What's new

Pakistan mulls options of fifth generation fighter jet from China-Russia

i absolutely agree with you. the options are

1- a variant of J-16 [highly likely]
2- su-35 [less likely]
3- EFT next version with CFT [most likely]

my bet is on #3 that is EFT with CFT, in dual seat version. total of 54 examples, with some manufacturing at PAC to lower the cost. there is definitely a saudi angle. and there is definitely a next gen fighter angle that PAF intent to develop. the engine technology is a key part. and that will align us with turkey's initiate.
Haris khan PDF said long time about this third type more likely j16 /15 .

We need realistic approach ...
In light category we have JF-17 and upcoming block III will outmatch all birds in Light category , 200+ of them will be enough for all Migs and Jags and M2Ks of IAF.
Does PAF need One new Medium Fighter ? Yes PAF need one, F-16s(No doubt that they are best in there category ) are getting old (majority we have are old version only few are New block-52)and they are sanction prone and what not,,,, We have to let them go one day. We also have to retire our Mirages (We can not change and replace all of our birds with JF-17 or I would say with One Bird), so best Option if we look closely is J-10P(P stands for Pakistani version). There induction not only allow us to replace Mirages (delta with delta ) but also give us 40+ years of peace of mind in there category. Second best option is (was) M2K I guess we missed that train already.
Does PAF need heavy 4.5 Gen bird ? Yes PAF do need one , for deep strikes and for Seas , Best options are EFT , Su-35 and J series from China. If Money can be arranged then EFT is the best among all (if available) , There are more countries involved in EFT programme and all of them are our allies , and our best ally counties also using that bird , so sanction wont be that effective plus that bird can help us in Our Next Gen Bird program and in JF-17 program even in J-10 if we buy them, Russian Bird (Su-35) is also great but can we trust Russia on that??? Then China's J series that also have issue with selling to other countries.
For 5th Gen , We can work with Turkey and China on different options , meanwhile we can buy (if pocket allows) J-31 .......
In short , PAF need more birds in 2 categories which are Medium and Heavy , We already wasted many years I hope we don't waist many more.

Negative. Pakistan is not getting anyone of those in another 30 years.
Simple reason, China and Russia itself are not masters in 5th gen jets yet.

Pakistan dont have money to eat grass so forget the planes. If we arrange some zakat money but unfortunately no seller is ready to sell some. Thread should be posted on joke section.

Misleading title. We don't need to create confusion about the fifth gen program and I would take the words of ACM Amanullah far more seriously than a PM who has nothing more than a year to stay in this position. However, it may be that Pakistan is looking for inducting a 4.5th gen heavy fighter, as a stop gap solution, that can be from non-USA sources.
I trust PM more than PAF chief. Because of defense establishment we are in this pathetic state.

PAF strategy is to wait a decade and as soon as India started producing F-16 Pakistan would go for it from India.

How about Mirage 2000 from French airforce and UAE as a stop Gap arrangement 's ?

i absolutely agree with you. the options are

1- a variant of J-16 [highly likely]
2- su-35 [less likely]
3- EFT next version with CFT [most likely]

my bet is on #3 that is EFT with CFT, in dual seat version. total of 54 examples, with some manufacturing at PAC to lower the cost. there is definitely a saudi angle. and there is definitely a next gen fighter angle that PAF intent to develop. the engine technology is a key part. and that will align us with turkey's initiate.
U can buy a package with New and used upgrade typhoons can reduce the costs .

@Zarvan so which is it according to your sources? Russian su35 or Chinese fifth gen?

Short term solution: Acquire true 4th generation fighter, option are limited to J-11/J-16 or SU-35 while working on JF-17 block 3 and block 4.
Long term solution (Between 2025-2030): Buy technology from China (J-31/J-20), Russia (Project Mikoyan LMFS/Sukhoi Su-57), Turkey (TAI TFX project) and other friendly countries for the 5th generation fighter project.

Job done, collect your wage for the day and go back your slum.
Bro, it is because of our weakness that they are in that state of mind of trolling us which is right. We are pathetic. We deserved to be trolled.

Well this ACM is very different and visionary.
All are same, mark my words nothing will happen. Aviation city will be just a lollypop to calm our nerves and nothing will happen, infact aviation city is nothing but a corruption industry to steel more money.

Back
Top Bottom