What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

2197151.jpg

F-16 CJ Block-52 '10909' at Lajes during it's delivery flight to Pakistan.

Crew Chief Profiles

Lt. Muhammad Ashraf "Ashraf" Zafar (Ret.)
Crew Chief Profiles
Name Lt. Muhammad Ashraf Zafar (Ret.)
Country
Unit 11th squadron "Arrows"
Crewing F-16s from 1985 until 1992
I worked on F-16 and Chinese aircraft in various Sqn of the PAF

My Jets & Assignments
82701 [Detailed history of this F-16]
Unit 11th squadron "Arrows" [Unit History]
Period 1985 - 1992
Current: 82701 PAF 11 sqn F-16A Block 15 [w/o]

11th squadron (PAF)
"Arrows"
F-16 Units | Pakistan Air Force units 11 sqn "Arrows" (PAF)
Version: F-16A/B block 20 MLU
Role: Multirole
Tailband: N/A
Motto: Your destination is above everyone else’s destination.
Badge: An arrow pointing up through a circle of stars.

GOODRICH DB-110

in early january 2009, the PAF took delivery of its DB-110 systems and almost immediately put them on F-16 aircraft to carry out integration and acceptance trials.

a PAF DB-110 expert explained; "we are using them regularly - for battle damage assessment and mapping which provide us with latest time intelligence of value (LTIoV). we are about to get a capability enhancement, while Royal Air Force (RAF) personnel have been here sharing their experience of their (DB-110 based) RAPTOR(Rcon Air Pod for Tornado) system and showing us ways of exploiting the system even further so we can get more out of it. they have even designed a special course for the PAF".

according to Goodrich, the DB-110 provides real-time high-quality imagery intelligence from stand-off to close-in-range to the target, enabling aircrew and imagery analysts to verify targets and conduct mission-related tasks such as battle damage assessment.

the DB-110 sensor can be operated autonomously by the pod's recon management system or can be used interactively with aircrew input for new task-entry and target-of-opportunity imaging.

during bombing missions, pilots are selected from different squadrons to ensure experience and expertise is spread throughout the force. designated squadrons are responsible for training pilots in the close air support role.

a huge air-to-ground firing range is used to practice high-altitude steep dive-angle bombing manoeuvres, with the new pilots also flying a couple of missions in the rear seat to get a feel of the situation.

AIR international

introduction of the DB-110 sensor into PAF service has meant the recon variant of the Mirage is all but redundant.

Lightning 2 (Burk 2)

the PAF was aware that anti-insurgency operations would have to become part of operational doctrine, so plans were put in place to ensure that all fighter squadrons worked on their air-to-ground skills, culminating in a large anti-insurgency excercise. this led to a series of "Saffron Bandit" excercises in August 2009 in which all fighter units deployed to a designated base.

generally two units deployed for three weeks at a time over a six-month period until February 2010, by which time every squadron had attended the course. each squadron worked with the combat commanders school (CCS) on air-to-ground doctrine, using the PAF's air-to-ground bombing range where a mock 'terrorist village' had been built. pilots would gain the opportunity to experience the intensity of this kind of conflict and the necessary tactics to tackle such scenarios.

at the same time the army started its own rotation of units to the firing range to work with the PAF as both services sought to bolster their close air support training. the US Air Force (USAF) even sent some JTAC's to provide expertise and input.

within weeks of Saffron Bandit ending, the PAF took the chance to test everyone's resolve and commitment by launching Excercise High Mark 2010 on March 15. this two-month "mother of all excercises" wasnt just to test the counter-insurgency lessons, but also to see how the PAF would react to a threat from a neigbouring state. it tested most bases and all trades - pilots, maintenance personnel, engineers, logistics, administrators, air traffic, etc.

during the first ten days the PAF flew as many sorties as it usually does in three months of ops, with everyone working to their limits.

for the PAF, 2010 was remarkable for its large number of excercises;

Saffron Bandit.
High Mark, which included a motorway landing by two fighter aircraft.
Red Flag (at Nellis AFB, Nevada in the USA)
Bright Star (Egypt)
Anatolian Eagle (Turkey)

and the Advanced Tactical Leadership Course (at Al Dharfa AB, UAE).

unbelievably, in a year when the PAF flew more than 90,000 hours (around 10% more than usual), there were no accidents.

Today in history18 Dec 1975
Assembly of F-16 Number One begins

Is this true that these F-16' cannot be used against the Bharati?

I saw an interview of a former air marshal and he is saying this. :what:

Perspectives: Can Pakistan make Russia Queen of Asia? - YouTube

Dear Faraz this question has been answered many times... and to tell you the truth our vipers will be and shall be used against any threat inside the country or a enemy outside simply. A nation doesn't buy wepons for show and does not buy them to keep them out of use incase of a war against evil when it is put upon us. So in the end yes vipers and all other assists will be used when the time arises which i hope not the rest is all rubish.

Today in history

23 Dec 1981
Pakistan orders 6 F-16s (Peace Gate I) becoming the 9th customer.

23 Dec 1981
Pakistan orders 34 F-16s (Peace Gate II).

Dear Faraz this question has been answered many times... and to tell you the truth our vipers will be and shall be used against any threat inside the country or a enemy outside simply. A nation doesn't buy wepons for show and does not buy them to keep them out of use incase of a war against evil when it is put upon us. So in the end yes vipers and all other assists will be used when the time arises which i hope not the rest is all rubish.

Yes but doesn't US have restrictions for PAF's F-16's on conducting offensive operations outside of Pakistani air space? Apparently that was one of the major pre-conditions before procurement. The F-16's they sold to Pakistan are laden with sealed off systems and tracking devices which most likely reveal the position of the aircraft to I suppose Lockheed Martin or USAF.

Tiny virus chips???
If they had to do it, they would.
We are sure because we made sure.. we knew what strings are attached or not.
the MLU is being done in Turkey..by TAI personnel who have done this a hundred times before.
What is amiss.. the checks on the electronic pods.. sealed sensitive components.. we have been told before.

Aren't their parts of the F-16 which even the TAI personnel do not have access to because of US restriction?

Apart from the continued production of JF17, there isn't much going on. If you have anything else, please do guide me.

i will not go much outaa topic well PAF have BVR capability new BVR weapons air refulling capability new xhineese/US and sweaden AWACS J 10 deal...capability to land fighter jets like mirages on motorways...new F 16 blck 50/52 upgrading F 16 fighter engines locally in PAC and locallu upgrading F16 blck 30 with MLU.....
i suppose its enough for 5 years.
raad is also developed in this time uqaab uav falco UAV production......

Back
Top Bottom