What's new

Pakistan budget-Fiscal year 2013-2014: Discussions

how much improvement do u want man ! im currently using 6 mb internet and paying only $25,do u know its cost in america/europe !also ptcl will be providing v-sat to home users in the future.how do u expect the govt to improve when whole sector is privatized which is a good thing.

Buddy I wasn't talking about rates, I was talking about quality and speed. Talking about America and Europe, do you know what download / upload speed you get there at 1 MB internet connection? And compare it will that of Pakistan, the formula here is 1/10 which means 1 MB connection will give you 1024 / 10 = 102.4 kbps. Which again is ideal scenario, mostly this speed is below 80 kbps at 1 MB connection. Also like I said before, internet facilities in lots of areas of Lahore is very poor. At my in laws' place in Lahore, the ptcl lines are about 30 years old and thus that whole area has no wired internet facility from any company because the media there don't support it. There are several other examples of this even in city like Lahore, forget backward / rural areas.

Also regarding wireless, there are lots of areas in Lahore where no wireless services are available. For example, Taj Pura, Lahore (my uncle lives there) is very populated area in heart of Lahore and no wireless company has signals coverage there including PTCL, Wateen, Link DotNet etc, I've checked several times but no progress as of yet.

Bottom line, even major cities like Lahore have flaws in internet services. The quality is mostly very bad and lots of areas still don't have proper internet facilities. Even though whole sector is almost privatized as you've said but basic infrastructure has to be provided by PTCL, go check cables and poles of PTCL in your area as a wild guess about the situation..

Buddy I wasn't talking about rates, I was talking about quality and speed. Talking about America and Europe, do you know what download / upload speed you get there at 1 MB internet connection? And compare it will that of Pakistan, the formula here is 1/10 which means 1 MB connection will give you 1024 / 10 = 102.4 kbps. Which again is ideal scenario, mostly this speed is below 80 kbps at 1 MB connection. Also like I said before, internet facilities in lots of areas of Lahore is very poor. At my in laws' place in Lahore, the ptcl lines are about 30 years old and thus that whole area has no wired internet facility from any company because the media there don't support it. There are several other examples of this even in city like Lahore, forget backward / rural areas.

Also regarding wireless, there are lots of areas in Lahore where no wireless services are available. For example, Taj Pura, Lahore (my uncle lives there) is very populated area in heart of Lahore and no wireless company has signals coverage there including PTCL, Wateen, Link DotNet etc, I've checked several times but no progress as of yet.

Bottom line, even major cities like Lahore have flaws in internet services. The quality is mostly very bad and lots of areas still don't have proper internet facilities. Even though whole sector is almost privatized as you've said but basic infrastructure has to be provided by PTCL, go check cables and poles of PTCL in your area as a wild guess about the situation..
excellent service in my area by ptcl ,with fiber optics of course!

Regarding Taxs at Individual Salaries in new budget, few interesting things:

Salaries below 40,000 per month = No Tax

40,000+ salary = Tax increased
40,001 - 100,000 = Tax increased
100,001 - 150,000 = Tax decreased
150,001 - 200,000 = Tax decreased
200,001 - 400,000 = Tax decreased
400,001 - 600,000 = Tax decreased
600,000+ = Tax increased

DAFUQ is this sh!t.. ? Enjoy this Awam Dost budget :omghaha:

PS: I just saw a report about this at Samaa TV, can't find online source of it as of yet...

Regarding Taxs at Individual Salaries in new budget, few interesting things:

Salaries below 40,000 per month = No Tax

40,000+ salary = Tax increased
40,001 - 100,000 = Tax increased
100,001 - 150,000 = Tax decreased
150,001 - 200,000 = Tax decreased
200,001 - 400,000 = Tax decreased
400,001 - 600,000 = Tax decreased
600,000+ = Tax increased

DAFUQ is this sh!t.. ? Enjoy this Awam Dost budget :omghaha:

PS: I just saw a report about this at Samaa TV, can't find online source of it as of yet...

Other than first 3 they have done the right thing by increasing Taxex because that income is of upper middle class not poor people so they should have increased the Tax but still can't understand how Ishaq Dar will end the cirular debt in 60 days without printing new notes

Other than first 3 they have done the right thing by increasing Taxex because that income is of upper middle class not poor people so they should have increased the Tax but still can't understand how Ishaq Dar will end the cirular debt in 60 days without printing new notes

Lower and middle class's salary taxes are increased while real rich man's salary tax has been decreased. I will try to post exact figures, at few instances the salary tax has been decreased from 22,000 to 10,000, I think that was for 300,000+ monthly salary. So they have imposed more tax on low income people and have given relaxation to high salaries rich people.

@Tiger Awan I saw the program again he said he would get rid of circular debt but how he didn't told that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
what is stupid abt it do u even how much ppl r earning from dairy farming bus why it shouldnt be taxed.?????

Oo Bhai, consumer "Mango Man" pay Sales Tax, people who are earning from dairy farming will have not effect on them infect they will get benefit as they will charge Sales Tax even on water they mix in milk and keep these taxes in their pockets

10 percent tax on Marriage hall, What the fudge? What's the business of government in marriage? Did people import their brides that government felt to tax marriage now?

the problem would still be the same.

TAX COLLECTING SYSTEM. the marriage halls would show 10 marriages on their accounts and arrange 50.

will collect 1.5 lac from customer and show 30,000 only.

so what will government get?

they to introduce a system to document the flow of money through banks, credit cards etc to bring the real transactions under tax net.

BMnjiJFCEAA64qd.jpg

cigarettes nikal kar baqi sub par jitna lagana hai lagaon :cray::cray::cray:

shoker hai tu bhi effect howa kisi baat say,

warna tou har baat ko darbariyo ki tarhan defend kerta hai.. :laughcry:

by the way:

Duty exempting on 1200cc hybrid cars is hypocrisy .There are only 1300cc & above.Local Car Manufacturing Mafia prevailed with increase in taxes on local manufacturers !!

all hail to the nawaz kingo !!

For the first time in history of Pakistan ...Tax on milk. LoL thats really stupid.

thats because Hamza shehbaz is in this business, what they did with halla milk and how they stole its business to theirs in broad day light is no secret.

yeh woh kuttti nasal hai, jo logo kay moun say nawalay bhi khainch lain or zara bhi sharam na kareen, kyon kay aj kal kay phairoon, kal kay phairono say ziyada taqat war hain...

what BS

manifesto is for 5 years.

pmln manifesto says no increase in tax rate, while budget shows increase in tax rate from 16 to 17% percent, apart from raising tax on milk, cooking oil etc.

BMnjdZ8CIAAtEns.jpg:large

lies start from day one.

caught red handed over manifesto lie, lets see what excuse you come up with?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom