What's new

Pakistan begins submarine procurement talks with China

U 214 is the best conventional submarine available followed by U 209. Just my opinion.

Pakistan should pursue both Chinese and western submarines concurrently. Both have good capabilities. We should also go for transfer of technology, so we can start manufacturing submarines.

PN needs subs perorid not many choices nor not too much time its time to safeguard our seas asap.

I think the best option was if we have contracted with the Germans on building 6 U-214 in Pakistan like in 2006 then it ould be great, so the work could begin in 2007 and it could end in 2015. An d by the time they could work with chinese on N-Subs to end this SSk class Subs deals in future.

Here is a 2 cent from me....

I understand the frustration of the Pakistani members of not having the U-214 deal....and yes, it is a big setback....i am not sure whether there is a possibility of PN being able to renew that deal again....

But as some one said....Pakistan needs to guard its sea "asap", its better not to sit down hands folded and get the best you can have now....the article earlier said, you will be getting Marlins at a friendly cost...i say get them, at least for the time being you will be satified over the fact that you have a good fighting sub if not the best......and then, on the other hand can try negotiate the U-boat deal again.....

They say...."try reaching for the stars and you will end up in moon...."

Cheers!!!

U 214 is the best conventional submarine available followed by U 209. Just my opinion.

U-214 and MERLIN have great PR.. AMUR with AIP is more cost effective and potent..this is the most silent sub out there..

I hope pak will be able to get the german tech for the U214. In the meantime should also get chinese subs....no time to loose
:pakistan:

PN needs subs perorid not many choices nor not too much time its time to safeguard our seas asap.

Salam, I really wanted to say that if PN has signed a deal with Germans in 2006 for producing about "6" of U-214 subs in Pakistan and may be gaining a licence to produce for other countries on a cheaper cost like for "BDs(may be 2-4 in 4-6 years of time)" and may be for some other S.Asian countries. And by the time they could work with chinese on the future development of N-submarines, because due to the fact that the future of most of the navaies that are planning for future procurement depends totally on to submarines instead of Destroyers,Frigates,Corvettes and may be even no more Missile Boats and Mine Hunters as there role would be taken by Submarines.
:pakistan::china::cheers:But the current conditions calls for about 6 chinese origin submarines of SSK class and may be invest or try to get some money to invest in Chinese future N-Submarines. :cheers::china::pakistan:

well im sure that they want to buy two types of subs one from west and one from china may be chinese sub might be nuke sub

Just what Pakistan needs, less schools and six subs to fight terrorism...

You seem to be really worried ... got some itch lolz.. every nations buys arms to protect its self from harm same can go for your nation as per regardimg schools and the poor stick to the topic don't get too exctied :china::pakistan:.

well i have one anser for this captain america what ever your country is runed on this all money comes from Muslim nations and when you sit in your car next time the fuel of that car comes from Muslim nations and it is our money where we want to spent if you say this to pakistan than india also have less schools and more subs

Its always good to look around for the best deal. U-214 is a good submarine no doubt about it. But if the deal is got stuck or if it is going at snails pace then there is no point in moaning about it, and saying I want my u-boat or I am not having anything else. From my personal persprective it would be great if we get nuclear subs from China. I know it would be a long shot and China is very secretive about its nuclear subs. But if we get hold of nuclear subs it will increase the defence capabilities many fold, while also giving us second strike capability in a nuclear confrontation.

Its always good to look around for the best deal. U-214 is a good submarine no doubt about it. But if the deal is got stuck or if it is going at snails pace then there is no point in moaning about it, and saying I want my u-boat or I am not having anything else. From my personal persprective it would be great if we get nuclear subs from China. I know it would be a long shot and China is very secretive about its nuclear subs. But if we get hold of nuclear subs it will increase the defence capabilities many fold, while also giving us second strike capability in a nuclear confrontation.

dont worry soon we will have our own top class nuclear sub...just be patient...this is just matter of time....:pakistan::pdf:

Back
Top Bottom