What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

The 4th ship of Pakistani type 054A/P might be one of the 3 navy ships scheduled to be launched tomorrow afternoon at 3pm Beijing time, in Shanghai, China.
Yes, three new ships to be launched today (23rd) between 15:00~16:15

1.jpg

No specific types mentioned on official source, but I guess they are likely a 071E (LPD) for Thailand, a 054A/P for Pakistan, and a 054A for PLAN

Last edited:
Yes, three new ships to be launched today (23rd) between 15:00~16:15

View attachment 802754

No specific types mentioned on official source, but I guess they are likely a 071E (LPD) for Thailand, a 054A/P for Pakistan, and a 054A for PLAN

So its 3rd one or 4th ??? Thanks .

I think it's the 4th one, there's a small mistake in Dafeng Cao's tweet (he said 3rd).
Can't be sure though, let's wait for other posters to confirm.
@lcloo
My record shows that:-
1st ship launched on 2020-08-22
2nd ship launched on 2021-01-29
3rd ship launched on 2021-08-01

So this should be the 4th ship - launched 2021-12-23

Naval modernization should be given priority over army and not to forget pak marines should get armour to with APC and al zarar tanks and few helicopters will definately enhance them

Type 052 D should be know also given priority we have small ships

Naval modernization should be given priority over army and not to forget pak marines should get armour to with APC and al zarar tanks and few helicopters will definately enhance them

Type 052 D should be know also given priority we have small ships

I would agree that the Navy, and the offensive arm of the PAF and the defensive arm of Pakistan AD Network(eg HQ-9's and more) should be the focus.

The era of throwing 500 tanks at each other are over - esp with the nuclear overhang. Anti-Sea denial of "attempting to put a Naval blockade on Pakistan" or "Aerial strikes on Pakistan" ( which one day - India will work out to do ... ) or cruise missile strikes are the only strategies left to India. India tried the latter and failed - and it may feel compelled to try the former and the later again.

I do think that Pakistan's defence planners sense something similar, hence the focus on AD Networks to defend against Aerial strikes, and a new offensive strike fighter( i.e. J10C/D? ) and new Naval ships and the ongoing development of the Babur and Ra'ad programmes. Other than the VT4's and the failed AH-1Z/T-129 programmes - PA has not received much in the way of upgrades. Most of the modernisation of the PA is either stalled or progressing very slowly.

Last edited:
Unbelievable pace at which Chinese roll out ships. Not taking anything away from their expertise, since so many Type 054As have been rolled out, the production process seems to have smoothened alot.

I personally think before the Type 054A production stops, it would make sense to place an order of 4 more. Looking at the pace, even an order placed now might get us these ships before all the Babur Class deliveries are made.

Unbelievable pace at which Chinese roll out ships. Not taking anything away from their expertise, since so many Type 054As have been rolled out, the production process seems to have smoothened alot.

I personally think before the Type 054A production stops, it would make sense to place an order of 4 more. Looking at the pace, even an order placed now might get us these ships before all the Babur Class deliveries are made.
I think there was an option for 2 more frigates in the original order. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think there was an option for 2 more frigates in the original order. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yes, the initial order included a provision of ordering 2 more without a change in contract terms. But signing a separate contract for additional ships shouldn't be a problem either I guess.

Back
Top Bottom