What's new

Pakistan carries out airstrikes along AfPak border

It doesn't matter now. You just can't defeat any type of proxy in Afghanistan. Only the Taliban has the capability to destroy any group. I don't know whether Pakistan asked Taliban to destroy TTP or not. It looks like we gave them power and they turned their backs because Taliban calls TTP brothers. This is reality. Taliban has got land vacated by Americans. they are doing great in Afghanistan and they don't care whether soldiers in Pakistan are dying are not. This is why I call these afghans biggest namakharaams.

I have presented this idea of invasion several times. invade and annex. Make it part of pakistan. Pakistan must become bigger if it wants to come to equal terms with India. Same for Iran as well. Any country that is weak but harming us through proxies should be destroyed or annexed.
Iran have been helping with terrorists actually according to @/PanzerKiel.

Annexing Afghanistan is not possible, as you can see after the American attempt, they have a very capable guerilla warfare strategy.

Another long term option could be to collapse the Taliban regime. Taliban are brutal tyrants. A tyrannical system can never work. People will slowly rise up. Just give them weapons. In addition, choke their economy. Close all trade.
Perhaps a different ethnicity in power... like Tajik or Hazara? Is this possible?

One reason I like Shahbaz Sharif is due to his strange liking for creating anti-terrorist forces/squads. He was the brains behind Dolphin Force and its setup in Pakistan.
I don’t see what’s to like there. Creating a dozen new squads/forces doesn’t address the underlying issues.

A better use of such resources would be to focus on reforms within existing law enforcement agencies and focus on better equipment and training for the existing Elite Force units within existing police departments to handle Counter Terrorism and other more violent criminal elements (gangs, dacoits, drug mafias etc), similar to SWAT units in the West.

US law enforcement agencies typically have SWAT units to handle COIN/CT contingencies requiring a kinetic response. Beyond that the focus needs to be on capacity building of existing law enforcement.

Annexing Afghanistan is not possible, as you can see after the American attempt, they have a very capable guerilla warfare strategy.
Annexing the whole of Afghanistan is pointless, and not doable given our resources. However, in case of a war, annexation of Wakhan corridor is very viable under the pretext of buffer zone. It is a thin strip of land handed over to Afghans to create a buffer between British India and Russia. It is practically unpopulated. Should it happen, it will secure a route to central Asia. Its border with Afghanistan would also be tiny.

Later down the line, it can act as a bargaining chip to settle the border issue.

Last edited:
Diplomatically this will be difficult.

And will we be able to effectively hold it? What's the population count and how does it compare to Waziristan?
Why? Just claim security buffer much like Israel, Morocco, Turkey and others do.

And it's not like US will be heart broken when the losing side is the Taliban.

Annexing the whole Afghanistan is pointless, and not doable given our resources. However, in case of a war, annexation of Wakhan corridor is very viable under the pretext of buffer zone. It is a thin strip of land handed over to Afghans to create a buffer between British India and Russia. It is practically unpopulated. Should it happen, it will secure a route to central Asia. Its border with Afghanistan would also be tiny.
Yes, that was in response to @Arsalan345 who wanted the whole of Afghanistan annexed. Which is only possible if the people themselves want to merge, otherwise it will just bring more problems.

One question i would like to ask fellow posters is why do IEA not act against TTP is it because of the ideleogical similarities between them only or the reason could be more grounded i.e your average talibani terrorist wouldnot like to see his brother in TTP being targeted.Thus to avoid further fragmentation and to not test the loyality of taliban foot soldier perhaps this is them just being practical on their part.Ofcourse this should not matter to us we should pummel TTP to dust regardless.

One question i would like to ask fellow posters is why do IEA not act against TTP is it because of the ideleogical similarities between them only or the reason could be more grounded i.e your average talibani terrorist wouldnot like to see his brother in TTP being targeted.Thus to avoid further fragmentation and to not test the loyality of taliban foot soldier perhaps this is them just being practical on their part.Ofcourse this should not matter to us we should pummel TTP to dust regardless.
They are two sides of the same coin. They intermarried.

We all know that IEA/TTP are one in the same. They have the same ideology, are the same ethnicity, are from the same tribes, and hail from the same regions along the Pak-Afghan border. They are literally brothers and have fought alongside each other whether it was against soviets or americans. No one truly expects them to act harshly against the TTP like how they are acting against IS-K, Al Qaeda, and other terror groups. What we want is for IEA to gradually convince TTP for-hire jihadis to shift their focus away from Pakistan as it is a futile effort. They can do whatever the hell they want with TTP as long as TTP does not carry out cross-border attacks. The TTP insurgency within Pakistan will be dealt with by IBO's and other operations. Why can't the IEA integrate the TTP within their own ranks and convince them to contribute to afghan security, law, economy, etc. Tell them to put their guns down because fighting Pakistani muslims is not jihad.

They were conquered by the British, Soviets, Americans and as they allege, the Pakistanis through proxy. In fact, they're still salty about having KPK being conquered by the British and don't recognize the durrand line after 100 years.

They were also under the rule of various empires both islamic & preislamic before creating their ethnostate.

This whole "graveyard of empires" myth was created by american media when the soviets invaded

I've seen a lot of people putting posts on their Instagram stories condemning the attack. All a bunch of brainwashed westerners who have no problem when their own country bombs the Taliban, but for some reason Pakistan hasn't got that right?

All Pakistan needs to do is stop providing IEA with food and aid. Even with our aid over 40,000 people are thought to have starved to death in IEA. Imagine how many would succumb to famine if we didn't provide aid, and prevented other countries from doing so as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom