What's new

Pakistan is Developing Indigenous Long Range BVRAAM.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan defense industry is developing an extended range BVRAAM. The FAAZ-II AAM will have an active seeker and a stated range of 180km. If this project is successful, it will revolutionize the capabilities of existing aircraft in PAF service. The GIDS has earlier presented FAAZ and FAAZ IR versions for sale in Turkiye. Both of these AAMs have BVR capabilities.

Screenshot_20231028_200825_Chrome.jpg

Pakistan defense industry is developing an extended range BVRAAM. The FAAZ-II AAM will have an active seeker and a stated range of 180km. If this project is successful, it will revolutionize the capabilities of existing aircraft in PAF service. The GIDS has earlier presented FAAZ and FAAZ IR versions for sale in Turkiye. Both of these AAMs have BVR capabilities.

View attachment 966068
From this picture its looks like AGM for me rather than BVRAAM

If this project is successful, it will revolutionize the capabilities of existing aircraft in PAF service.
Don't think so, it offers no technological break through compared to what we already field, PL-15E, PL-10E.

I guess if it's a ramjet powered BVR then it can be analogous to the Meteor in a way

(Although ofc, IP rights and getting in-house development experience in is very important)

Last edited:

View attachment 966068

View attachment 966068

How well it will do against Flares and EW of enemy aircraft?

I hope it outperforms.

View attachment 966068
What does it stand for?? Is it a name or abbreviation?? Pakistan must integrate thrust vectoring and terminal IR seeker to this missile too allow for the missile to more effectively hit highly maneuverable fighters at the very last leg of the shot....

Well, I appreciate indigenous efforts. This is the key to learning.
I'm just confused at how we have enough funds to run so many parallel programs, or maybe I'm overestimating the resources required?

Also curious to know about the engine technology used and if it's truly indigenous with full IP rights

The Faaz missile program is a Pakistani adaptation of the China's SD10 missile
FAAZ is a learning effort .
True it's reverse engineered SD10 but I don't think there is any harm in it

Well, I appreciate indigenous efforts. This is the key to learning.
If SPD succeeded in mastering Dual Pulse Rocket Motor & Seeker technology,It can be scaled down to various applications like Ground & Ship based SAMs.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom