What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1448902013476-jpg.276080

@Oscar @Horus @Bratva @MastanKhan @HRK
Guys, check it out, MLU have scored over the Block-52s.

f 16 is the largest selling aircraft of the world. we like it in paf in any shape and any block.

Mlu are more maneuverable than block 52+ ... I can't see your attachment can you re post it

Alan Warnes ‏@warnesyworld 16 hrs16 hours ago
No 11 Sqn with upgraded F-16A/Bs have won the two week Pak AF Inter squadron armament competition. Included JF-17s and Bk52s for first time

A very reliable source confirmed that through MLU programme, the F-16A/B has become some 1000kg lighter making it even more nimble, however not sure if the competition involved DACT between the two or just A2G and gunnery competition.

It appears that everyone in the forum has their personal likes & dislikes. Some people dislike F-16 essentially because it is American & everything from US should be discarded. Whereas for others it is the JF-17. Post quoted above calls Jf-17 as the “Worst decision ever made by PAF”.

No doubt even the best professionals have difference of opinion and one could possibly accept such comments by an ex-PAF fighter pilot who has flown many contemporary aircrafts and concluded that JF-17 performance is below par & hence would be a sitting duck in combat.

Additionally, since JF-17 is to be the ‘work horse’ of future PAF fleet; I would expect Honourable ‘Asli Lahori’ to back up such a strong condemnation of the PAF General Staff and the aircraft with concrete evidence. At the very least; a viable alternative that was available to Pakistan but was not taken up by the idiots at the PAF who pursued JF-17 instead; should be provided.

In my personal opinion; given the scarce resources available to the country and the fact that in case of any Western fighter; there would always be threat of sanctions; Thunder is the best aircraft that PAF could afford to acquire in large numbers. It may not be the ‘State of the art’ but still far superior to the Mig21’s & Mirage s that JF-17 is scheduled to replace.

This post reminds of a quote by famous sage Sh. Saadi who stated:

Harkas ra aql-e-khood by kamaal me numayed wa aulad-e khwaish ba jamaal.

Meaning “Everyone considers his intellect to be excellent and his children beautiful.” This was said in 13th century but very true even today.
What if JF would have equivalent or little bigger size than the F16 and having the AL-XX series engine, how much cost increase it would be ? Having the same Electronics etc.

Last edited:
Thanks..............................................:smitten::pakistan:

What if JF would have equivalent or little bigger size than the F16 and having the AL-XX series engine, how much cost increase it would be ? Having the same Electronics etc.

Neither China nor Pakistan; designers of JF-17; have not yet come up with this idea. Therefore any reply to this question would only be hypothetical. I have no idea and wouldn’t even hazard a guess.

My comment would be that if we wanted a plane similar to F-16 or slightly better, why only 8 F-16’s of the new model? We should have exercised the option for the full 18.

Alternately, if the money is there, PAF should go for the latest Russian or Chinese fighters. Don't you think that investing time & financial resources to design a fighter only slighter better than F-16 would be a wasted effort?

Back
Top Bottom