What's new

Pakistan developing new ICBM/SLV

There's no political rationale for Pakistan so far to go for an ICBM. However continuing development of new capabilities in a regional context does make sense.
Money is better spent improving the quality of our current missiles, MaRV, MIRV, decreasing RCS, fuel efficiency, prep time, accuracy, software, ECM, composites, etc, etc.

I think 3000km max official range is fine, on the side we could develop an SLV which will essentially lay the groundworks for an ICBM without officially announcing it

Money is better spent improving the quality of our current missiles, MaRV, MIRV, decreasing RCS, fuel efficiency, prep time, accuracy, software, ECM, composites, etc, etc.

I think 3000km max official range is fine, on the side we could develop an SLV which will essentially lay the groundworks for an ICBM without officially announcing it
There should be no limit to range, any and every part of the globe should be covered.

Pakistan, IMHO, would be better off not drawing too much attention and sticking to a new missile under 2750km in range. Better to spend extra resources on warhead count, missile count, high yield, and decoys.

A survivable arsenal is more valuable than a longer range one we have no need to use (unless directly threatened and need to address, in which case another stage could be added and the range extended by a few thousand more kilometers relatively easily).

Something like the Pukguksong-3

A very informative podcast on the missile

P.s. I hope Pakistan supplements/replaces its Shaheen 1/1A missile with a more compact 1000 km carbon fiber missile (faster and with a hypersonic glider warhead to evade all known defenses). The smaller the missile, the easier it will be to move and hide from enemy detection (especially if the TEL; Transporter Erector launcher, looks as much like a normal army truck)
Akin to the planned 1000 km range US PRSM Missile (0.432 meter diameter and 3.962 meter long missile, wow)
on a relatively small truck.

should be a regular looking army truck (per the rules of war) like this. During high tensions it would allow a small convoy, of similar looking trucks for force protection (maybe on truck carries an air defense system under its canopy), to carry a missile and do the famous “shell game” more efficiently. Spreading units all over the extensive national road network with a fully active 1000 km missile with a 250 kt warhead mated and really to go, it would make it really hard to find one let alone take out the entire arsenal. Instead of long range, build more of these 2750 km and 1000 km missiles and the warheads. Build up the arsenal to at least 500 warheads, such that denuclearization will be hard, and Pakistan could even offer a nuclear umbrella to partner nations if politics require, without significant effect on Pakistan’s own deterrence strength.
Iveco_Truck_Belgium_01.JPG

A missile like the small SLBM being made by North Korea.

Last edited:
What most people don't see is that the third stage is 1.8 meter dia.
Much wider than any missile Pakistan has..
It was to be part of a longer range liquid fueled system which was never made..
Now reincarnated as payload stage of a solid fuel missile.
Cobbled together parts of an ancient system and a new one.
Both tried and tested on their own.
Now being tested together.
This latest missing firing shows increased confidence in the system.

Pretty smart strategy. Use what you have and what works.

A missile is only fired from deep inland and flown over inhabited areas , if it's proven it's functionality and now reliable.
Last test was from sea shore. So that if anything goes wrong it all falls in the sea.
Now they are confident enough to fly it from deep inland.

This was the surprising part. If it's a test launch, you'd expect it to be from Sonmiani or other places along the shore. Not as far as inland as this.

Pretty smart strategy. Use what you have and what works.

This was the surprising part. If it's a test launch, you'd expect it to be from Sonmiani or other places along the shore. Not as far as inland as this.
Was it on a lofted trajectory? Did it impact within Pakistan?

There should be no limit to range, any and every part of the globe should be covered.
I mean of course I agree with you, but you don't want to gain too much unwanted attention, even if the capability is covertly there.

You are on the grey list of some states, black list could be fatal for a country with poor fundamentals.

I mean of course I agree with you, but you don't want to gain too much unwanted attention, even if the capability is covertly there.

You are on the grey list of some states, black list could be fatal for a country with poor fundamentals.
You sound as if Pakistan is a chained dog.

Pakistan has constructed a new horizontal test stand for large solid-fueled motors at its Attock missile development complex.

Pakistan has been developing a new solid-fueled missile to carry heavy payloads to Indian targets, possibly MIRVed. Effectively the same idea as the old Soviet Pioneer missile. If they want a solid-fueled missile with a diameter of 2m+, they're gonna need a test stand like this.

We should take this as evidence that Pakistan is serious about developing a medium range MIRV system. India has some advantage in quick, accurate striking, so bolstering the survivability of your force by loading up individual missiles with lots of warheads is an obvious choice.

I predict full system test within 3 years. New missile likely to be canisterized.

Someone else on twitter says test stand may have SLBM applications. But since no Pakistani submarine is in development with VLS I can't see this happening within the next 10 - 15 years.
Conspiracy theories

Was it on a lofted trajectory? Did it impact within Pakistan?
Pakistan only ever officially released apogee data of a ballistic missile once, along with warhead weight.
That was AQ Khan's ballsy move.
The Ghauri missile first launch was reported officially in a press conference to have risen to 350 km altitude, carrying a 700kg warhead.
Never again such data was released for another missile test.
So we won't know what trajectory Ababeel followed.

However there was one innocent Strategic planning division official at a booth at IDEAS exhibition, who accurately mentioned Shaheen 3 speed at atmospheric reentry.
It was a very accurate figure,
22 thousand 2 hundred 50 kilometres per hour.
I Don't know if he has been sacked or still at job.

Pakistan is unusually secretive and deceptive about capabilities the their missiles.

Pakistan only ever officially released apogee data of a ballistic missile once, along with warhead weight.
That was AQ Khan's ballsy move.
The Ghauri missile first launch was reported officially in a press conference to have risen to 350 km altitude, carrying a 700kg warhead.
Never again such data was released for another missile test.
So we won't know what trajectory Ababeel followed.

However there was one innocent Strategic planning division official at a booth at IDEAS exhibition, who accurately mentioned Shaheen 3 speed at atmospheric reentry.
It was a very accurate figure,
22 thousand 2 hundred 50 kilometres per hour.
I Don't know if he has been sacked or still at job.

Pakistan is unusually secretive and deceptive about capabilities the their missiles.
If a country like North Korea can have ICBMs, then Pakistan should have them too.

But the Pakistani economy urgently needs attention. The economy needs to improve.

Just manufacturing textiles, soccer balls, sports goods, agricultural goods, is not going to get us very far.

Pakistan should develop ICBMs and send satellites in space.

But please improve the economy and reputation of the country.

Make economy at least $800 billion dollar economy.

Thank you. 🙂
First you need to make all the elites/ghq thieves into khalayi aliens using all the surplus rockets.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom