil be released by officels once the deal finalized. Lets hope for gud

chines ships could be a great help but we must have gone for U214 to add the power punch....
ALAS!!

i read some where on internet that chinese subs are based on Russian technology , hw true is that

Remeber guys 6-8 months ago I said this new Naval Chief is an ***ho**! He is a zardari's puppet and will make sure his ****** master's pockets are fulled. Not finalizing Type-214 order is a treason!

Remeber guys 6-8 months ago I said this new Naval Chief is an ***ho**! He is a zardari's puppet and will make sure his ****** master's pockets are fulled. Not finalizing Type-214 order is a treason!
i dnt knw why all pakiz r after U-214, isn't their any other sub compareable to 214?

i dnt knw why people think U-214 is the best

Scorpene is almost comparable to U-214 and Marlin class will be superior to scorpene

so it will be comparable to u-214 if nt better

NO! N-O!!! no submarine out there is as good as the type U-214! :hitwall:

how can u say that we never used u boats . Is that true that type-214 is a xport version type212 ?

how can u say that we never used u boats . Is that true that type-214 is a xport version type212 ?

They are really good subs. I would say the Dolphin class is probably better then the 214. The 212 is the German Navy one also Italy operates them. They are not for export (Italy got them because they worked on the project)

Turkey will be getting 6 214TNs many of the systems will be Turkish designed including the weapons systems. 2015 will be their service date.

Maybe Turkey,German,Pakistan can work out a deal for these 214 subs that Turkey will be operating.

Look man if you dont know anything about the U boats, why bother commenting. I'll suggest you learn a few things about U boat and then start asking this question.

And by the way Pakiz is a racist word used to convey insult. Be careful about that

sir , calm down relax pics wil be released by officels once the deal finalized. Lets hope for gud

Iam way to relaxed and calm and i didn't ask you for the pic's to begin with ... we don't have to see the pic's when and if PN decide to get it we can see them now if you can't provide it plzz don't worry about what i write and yes do try to relax and clam down.:tdown::disagree:

Look man if you dont know anything about the U boats, why bother commenting. I'll suggest you learn a few things about U boat and then start asking this question.

And by the way Pakiz is a racist word used to convey insult. Be careful about that

bro Dnt get Angry on Me I dnt know much about subs etc stuff i just comment generly that and the Reason was curiousity . I Think Germans r not going To Pay 10% To Zardari So The deal is off. Wht u think

Back
Top Bottom