What's new

Pakistan mulls options of fifth generation fighter jet from China-Russia

Most likely would be a Chinese 5th gen aircraft, but who knows ? we have to wait and see.

Why you are offended and abusive?
Get a job dear, your life will be better.

On Topic- you are just dreaming.
Then why you are saying that Pakistan got nothing in the future Chinese options still there in the form of J-10 and it's our problems how we tackled not yourso_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro, it is because of our weakness that they are in that state of mind of trolling us which is right. We are pathetic. We deserved to be trolled.
Well, like any nation, we have our weaknesses but that does not mean a troll can derail the thread with his stinkers. We have made mistakes but we are not more pathetic than them. Our JF17 is flying and developing into a formidable fighter while Tejas is a failure and they took a decade to decide about their next gen A/C Rafale. While Pakistan Airforce has already launched the proejct Azm for the 5th gen A/C and I totally support this approach. All we need is a stop gap solution. Su-35 looks very good on paper but PAF is not very keen on it and also it has not been battle tested. Even in Syria, Russia is using Su-34s. PAF rejected Rafale due to economic reasons (most absurd reason) but basically they were blinded by F-16 and they just thought USA would keep obliging them forever due to some unwritten rule or agreement with them that we don't know. So now the best option is EFT but your economy is in shambles due to the exorbitant amount of embezzlement by the politicians especially in the last 3 decades.

Most likely would be a Chinese 5th gen aircraft, but who knows ? we have to wait and see.
It would be derived heavily from a Chinese 5th gen but I guess it won't be ditto copy of the current 5th gens.

All are same, mark my words nothing will happen. Aviation city will be just a lollypop to calm our nerves and nothing will happen, infact aviation city is nothing but a corruption industry to steel more money.

Totally disagreed. Five fingers are never equal and chiefs have been different in the past. Aviation city is a very very good initiative and I just wish it had been started earlier, a decade earlier but it is never too late. No they are not doing it to please us since they are not politicians and common people don't even know about these things. You should learn to see thing in reality and control your negativity. I'm one of their critics on PDF (ref @Oscar @MastanKhan). But we have to pay the due wherever it is due.

Why you are offended and abusive?
Get a job dear, your life will be better.

On Topic- you are just dreaming.
Because that's none of your business and your open air crap just spreads stink and lowers the quality of the forum so GTHOH

Last edited:
Well, like any nation, we have our weaknesses but that does not mean a troll can derail the thread with his stinkers. We have made mistakes but we are not more pathetic than them. Our JF17 is flying and developing into a formidable fighter while Tejas is a failure and they took a decade to decide about their next gen A/C Rafale. While Pakistan Airforce has already launched the proejct Azm for the 5th gen A/C and I totally support this approach. All we need is a stop gap solution. Su-35 looks very good on paper but PAF is not very keen on it and also it has not been battle tested. Even in Syria, Russia is using Su-34s. PAF rejected Rafale due to economic reasons (most absurd reason) but basically they were blinded by F-16 and they always hoped USA would keep obliging them due to some unwritten rule or agreement with them. So now the best option is EFT but your economy is in shambles due to the exorbitant amount of embezzlement by the politicians especially in the last 3 decades.

It would be derived heavily from a Chinese 5th gen but I guess it won't be ditto copy of the current 5th gens.

Totally disagreed. Five fingers are never equal and chief have been different in the past. Aviation city is a very very good initiative and I just wish it had been started earlier, a decade earlier but it is never too late. No they are not doing it to please us since they are not politicians and common people don't even know about these things. You should learn to see thing in reality and control your negativity. I'm one of their critics on PDF (ref @Oscar @MastanKhan). But we have to pay the due wherever it is due.

Because that's none of your business and your open air crap just spreads stink and lowers the quality of the forum so GTHOH
For aviation city, a crossed my finger and hope for the best, Su 35 is trash go for EFT. I hope love of F-16 will be over..

Well, like any nation, we have our weaknesses but that does not mean a troll can derail the thread with his stinkers. We have made mistakes but we are not more pathetic than them. Our JF17 is flying and developing into a formidable fighter while Tejas is a failure and they took a decade to decide about their next gen A/C Rafale. While Pakistan Airforce has already launched the proejct Azm for the 5th gen A/C and I totally support this approach. All we need is a stop gap solution. Su-35 looks very good on paper but PAF is not very keen on it and also it has not been battle tested. Even in Syria, Russia is using Su-34s. PAF rejected Rafale due to economic reasons (most absurd reason) but basically they were blinded by F-16 and they always hoped USA would keep obliging them due to some unwritten rule or agreement with them. So now the best option is EFT but your economy is in shambles due to the exorbitant amount of embezzlement by the politicians especially in the last 3 decades.

Totally disagreed. Five fingers are never equal and chiefs have been different in the past. Aviation city is a very very good initiative and I just wish it had been started earlier, a decade earlier but it is never too late. No they are not doing it to please us since they are not politicians and common people don't even know about these things. You should learn to see thing in reality and control your negativity. I'm one of their critics on PDF (ref @Oscar @MastanKhan). But we have to pay the due wherever it is due.

First on AV City , Its a blessing for Pakistan , Great step forward , all credit goes to current ACM , only thing wrong in this is we are 20+ years late........... But as you said its never too late.
Now on heavy bird , EFT is the only battle prove option , and PAF is (was) also interesting , now all depends on Money (funds) availability , I don't buy Su-35 story , PAF don't have that leverage on Russia. But who knows ...
On 5th gen my understanding of ACM interview(s) is PAF not only Buy one but also build one . Only option available is J-31 (j-20 not for sell) , tech we get from them will help us to build our own (or even JV with Turkey or China) 5th Gen bird , but that will take 15+ years .
Currently we need 3 category birds which are Medium , Heavy and 5th Gen............. I hope we see some action , we are already too late , tech and number gap with IAF is increasing every year , we are to far behind(only fan boys wont going to agree).

For aviation city, a crossed my finger and hope for the best, Su 35 is trash go for EFT. I hope love of F-16 will be over..
WE can keep love of F-16 , but we have to replace Mirages too and J-10 is best for that , all funds going in Mirages can go to J-10 and we can have one new Medium Bird (delta wing).
Now we like it or not No More New F-16s are coming to PAF. hell even old ones are not coming if IAF buys F-16s

Aviation city will become base of aeronautical industry give it some time to it, and as for EFT we can get second hand from Italy or Germany but its a trenche-1 or 2 which is mainly air superiority jet with limited CAS and strike capability we need true multirole jet advance than our F-16 block52 and the latest trenche-3 is extremely expensive, how about J-10C or J-11D from China

First on AV City , Its a blessing for Pakistan , Great step forward , all credit goes to current ACM , only thing wrong in this is we are 20+ years late........... But as you said its never too late.
Now on heavy bird , EFT is the only battle prove option , and PAF is (was) also interesting , now all depends on Money (funds) availability , I don't buy Su-35 story , PAF don't have that leverage on Russia. But who knows ...
On 5th gen my understanding of ACM interview(s) is PAF not only Buy one but also build one . Only option available is J-31 (j-20 not for sell) , tech we get from them will help us to build our own (or even JV with Turkey or China) 5th Gen bird , but that will take 15+ years .
Currently we need 3 category birds which are Medium , Heavy and 5th Gen............. I hope we see some action , we are already too late , tech and number gap with IAF is increasing every year , we are to far behind(only fan boys wont going to agree).

WE can keep love of F-16 , but we have to replace Mirages too and J-10 is best for that , all funds going in Mirages can go to J-10 and we can have one new Medium Bird (delta wing).
Now we like it or not No More New F-16s are coming to PAF. hell even old ones are not coming if IAF buys F-16s

Hi,

Though I said at least a decade late but in my heart was 2-2.5 decades late. But it will go a long way. It is not just tied to the next gen or 5th A/C, it will create an aerospace hub for all future developments including both the fixed wing and hopefully rotary wing (choppers) A/C too. TFX, J-31 can form good basis for our own solution.

I lean toward EFT for multiple reasons. However, one correction. Su-35 is not a political issue, if PAF wants Su35, it will get it. Russians want business and they will sell it. Don't buy the propaganda by indian slum dogs on PDF. If Russia can sell S-400 to a leading NATO member state with second largest military in NATO, there is much less of a bump between Islamabad and Moscow rather the latter has been giving positive signal for quite some time. But as I explained earlier. First it has not been battle tested, PAF is still not very keen on Russian inventory, maintenance records of Russian airplanes are not that stellar, MTBF for engines is lesser than their European and US competitors etc. Just look at the availability of Su30 for IAF so PAF learns from the mistakes of IAF though it makes its own too.

Medium and heavy are needed. EFT can fulfil both roles since it is kind of in between the medium and the heavy A/C like F16 and Su35 respectively. So instead of worrying about two separate A/C, just go for 3-4 squadrons of EFT.

First, do not dreams On about any Russian jet until India is investing there in their market.
You have only option is China. China will take at least 10-15 years to mature its 5th gen jets market production before she sell it to any other market.
Third, China is gonna sell it to Pakistan in real is all depends on India- China relation in future.
If India-china relation is growing good in future then forget this jet is for you. (NEVER)
So today you decided that instead of taking a dump in your open air toilet, you will rather puke it online? Now GTFO because none of it has any truth.

Pakistan air force is in a jam... it doesn't really have any good options...

Chinese 5th Gen isn't quite there yet.

Russians are just fooling everyone by have a plane that's shaped as a 5th Gen without anything backing it up under the skin...

Americans are backing away from pakistan.

Europeans are hesitant to supply pakistan with any serious military hardware and are usually off the charts prohibitively expensive

In house development is still a pipe dream for a country that doesn't really have a domestic technologically advance economy to support such a project... will have to resort to the global black market to peace together different components from different areas.

So in essence pakistan air force is pretty much stuck in the eighties for the next couple decades...

Hi,

Though I said at least a decade late but in my heart was 2-2.5 decades late. But it will go a long way. It is not just tied to the next gen or 5th A/C, it will create an aerospace hub for all future developments including both the fixed wing and hopefully rotary wing (choppers) A/C too. TFX, J-31 can form good basis for our own solution.

I lean toward EFT for multiple reasons. However, one correction. Su-35 is not a political issue, if PAF wants Su35, it will get it. Russians want business and they will sell it. Don't buy the propaganda by indian slum dogs on PDF. If Russia can sell S-400 to a leading NATO member state with second largest military in NATO, there is much less of a bump between Islamabad and Moscow rather the latter has been giving positive signal for quite some time. But as I explained earlier. First it has not been battle tested, PAF is still not very keen on Russian inventory, maintenance records of Russian airplanes are not that stellar, MTBF for engines is lesser than their European and US competitors etc. Just look at the availability of Su30 for IAF so PAF learns from the mistakes of IAF though it makes its own too.

Medium and heavy are needed. EFT can fulfil both roles since it is kind of in between the medium and the heavy A/C like F16 and Su35 respectively. So instead of worrying about two separate A/C, just go for 3-4 squadrons of EFT.

So today you decided that instead of taking a dump in your open air toilet, you will rather puke it online? Now GTFO because none of it has any truth.
It's dreamworld ... but imagine tying like $250-300 m of a Typhoon order to each of the Consortium members doing something at Kamra Aviation City, be it many man hours of teaching, consultancy, etc, or some local industry work for spare parts manufacturing work (which can extend to supporting the Project Azm FGF).

It's dreamworld ... but imagine tying like $250-300 m of a Typhoon order to each of the Consortium members doing something at Kamra Aviation City, be it many man hours of teaching, consultancy, etc, or some local industry work for spare parts manufacturing work (which can extend to supporting the Project Azm FGF).

Well, if we can gather some of the robbed money in near future in addition to plugging the mega corruption that is depriving the nation between USD 15 - 20 bln per year, we can very well afford EFTs and since consortium is already planning to shutter down the production of EFTs, it can very well be transferred to Kamra. However the dividends will be immense as that amount can buy some essentially technologies for the next gen A/C. Also TFX will feature a rolls-royce engine made in Turkey so that's another connection. The biggest impediment in unleashing the full performance gambit of J-31s is the engine...an achilles heels of China. If we can circumvent this through a smart move, we can potentially make a better bird than many on the list.

Back
Top Bottom