What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

PAF F-16D block 52 in Quetta

F-16Dblock52.jpg

i dont know why people are so fanatic about the CFT'S...Conformal fuel tanks (CFTs) are additional fuel tanks fitted closely to the profile of an aircraft which extend either the range or "time on station" of the aircraft, with little aerodynamic penalty compared to the same fuel capacity carried in external drop tanks.

Conformal fuel tanks have the disadvantage that, unlike drop tanks, they cannot be discarded when empty. This is because conformal tanks are plumbed into the aircraft, and can only be removed on the ground. Thus, when the CFTs are empty, the aircraft continues to suffer the same aerodynamic penalty, with no benefit. However, to use the Eurofighter Typhoon as an example, an aircraft with CFTs can carry a full weapons load and two 1,500 litre CFTs, whereas a Typhoon without CFTs has to sacrifice at least two weapons pylons to carry drop tanks, reducing either range or weapons load.

i think simply aerial refueling can do the job

PAF Chief has repeatedly said CFT's are here but won't be installed unless Plane is on a special mission because they create a lot of drag and affect maneuverability of Jet.Not sure why people think of CFT as some thing important like Missile or Radar.

PAF Chief has repeatedly said CFT's are here but won't be installed unless Plane is on a special mission because they create a lot of drag and affect maneuverability of Jet.Not sure why people think of CFT as some thing important like Missile or Radar.

Very true and agreed its really the cool look it gives the viper that many of us are crazy about and it has gotten out of control as we many of us are dieing to see our new vipers with cft's thats all nothing more :D

us recently approve military aid of 2 billion doller for pakiatan . any chance for more f-16 ?

No After the deliveries of these F-16s the possibility of more F-16s is limited, the focus would be entirely on JFT/FC-20

Pakistan should now concentrate on buying F-22 raptor and Sukhoi Su 30 MKI (Russian).

There is no possibility of F-22 for PAF, not even after decades. US is not willing to sell F-22 to even its closet allies, forgot abt Pakistan. Its much much costlier and requires very high maintenance.
Su-30MKI is Su-30 varient which is customized for India only. Other varients are also very costly and on top of that Russia is not willing to sell any of them to PAF. Maximum PAF can get J-11 varients from China, if they can pay their price and later maintain such heavy air superiority ACs.

Is there any block 60 of F-16?
I think that varient is not offered to PAF as of now. Never heard of Block 60 for PAF.

Pakistan should now concentrate on buying F-22 raptor and Sukhoi Su 30 MKI (Russian).
If we ever bought american 5th gen its going to be f35 not F22 because its prohibited by law to sell F22.

2nd Su30 is good plane but i don't think our relations with Russia is that good. Russia will never sell directly but only via China.

Back
Top Bottom