What's new

Pakistan is Developing Indigenous Long Range BVRAAM.

Licensed production is very important at the initial stage. During the times when we had good relations with the USA, we produced all our F16s and Egypt's F16s. At that time, they called us "licensed manufacturer", but today the result is obvious.

From this picture its looks like AGM for me rather than BVRAAM
1698525517311.png
this looks like AGM more than FAAZ 2..

The Faaz missile program is a Pakistani adaptation of the China's SD10 missile
look at sd-10 than look at this..At IDEX event in Turkiye Pakistan unveiled Faaz 1 which is more similar to sd-10A but than again sd-10A has a range of 80km and Faaz 1 has a range of 100km and comes with modular seeker i.e:IIR and radar while sd-10a only comes with radar seeker..
1698525768738.png
1698525792606.png

The Faaz missile program is a Pakistani adaptation of the China's SD10 missile
While Iron-Brother China is a reliable source of modern weapons and technology for Pakistan, not everything developed in Pakistan is an adaption of corresponding Chinese system. Probably Pakistan gets assistance in the form of some sub-systems, Pakistani engineers develop their own sub-systems too. In fact, even the integration of Chinese sub-systems into the overall system is not a trivial task. AK and Ak1 tanks represent just one example of that. For brainless Indians, Pakistan just does the re-painting job. And that's good for us too. We love to see pajeets wandering and lost in delusions.

@Kompromat Any idea how we have the resources to sustain such programs? I thought we were cash-strapped

Also a lot of our systems are adaptations of Chinese and foreign systems, not seeing much ground up grassroot R&D. I think if we want a sustainable long-term reliable defence industry then we need to build that fundamental research environment and high quality STEM programs.

Adapting on Chinese technologies isn't sustainable

There's a massive focus on the development, manufacturing of precision guided stand off munitions. Ukraine is facing crippling supply chain issues, despite getting support from NATO.

View attachment 966205
great.. also GMLRS can ba a 'value added' addition.. sort of HIMARS.. also small and big drones..
but what about artillery?... think 9 years ago we tripled the brass manufacturing capacity (assuming some pieces still have brass shells).. I think that is the biggest takeaway to suppress or keep the enemy at bay.. followed by precision attack by drones, smart munition etc. what do you think?

@Kompromat Any idea how we have the resources to sustain such programs? I thought we were cash-strapped
We aren't. Most if the costs of these are in PKR, which well we can just print. And since in reletive terms its a small amount just issue bonds to alleviate the inflation impact.
Also a lot of our systems are adaptations of Chinese and foreign systems, not seeing much ground up grassroot R&D. I think if we want a sustainable long-term reliable defence industry then we need to build that fundamental research environment and high quality STEM programs.

There is indeed grassroots work being done, but adapting technologies is the way to go. Everyone who has found success has started this way from the Chinese to hell even the Americans who spent most of the XIX century copying European designs.

No technical specs, no proof, just some stupid news these Army corrupts like to float every now and then. This news is extremely unreliable and just another wet dream. :lol:

Most of these programs are a culmination of decades of work. They're all coming to fruition at the same time, which is why it is easy to have that impression.

Back
Top Bottom