What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Nothing happened. The problem is that PAF is facing enemy almost 2x larger. The PAF should only focus on fighting IAF in Kashmir, Punjab and Sindh. Giving PAF the task to cover naval assets and maritime strike would put unnecessary pressure while facing a larger air force.

Check my post above.

Maybe u can be more careful with the words u use. Using words like "rely on" and "unnecessary pressure" are wrong when u have no idea what ur talking about. Its like in another thread u suggest using ballistic missiles instead of fighter jets lolz. It derails the thread and a useless discussion starts.

Maybe u can be more careful with the words u use. Using words like "rely on" and "unnecessary pressure" are wrong when u have no idea what ur talking about. Its like in another thread u suggest using ballistic missiles instead of fighter jets lolz. It derails the thread and a useless discussion starts.
Ok you tell me what I am talking about? Why making such a big deal? Also I never said that we should use ballistic missiles instead of fighter jets. What I said was to use ballistic and cruise missiles to neutralize airfields, naval bases, etc.... Maybe you thought I meant that we should replace fighter jets with ballistic missiles? I dont know why you are being so disrespectful and rude.... I never said anything to provoke you.

Last edited:
Ok you tell me what I am talking about? Why making such a big deal? Also I never said that we should use ballistic missiles instead of fighter jets. What I said was to use ballistic and cruise missiles to neutralize airfields, naval bases, etc.... Maybe you thought I meant that we should replace fighter jets with ballistic missiles? I dont know why you are being so disrespectful and rude.... I never said anything to provoke you.

Sorry if i sounded rude, i didn't mean to. Actually the topic gets derailed and everyone goes that way.

Where is Tughril?
No news since few days after colombo.
Since Type-054 AP has endurance of 15000 KM, so i think this ship is undergoing endurance testing that is why even after a month plus is still away from its destination.

Launched mean ready to start production ?

Or launching to sea for final test and trial ?
launching to sea for tests and trials
type 54 launching ceremony pic is below
1640177616019.png

Launched mean ready to start production ?

Or launching to sea for final test and trial ?
Launch means launch..i.e its in water
It still has alot of work needs to be completed before sea trials usually 30-40% work is left after launch

Launch is half way through the work on ship.. That means basic structure is done. All radars, sensors, weapons, EW, everything remains to be added.

Sea trials comes later, towards the end of development.

It seems PN will get all 4 by mid
of next year

Nope, by mid of 2023. PN will have 2 ships by mid of next year (2022)

Note, first Type 54A was launched on August 2020. Which we are getting now that means almost 1.5 year later. This is not bad timing at all. Warship building is painfully slow process,

Second ship was launched on 29 January 2021. So second should be due for commission in about 4-6 months.

Back
Top Bottom